Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Default Re: Stephen Hawking: 'AI could spell end of the human race'

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
    The moment that genuine artificial intelligence comes in contact with the Internet is the moment that we're ****ed because the rate at which it would gather information, evolve, decentralize itself and further its own intelligence would be so incredibly mind-blowing that we wouldn't be able to keep up. Additionally, the idea that it would come to any conclusion other than the fact that human beings have got to go is preposterous and wishful thinking.

By the way, the military made skynet a real thing. It's not just in the movies.

The scenario that plays out in the terminator movies would be child's play compared to the real horrors that would be carried out.
    Why? Why would it have any motives of it's own at all? Why would it care if humans exist or not? Because we could potentially delete it? Why would it even care if it was deleted?

I can buy that we are capable of creating AI, but I do not buy that the AI would have actual feelings or motives to do things on it's own or even be truly self aware of it's own existence. It would just be a program that is capable of learning...it would be code...0001110100101011111001101000...it would not have an actual consciousness

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    Why? Why would it have any motives of it's own at all? Why would it care if humans exist or not? Because we could potentially delete it? Why would it even care if it was deleted?

I can buy that we are capable of creating AI, but I do not buy that the AI would have actual feelings or motives to do things on it's own or even be truly self aware of it's own existence. It would just be a program that is capable of learning...it would be code...0001110100101011111001101000...it would not have an actual consciousness

I'm no expert here....

But some of the videos I've seen on the subject are actually pretty scary...
    And many of them do share similar believes as Orlando Magic just described.

A movie I have not watched yet would probably answer your question:

Check out the trailer whenever u get a chance...

Good college starter SwayDizzle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
    I'm no expert here....

But some of the videos I've seen on the subject are actually pretty scary...
    And many of them do share similar believes as Orlando Magic just described.

A movie I have not watched yet would probably answer your question:

Check out the trailer whenever u get a chance...
    such a good movie, check it out

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~

I should have specified consciousness. What causes consciousness, anyways? A certain level of intelligence being reached?

But in any event, we've got to go because we are the single worst virus on the ****ing planet. Human beings are infinitely worse than aids, ebola, etc
    Last edited by Orlando Magic; 05-11-2016 at 09:29 AM.