Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Re: Husband of gay sailor named Military Spouse of the Year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    On it's own it's nothing, but it's representative of a disturbing and decadent trend in American life: this truly absurd obsession with running the world according to the dictates of political correctness, and the insane obsessions of people who think and behave like children. Not satisfied with keeping their childish opinions to themselves, they seek to impose them on everyone, through force, which is why this kind of idiocy is becoming ubiquitous. If you think cultural shifts aren't important, and that it won't have a large impact on future trends, then you're a plain fool.
    By that same token, I think OP is a fool if tapping away at a phone or computer to bitch about this is the extent of his objection. Uninspired and lazy rambling is a proven method to bring about change.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/san-...e-of-the-year/

Ok, so, other than being gay, what makes this guy a candidate for 'Military Spouse of the Year'?

Last year's winner:

Lots of good stuff. Daily mentoring, created and runs her own business for women on base, and going to school, and now is using her victory to teach other military spouses how to create and run their own business.

Here is the gay guy's accomplishments:

He raised money and gave some advice on VA home loans.

Our country is a joke. Amazingly, we have over 2,000,000 military service members, with roughly half a million wives (me guessing), and the .000001% of those spouses, the gay guy, gets the nomination.

But not because he's gay. He just gives good advice on VA home loans.

...and this bothers you because?

Do you seriously just look for shit to piss you off?

You don't have any other more important things to worry about?

I do.

I am still involved in numerous military programs, a few of which are aimed directly at spouses.

If you aren't going to give the award out based on merit, don't give it out at all. That's a slap in the face to spouses that I know deserve it more.

Giving out advice doesn't make you spouse of the year.
    Maybe we can give every one of them participation trophies...would that make you happy?

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Maybe we can give every one of them participation trophies...would that make you happy?

I really do not understand how you can disagree with his statement. Just based on the law of averages, this guy would never ever win an award. But yet, here he is winning an award.

And of course there's the Bruce Jenner ESPY Courage award.

Had Jenner never decided to be a woman, he would never have won. When you think about the term "courage" and the fact that Jenner has been out of the Sports spotlight for decades, that in itself seems out of place. I mean he beat out a girl who died of Cancer, and an athlete with prosthetics!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiltside
    I'm guessing you haven't been this angry since Caitlyn Jenner won an award for bravery.
    Shit, that was the best...

A dude winning woman of the year? Democrats were so torn... do you support the dude who chopped his wee wee off, or are you outraged they're giving an award meant for females to a male?

No really, I just think its a slap in the face to military spouses. Giving someone an award who doesn't deserve simply to have a feel good story is disingenuous, wouldn't you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by nightlight
    By that same token, I think OP is a fool if tapping away at a phone or computer to bitch about this is the extent of his objection. Uninspired and lazy rambling is a proven method to bring about change.
    If you don't have an opinion on the topic, why are you in here?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    I really do not understand how you can disagree with his statement. Just based on the law of averages, this guy would never ever win an award. But yet, here he is winning an award.

Had Jenner never decided to be a woman, he would never have won. When you think about the term "courage" and the fact that Jenner has been out of the Sports spotlight for decades, that in itself seems out of place. I mean he beat out a girl who died of Cancer, and an athlete with prosthetics!
    And Bruce Jenner won woman of the year. Next, Justin Beiber will win negro of the year and Drake will be best chili.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Yea except the winner last year did nothing impressive either. Why do you care about this award? Because you don't want gays in the military?

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

I don't think men were made to be gay...at all.

But women have gotten so bad that it almost seems like an option even for straight men.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Yea except the winner last year did nothing impressive either. Why do you care about this award? Because you don't want gays in the military?

No, because it's clear that there is an agenda behind these awards. In fact, it's the same thing as giving someone a Participation award.

There is an agenda to shove Homosexuality in the face of the majority of people who are not. Media awards are a joke in the first place, but awards of any kind should be given based on merit, achievement, success, and the clear and obvious reason that the person given the award was better than everyone else.

Going back to Jenner, Jenner is not even a woman, yet he won some Woman of the Year award?? He still has a *****. Whether he slices it off or not, his DNA will always be male DNA, yet here we have media outlets brainwashing the masses, purporting that he is a she and that the LGBT community needs all this special attention.

It's just madness.

Decent playground baller Wiltside's Avatar

Shit, that was the best...

A dude winning woman of the year? Democrats were so torn... do you support the dude who chopped his wee wee off, or are you outraged they're giving an award meant for females to a male?

No really, I just think its a slap in the face to military spouses. Giving someone an award who doesn't deserve simply to have a feel good story is disingenuous, wouldn't you agree?
    I didn't know any dems who didn't just accept Caitlyn as a woman. Regardless, I apparently called out the wrong poster for being angry about Caitlyn Jenner:

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing

So angry

Banned

He deserves to win for letting his husband be a sailor........

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw

How they pussify and bastardize the military is a travesty. These people really hate our military to do this.