Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

Default Re: Is it time to think about trading Klay Thompson?

Quote Originally Posted by Ca$H
    Klay for Embiid and Noel.
    noel,cov and lakers pick

Quote Originally Posted by Ca$H
    Dynasty? Talk about delusions of grandeur. Embiid can easily get injured again.

PG- 2017 draft
    Klay
    Simmons
    Saric
    Okafor

Embiid is basically a roll of the dice. Noel is a solid defensive big. The Warriors would be more likely to reject that trade.
    That's why I said potentially. The pieces they have right now and will receive from the Lakers & Kings draft picks may set them up for serious title contentions, and it starts with Embiid & Simmons.

Warriors would be more likely to reject, but that doesn't mean it isn't a retarded trade on both sides. You said it, Embiid is a roll of the dice. Why would they trade Klay, an established player for two injury prone bigs?

The Warriors are fine. They will get along. The issue is that they don't have a Center. This talk about the "Death Lineup" is misleading; it's good for spurts, employed at the right time; but the fact is that a dunk goes in 100% of the time, and a 3, even by a Warriors star, only goes in 45% of the time, and you can't even depend on that: many nights, that will slip to 30%. There is no "off night" for a dunk off a pick and roll, run intelligently as Bogut did.

Further, the game is a lot easier on your offensive stars if the other team has someone to worry about when they take it into the paint. Dray is as elite a defensive talent as I've seen for his size, but with his size, he can only be decent as a rim protector, he can't be elite.

Bogut was elite, or close to it. He's what made the Warriors a different team in kind, not in level, from the 2000s Mavs. The Warriors have collapsed in the playoffs every year he's been hurt. And even when he's healthy, it's not like the Warriors have ever been a dominant playoff team. Several mediocre squads took them to 6. Last year, the Blazers went down in 5, but that series, too, was closer than it looks in retrospect. They damn near lost to the Thunder.

The Warriors have a hole in the middle. It can't be filled by Pachulia, who is the definition of a "poor man's Bogut," which makes him a great fit, but not a sufficient replacement. It can't be filled by Kevon Looney. And it can't be filled by, ahem, JaVale McGee, either.

So the Warriors are due for a trade. And the most expendable piece, because of both redundancy in skill set and chemistry, is Thompson. If the Warriors could find the right fit at center to exchange for Thompson, I don't think they'd miss him, especially considering how good McCaw is looking.

The perfect fit would be someone who was Mason Plumlee on offense, but with shotblocking. I'm not sure who that is (obviously no one wants to send a player like this anywhere, never mind to the Warriors), or how they'd swing a deal, but Thompson has to be the most expendable star on the roster. If the Warriors started to lose, I bet chemistry issues with Curry and with Draymond would start to emerge.

I think they're better offensively as a unit with Klay getting more catch / shoot touches, then some of the stagnant play to accommodate newly acquired Durant. Someone will be dissatisfied before season's end. Klay, and Drapemond at some point will explode to ruin team chemistry.

Local High School Star joshwake's Avatar

One game into the regular season.....

yea you are right, that's enough time to evaluate how this team is going to work together. Trade the ****

Local High School Star

klay for ibaka and aaron gordon.

Clutchbrook Activated WWRWestbrookDo?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duskovujosevic
    I think he is not ready to accept 3rd offense option.
    its only been 1 game..

Local High School Star

If they can get a useful big for him I don't see why not

Banned

Expecto P'trade him