Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Why do Liberals turn their back to Islamic Terrorism?

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    I'm thinking if you aren't interested in love that would make you a sociopath...can't hate on the hippy movement, their message is a good one, regardless of how realistic it is.

Can't shit on someone for attempting to spread love...
    Yes you can. Being self-indulgent and unrealistic is both dangerous and foolish. If you really have love for people/persons you actually do something productive for them rather than twittering on about love like some self-obsessed bozo.

What they do actually demeans love because it isn't grounded in any kind of reality: it is a mere abstraction, a word. I wonder if these people have actually been in love, and whether this isn't a compensation for the fact they have not. Love makes you selfish (because by definition it elevates your concern for particular persons above all others), it makes you protective, and it can only be felt for individuals, not for mere abstractions. All I see from these people is pretence and show.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Yes you can. Being self-indulgent and unrealistic is both dangerous and foolish. If you really have love for people/persons you actually do something productive for them rather than twittering on about love like some self-obsessed bozo.

What they do actually demeans love because it isn't grounded in any kind of reality: it is a mere abstraction, a word. I wonder if these people have actually been in love, and whether this isn't a compensation for the fact they have not. Love makes you selfish (because by definition it elevates your concern for particular persons above all others), it makes you protective, and it can only be felt for individuals, not for mere abstractions. All I see from these people is pretence and show.
    tweeting "everyone love everyone" hurts no one...you running around complaining that people are spreading too much love is a bad look IMO.

I'm thinking if you aren't interested in love that would make you a sociopath...can't hate on the hippy movement, their message is a good one, regardless of how realistic it is.

Can't shit on someone for attempting to spread love...
    Muslims invaders are spreading a lot of love to european women, especially on new years eve.

tweeting "everyone love everyone" hurts no one...you running around complaining that people are spreading too much love is a bad look IMO.
    Actually, if it gets in the way of doing something actually meaningful and productive, it can hurt plenty of people. Typing that sort of thing on twitter serves no purpose, and the attitude in general is downright destructive (and actually has nothing to do with love).

As I said already, you can't love an abstraction, and "everyone" is an abstraction. It's a complete distortion of what love is to pretend it can be applied to everybody. Self-deception is dangerous, especially when it happens on a mass scale.

I'm not complaining that they're spreading "too much love"--i'm complaining that they aren't actually spreading any at all, while making a pretence that they are doing so, as if simply declaring love for everyone absolves a person from all responsibility and need to think and reckon with difficult questions that don't have ideal solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by StephHamann
    Muslims invaders are spreading a lot of love to european women, especially on new years eve.
    *Love trumps Law*

"More love will solve everything: Love, Love, Love, woooo!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    *Love trumps Law*

"More love will solve everything: Love, Love, Love, woooo!!!"
    Facebook recently banned a gay community because they said the islamic religion is spreading hate against gays.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

I was responding to him saying not everyone is interested in love...can a group with love signs protesting "get in the way"...sure they can

I thought that wars were ultimately fought so that everyone can have peace and love. Evolving into that perfect utopian society.

My father was a hippy who protested war...his best fried was a green beret who fought in Nam...they both understood each other. I feel like this generation is missing that...we are more divided. People in past generations may have disagreed with a girl holding a sign, but they still had compassion for what she was saying.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    this idiot calling me out, fake tough guy.

Not just a fake tough guy but an idiot at that, comparing Sadaam to ISIS

Sadaam had an army, had targets to attack, an infrastructure that could be pinpointed ISIS not so much.

Fake tough guy acting like you'd go fight them yourself, like it takes balls to sign a document to go fight them. Anyone can easily sign a drone attack and/or send troops. And Obama has already killed/captured some leaders and disrupted some cells. But again, it's not as simple as launching an all out assault on an army since they live all over the world. They have cells that operate underground and live within the general population. What, you gonna launch an attack on an entire Orlando neighborhood?

Gonna wipe out an entire Minnesota Muslim population because you're afraid that one of them may have stated something negative about Trump on Facebook?

Idiot talk like yours is THE reason why extremists exist in the first place, and mentality like yours is the reason they WON'T get destroyed but instead grow. But you're too stupid to understand that.

As for me being a P*ssy, I'd smack the shit outta you in real life, f*ck internet talk

Nothing fake about me, bitch. And you're clueless to the might of the U.S. Military. So keep on telling yourself that it's "complicated". It's not, really. You kill the bad guy. End of story.