Default DeMarcus Cousins is averaging 4 three point attempts per game.

Default Re: DeMarcus Cousins is averaging 4 three point attempts per game.

I like Cousins, but his FG% is DISGUSTING for a big man (42% I think). The man is freakin' MASSIVE, strong, and skilled. He should be much more efficient. However, part of the reason for this is that, looking at shooting data, he really doesn't finish like other top big men. Still, he shouldn't be taking so many jumpers, and definitely shouldnt be taking so many 3s. I don't think he should be taking jumpers at all tbqh, given his size and strength.

at that video haha

When cousins shoots multiple threes a game, Noone cares but when Anthony Davis shoots a couple threes a game everyone loses their mind

Quote Originally Posted by gyu
    When cousins shoots multiple threes a game, Noone cares but when Anthony Davis shoots a couple threes a game everyone loses their mind
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-24JdMn4jHQ

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Stretch 5

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    I like Cousins, but his FG% is DISGUSTING for a big man (42% I think). The man is freakin' MASSIVE, strong, and skilled. He should be much more efficient. However, part of the reason for this is that, looking at shooting data, he really doesn't finish like other top big men. Still, he shouldn't be taking so many jumpers, and definitely shouldnt be taking so many 3s. I don't think he should be taking jumpers at all tbqh, given his size and strength.

at that video haha
    He's shooting 44.3% on 2's so the issue isn't the 3's here.

(24*3)/(2*77)= 46.75% so if we ignore free throws, he's actually shooting better from 3 than 2 from an efficiency standpoint.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dhsilv
    He's shooting 44.3% on 2's so the issue isn't the 3's here.

(24*3)/(2*77)= 46.75% so if we ignore free throws, he's actually shooting better from 3 than 2 from an efficiency standpoint.
    Yep

And to make it even more drastic

These threes are essentially just some of his old midrange possessions, stretched out to 23ft. He's shooting around 38% from midrange this year, peaking at 42% 2 years ago. Even then, him shooting 31-32% on the 3 is more efficient a perimeter shot.

Cousins is just unfit and struggling physically coming back from injuries at the moment. He just got dominated by Gortat, even down low.