Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Again, I will ask....is Kevin Durant officially the best player in the world?

He has been for the last few years, and still is.

His move to GSW was worse than LBJ to Miami, but at least he has balled tf out in the Finals ever since putting all that pressure on himself. No choking since he put on that Warriors uni

Default Re: Again, I will ask....is Kevin Durant officially the best player in the world?

Talent, skill, eye test yes he is.

But playing in GSW is a big if, in OKC he was not so elite.

I need him as an alpha in a good but not clearly best in the league team to give a definitive opinion.

Not in 2014
    Not in 2015
    Not in 2016
    Close in 2017
    Not in 2018

2019...Probably could be him If Bron was 100% then it would be another

Not in 2019

I would say hes top 2 yes.

Kawhi Leonard, Steph Curry, Lebron are hovering there too

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

How do you define best? As the best offense and defense like in one on one? he may be.

The player that is most essential to winning? That's Steph Curry. If you want to win it all this year, Curry is the player you need. He is changing everything on the floor. So in a game of basketball, 5 on 5, Curry is the best player. Individually? He isn't. Who is? I don't know and I don't really care.

Nah not sure about that. Curry. Giannis. Harden are all better. Kwahi maybe

Quote Originally Posted by nayte
    Nah not sure about that. Curry. Giannis. Harden are all better. Kwahi maybe
    Kawhi is not in the same league. Giannis and to a much lesser degree Harden, have something to prove in the PS.

Until Durant puts himself in the situation where he is clearly the main guy on his own team, nobody can say that he is the best for sure.

Theortetically, he is most likely the best player in the world. Outside, inside and mid-range on offense, he can do it all at the highest level. He's also an excellent defender with length enough to bother anyone and quick enough to stay out from of anyone.

Just has to change teams.

Giannis and healthy lebron are better. Its hard to put him over Curry also seeing as he joined him cus he couldnt beat him

Currently Harden and Giannis are better. A case might could be made for Anthony Davis but his teams record hurts him.

Banned

yes and has been for a few years at least.