I rule the local playground

Default This years loyalty is different.

This is the first time in my 30 years watching NBA that I feel that Loyalty has gone out the window. I know the players dont owe the owners/organizations anything.

Ive seen multiple contenders disband when they realise they are on a treadmill and thats fine.

For me, disbanding reasons can be
    - Not having that X-Factor to get you across the line. Fine to blow it up.
    - Issues with team chemistry. Fine to blow it up.
    - Contract and pay issues. Fine to blow it up.

The distinct differences this year.
    - Toronto blowing it up. Its not a money issue, its not a losing issue and im pretty sure its not a chemistry issue when you have a lot of nice glue pieces such as Green/Gasol/Lowry. Its just players moving around for whatever reason.
    - GSW, this is a bit of a grey area. Because i dont see this as a losing issue (they are still faves if not disbanded), and i dont see this as a money issue. So it may be a chemistry issue. KD aint winning in nets, and he aint getting more money, and he had the green light to lead the gsw team thanks to Curry standing aside whenever needed. Then there is Iggy who has been great for them too.

This years trades just feels so empty. New York i feel like has a better chance of winning in the next 5 years than say Trailblazers, OKC, Nuggets from simply being a pretty destination despite them doing everything in their power to shoot themselves thanks to the current loyalty levels.

Default Re: This years loyalty is different.

There's no loyalty in business.

Quote Originally Posted by soots
    This is the first time in my 30 years watching NBA that I feel that Loyalty has gone out the window. I know the players dont owe the owners/organizations anything.

Ive seen multiple contenders disband when they realise they are on a treadmill and thats fine.

For me, disbanding reasons can be
    - Not having that X-Factor to get you across the line. Fine to blow it up.
    - Issues with team chemistry. Fine to blow it up.
    - Contract and pay issues. Fine to blow it up.

The distinct differences this year.
    - Toronto blowing it up. Its not a money issue, its not a losing issue and im pretty sure its not a chemistry issue when you have a lot of nice glue pieces such as Green/Gasol/Lowry. Its just players moving around for whatever reason.
    - GSW, this is a bit of a grey area. Because i dont see this as a losing issue (they are still faves if not disbanded), and i dont see this as a money issue. So it may be a chemistry issue. KD aint winning in nets, and he aint getting more money, and he had the green light to lead the gsw team thanks to Curry standing aside whenever needed. Then there is Iggy who has been great for them too.

This years trades just feels so empty. New York i feel like has a better chance of winning in the next 5 years than say Trailblazers, OKC, Nuggets from simply being a pretty destination despite them doing everything in their power to shoot themselves thanks to the current loyalty levels.
    Think you can casually slip this in here? New York has and won't do shit for another 50 years

College superstar

"Loyalty is something that hurts you at times, because you can't get youth back. I can honestly say that if I could go back and do my situation over, knowing what I know now with this organization, I'd have done it a little sooner."

-KG back in 2010 when asked what Lebron should do that offseason