Banned

Default RIP Trump University Discussion 2016-2016

Why Isn't The Press Covering Clinton For-Profit University Scheme?

Laureate University

President Clinton in his retirement years affiliated himself with the Laureate Network, described as the "world's largest for-profit university network." It has a lot of big-money investors, mostly Democratic Party supporters: Henry Kravis, George Soros, Steve Cohen and Paul Allen.

But serious allegations have been raised over just how legitimate the "universities" affiliated with the Laureate Network are.
    As George Washington University law professor Jonathan Turley wrote recently: "Laureate Education has been sued over such programs as its Walden University Online offering, which many have alleged is a scam designed to bilk students of tens of thousands of dollars for degrees."

He added: "Students say that they were repeatedly delayed and given added costs as they tried to secure degrees, leaving them deeply in debt."

Does that sound like a legitimate organization? It reeks of a bait-and-switch academic scheme to us, playing off the desperation of young people who are seeking academic credentials.

Now here's the kicker: Former President Bill Clinton is the "honorary" chancellor of Laureate International, the parent of Walden and other online schools of its ilk.
    http://www.investors.com/politics/ed...ersity-scheme/

In another short lived discussion.

Nice try but it didn't last very long.

RIP 2016-2016

Some call me a grave digger. Been making a career of it.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Default Re: RIP Trump University Discussion 2016-2016

The media is a propaganda tool for the left so they will never say anything bad about Hilary. She's as crooked as they come and maybe the worse or one of the worse secretaries of states ever. Look at how they further destablize the ME. The death and carnage. They are throwing everything at Trump.

your boy trump legit helped scam americans in a pyramid scheme. legit scam. how could you support a person with such flawed character?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWMsib76q3Y

The mainstream media is a Clinton superPAC. In the new hacked DNC files, it reveals that the DNC blatantly rigged the primary for Hillary, purposely sabotaged Bernie and that the DNC consults with "reporters" before they interview GOP politicians and spokesmen.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    The mainstream media is a Clinton superPAC. In the new hacked DNC files, it reveals that the DNC blatantly rigged the primary for Hillary, purposely sabotaged Bernie and that the DNC consults with "reporters" before they interview GOP politicians and spokesmen.
    well it's a good thing the media rigged it for the best candidate...we lucked out there I guess

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree

Laureate University

RIP 2016-2016

What exact role in his Honorary position did Bill Clinton have? Was he actively participating and promising people results like Trump was? Did he have as direct an involvement as Trump held? I think it is certainly an embarrassment to be associated with such, but has any lawsuit been lunched directly against the Clinton's in this matter? I think it is better to stick with the email scandal and the Libya/Syria debacle. Going after Bill is a losing strategy unless you can show Hillary had direct involvement as well. She is the actual one running for the office.

Quote Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
    What exact role in his Honorary position did Bill Clinton have? Was he actively participating and promising people results like Trump was? Did he have as direct an involvement as Trump held? I think it is certainly an embarrassment to be associated with such, but has any lawsuit been lunched directly against the Clinton's in this matter? I think it is better to stick with the email scandal and the Libya/Syria debacle. Going after Bill is a losing strategy unless you can show Hillary had direct involvement as well. She is the actual one running for the office.
    Must be something crazy hard, cause they were paying him about $4 million per year.

I'm down with HRC

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree

Laureate University

RIP 2016-2016

You are truly a delusional person.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Must be something crazy hard, cause they were paying him about $4 million per year.
    all ethics aside, would you turn down $4m a year for a school/product/service to use your name?

I'm down with HRC

Laureate comes out Sylvan Learning which is one of the SAT/ACT prep companies, but they doing a bunch more stuff now, tutoring and a STEM camp for kids. Similar to how Kaplan University got started.

Their American campus is Walden. You can look up their reviews online. Inside Higher Education did a big piece on them a few years back.

When Sen Harkin reviewed for profits a few years ago. Walden was part of that report. Here's the section on them.

Conclusion
    Students attending Walden have significantly better rates of retention than other companies of comparable size. While Walden spends a high portion of revenue on marketing and on profit, and a relatively small amount on per student instruction, the students that it enrolls appear to be faring much
    better than at many companies the committee examined. Like other companies analyzed, Walden maintains aggressive enrollment goals and employs more than 500 recruiters, however, Walden invests more in student services than many companies reviewed. The instructional spending on its exclusively online programs is low, and with most of the faculty serving in part-time positions there may be concerns regarding the academic independence of the faculty.
    Walden’s 51.6 percent withdrawal rate for its 4-year Bachelor’s degree program is considerably worse than for its graduate programs, however, the company appears to have acted quickly to address this issue by instituting a free orientation program. Walden’s basic model of offering graduate level
    degrees to teachers and nurses already employed in the field suggests that neither the job placement rates of its students nor their enhanced earning power is a particular concern in the graduate degree programs.
    As the company increases the size of the undergraduate enrollment and prepares for the possibility of a public stock offering, these issues could become a more serious concern.
    In terms of studen loan defaults, they were actually much better than other for profits, but much better than the US average of all universitites, including non-profits.
    Student Loan Defaults
    The Department of Education tracks and reports the number of students who default on student loans (meaning that the student does not make payments for at least 360 days) within 3 years of entering repayment, which usually begins 6 months after leaving college.
    Slightly more than 1 in 5 students who attended a for-profit college (22 percent) defaulted on a student loan, according to the most recent data. In contrast, 1 student in 11 at public and non-profit schools defaulted within the same period. On the whole, students who attended for-profit schools default at nearly three times the rate of students who attended other types of institutions. The consequence of this higher rate is that almost half of all student loans defaults nationwide are held by students who attended for-profit colleges.
    The default rate across all 30 companies examined increased each fiscal year between 2005 and 2008, from 17.1 percent to 22.6 percent. This change represents a 32.6 percent increase over 4 years. Although Walden’s default rate has gradually increased, growing from 1.7 percent for students
    entering repayment in 2005 to 3.0 percent for students entering repayment in the default rate is significantly lower than the average, not just for for-profit colleges but for all colleges.

I'm down with HRC

Just checked my college. My college has lower than average student loan defaults and it's double Waldens.