Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: This is how pathetic the Heat collusion was...

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    Hell naw. Kawhi abandoned a team that did everything for him and they even won a ring together. That's pathetic and low. LeGod should've left Cleveland the summer that they signed Mo Williams.
    Yes, I completely agree that Lebron needed to leave the Cavs as I have been saying for a decade now.

However, stacking the deck in an already weak conference was a bitch move whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Yes, I completely agree that Lebron needed to leave the Cavs as I have been saying for a decade now.

However, stacking the deck in an already weak conference was a bitch move whether you want to acknowledge it or not.
    You stack the deck if you can do it. Microsoft didn't stop themselves from setting up a monopoly. It's up to external sources to prevent you from doing that. Might as well say players who don't put their hand up after a foul are dishonorable bitches too.

You stack the deck if you can do it. It's up to external sources to prevent you from doing that. Might as well say players who don't put their hand up after a foul are dishonorable bitches too.
    I disagree completely from a player standpoint.

From a franchise standpoint? Absolutely.

And we are already seeing players realize this. Leonard didn't go to the Lakers...and KD didn't join Leonard.

Why?

Because they wanted to take on more of a challenge and want more credit if they do win.

KD joining the Warriors and rightly the narrative around that I think has gone a long way to ending the "superteam" era.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I disagree completely from a player standpoint.

From a franchise standpoint? Absolutely.

And we are already seeing players realize this. Leonard didn't go to the Lakers...and KD didn't join Leonard.

Why?

Because they wanted to take on more of a challenge and want more credit if they do win.

KD joining the Warriors and rightly the narrative around that I think has gone a long way to ending the "superteam" era.
    Then you're a glory hunter not really someone trying to win. You just want attention. I may be playing devil's advocate a bit but I really don't find one path more respectable than the other.

Then you're a glory hunter not really someone trying to win.
    To argue that Leonard going to the Clippers instead of the Lakers is "not really someone trying to win"...is a statement I could not disagree more with.

Not taking the easiest path to a ring does not mean a player is a glory hunter and isn't trying to win.

Some people, most even, want some semblance of balance and fairness in competition...it is what makes competing so fun.

Winning, when you just have to show up and not be terrible, just isn't the same.

These aren't new concepts and you are seeing it play out in front of you.

Kawhi shamelessly recruited an MVP candidate to LA with him.

Then you're a glory hunter not really someone trying to win. You just want attention. I may be playing devil's advocate a bit but I really don't find one path more respectable than the other.
    So you're saying KDs rings are as valuable as say Hakeems? To you the path doesn't matter, just the result of the stacked deck. Or that's what it seems like.

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    So you're saying KDs rings are as valuable as say Hakeems? To you the path doesn't matter, just the result of the stacked deck. Or that's what it seems like.

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam
    Kawhi just colluded with a dude who finished 3rd in MVP and DPoY voting to join a 48 win team

I'm loving this, after the finals Kawhi was the 'anti-Bron' he would never do any of this recruiting or colluding to dishonor the game. But he's been trying to get a top 10 player the join up with this whole time...so now you Bron haters gotta back track

issa wrap

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450
    Kawhi shamelessly recruited an MVP candidate to LA with him.
    and left his team directly after wining fmvp

1st time in nba history

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Wade was 3rd and 5th in MVP voting the prior two seasons.

Bosh was 12th in MVP voting and top 5 in PER the previous season.

The 2009-10 records for the Cavaliers, Heat, and Raptors...

Heat 47-35
    Raptors 40-42
    Cavaliers 61-21

2010-11 records for those same three teams...

Heat 58-24
    Raptors 22-60
    Cavaliers 19-63

Lebron effectively took out two of his contenders and stacked his team with two of the top five best players in the East alongside himself.

With an aging Celtics team and Derrick Rose not ready for the next level, the path was cleared for dominance...and Lebron's teams did with eight straight finals appearances. It says something when the Warriors are supposedly the most talented team ever and they only have five straight appearances...in a stronger conference.

Now it would have been different if Lebron won more than half of his appearances, you can overlook the dominance of the East and say that you can only play who is in front of you. But Lebron was losing in the finals...quite a bit. Not just losing but getting smoked.

Twice Lebron has been swept in the finals, and twice losing in five games.

So it was not just losing in the finals. We can all excuse a valiant performance, but several times Lebron's teams did not look like the 2nd or 3rd best team in the league. They look like they were the JV team in the finals. You don't get credit in the finals for just showing up and getting beat down.
    High iq

You pointed out something that gets missed about the collusion. He joined the two best players from his own conference! So he not only stacked the deck, he sucked the remaining air out of an already historically weak conference. It guaranteed him a free trip to the Finals every year.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    High iq

You pointed out something that gets missed about the collusion. He joined the two best players from his own conference! So he not only stacked the deck, he sucked the remaining air out of an already historically weak conference. It guaranteed him a free trip to the Finals every year.
    Dwight > Bosh

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Dwight > Bosh

For LeBron?

Hell no. That fit would be a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    For LeBron?

Hell no. That fit would be a disaster.
    Dude said Wade & Bosh were the next 2 best players in the conference. That was incorrect considering Dwight was clearly the better player at the time. I never even alluded to fit