NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default I bet that when Kobe hits jumpers on 3 possession in a row, his team wins the quarter

Same goes for Curry, MJ, Dirk, or any pure shooter that can get hot

A hot streak always gives the entire team a rush and teammates start making plays and getting adrenalized

That's why teams must double-team hot jumpshooters and get the ball out of their hands, whereas they meet penetrators at the rim

A good example of this was the 2009 ECF, when Stan Van Gundy said he let Lebron iso and didn't double because lebron doesn't punish sufficiently as a scorer - i.e. he rarely gets hot and wins quarters with his jumper..

His lack of doubles allowed SVG to play him straight up and shut down his teammates... And Lebron lack of aggression further encouraged single coverage - he only averaged 25 shot attempts despite getting consistent single coverage and his teammates bottled up because of it.. .. a classic case of a broke jumper drying up the double-teams and ultimately bottling up teammates..
    Last edited by 3ball; 09-29-2019 at 10:31 AM.

Default Re: I bet that when Kobe hits jumpers on 3 possession in a row, his team wins the quarter

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Same goes for Curry, MJ, Dirk, or any pure shooter that can get hot

A hot streak always gives the entire team a rush and teammates start making plays and getting adrenalized

That's why teams must double-team hot jumpshooters and get the ball out of their hands, whereas they meet penetrators at the rim

A good example of this was the 2009 ECF, when Stan Van Gundy said he let Lebron iso and didn't double because lebron doesn't punish sufficiently as a scorer - i.e. he rarely gets hot and wins quarters with his jumper..

Lebron's lack of doubles allowed SVG to play him straight up and shut down his teammates... And his lack of aggression further encouraged single coverage - he only averaged 25 shot attempts despite getting consistent single coverage and his teammates bottled up because of it.. .. a classic case of a broke jumper drying up the double-teams and ultimately bottling up teammates..
    In that very 2009 ECF, LeBron in game 5 scored or assisted 32 straight Cavaliers points to close out the game.

bit more than 3 straight jumpers, ay. But yes, it was jump shots everywhere.

Default Re: I bet that when Kobe hits jumpers on 3 possession in a row, his team wins the quarter

OP is 43 years old, single, and lives with his mother.

Consecutive three's will do that. No one shits in their pants due to a midrange.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater

bit more than 3 straight jumpers, ay. But yes, it was jump shots everywhere.
    He shot 37.6% on jumpers overall (35/93), 30% in the 4th quarter (6/20)

So again, no need to double him because he wasn't a threat to get hot and win the quarter with a quick barrage.. and his low 25 shots per game despite the single coverage further encouraged the straight-up defense and locking down of teammates

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater

In that very 2009 ECF, LeBron in game 5 scored or assisted 32 straight Cavaliers points to close out the game.
    You're making my point by saying that he dribbled for the entire 4th quarter and made every single play, which is westbrooking and easy to guard

He should've been moving the ball and playing a better-paced game that makies the defense work, so everyone is making back-breaking/impactful shots all game.. so even if a guy has like 7 points, each point was a back-breaker that occurred after a tough session defending ball movement..

But again, you're saying that Lebron lost by.... Westbrooking/Harden-ball and making every play??.... Not moving to he ball???... You're surprised he lost that way, i.e...you didn't expect it?...

After 17 years, including:

- losses to 3 different Finals teams
    - record blowouts to 2 different teams
    - sweeps to 2 different teams
    - losses as the favorite to 3 different teams
    - 6 losses with 1 or 2 seeds
    - 3 losses with multiple HOF teammates
    - virtually zero #1 offenses

it's clear that Lebron-ball/Harden-ball/Westbrooking isn't winning basketball, and SVG taught us that by upsetting Lebron's heavily-favored 1 seed

NBA sixth man of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

You bet on Love winning MVP last year

You literally have zero credibility around here kid