Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Re: Early picks for DPOY?

As I said before...it's Hassan Whiteside, period. Whether the Heat are winning or not...they are 3RD (they went up after last night lol) IN DEFENSE AND ALMOST ENTIRELY BECAUSE OF THIS MAN. If you are someone who is into advanced stats (and I've found drating correlates well if you keep it within the context of the team) the Heat have a 101.9 drating with Whiteside leading with a 93. No other starter is even lower than 103. That's a DPOY impact...especially considering the other challengers all have better defensive teammates in general. Nobody makes players more terrified of the paint than this man.

So no one is going to talk about how Rudy Gobert has the Jazz as the #1 defense in the league... while also having the best advanced defensive stats, never mind looking clearly like the most dominant rim protector?

Lmao.
    Last edited by Suguru101; 11-17-2016 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suguru101
    So on one is going to talk about how Rudy Robert has the Jazz as the #1 defense in the league... while also having the best advanced defensive stats, never mind looking clearly like the most dominant rim protector?

Lmao.
    The Jazz are 7th in defense...not one. Derrick Favors does a lot of the heavy lifting alongside Gobert, too. I've watched the Jazz a few times too this season, so this isn't advanced stats I'm talking about. Besides that...Hassan Whiteside is clearly the most dominant rim protector and it's not even close.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 11-17-2016 at 05:12 PM.

Giannis has been nice on defense from what I've seen. Then again, we're only 10 games in and I haven't watched many teams outside of the Heat and Bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    And that 6'0" pg has a bigger impact than anyone on your entire team defensively.
    More like a teenager is already 10x the defender Cp3 will ever hope to be Also more likely to make the finals before CP3

Undefeated

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    The Jazz are 7th in defense...not one. Derrick Favors does a lot of the heavy lifting alongside Gobert, too. I've watched the Jazz a few times too this season, so this isn't advanced stats I'm talking about. Besides that...Hassan Whiteside is clearly the most dominant rim protector and it's not even close.
    Yeah, on the bench injured. Lot of heavy lifting.

Quote Originally Posted by KiiiiNG
    Yeah, on the bench injured. Lot of heavy lifting.
    Todays game is the second game he's missed this season, dipshit. When I brought him up he had missed one game so far...so yeah, he's had a significant impact on their defense. Move along.