Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

Default Re: Social distancing isn't required for me, I never leave my room anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by red1 View Post
    this is a great list.

Damn that's way better than I excected from Broussard. Don't agree with it, but it's better than most lists I see.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: Social distancing isn't required for me, I never leave my room anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Slayer View Post

If it is truly ¨easy to beat¨ then why his inferior brand rewarded LeBron with 8 straight Finals run and 3 titles? Your 1st quote makes no sense. Plus, all of his Finals losses contain teams that were garbage on defense. Ex. 2016-17 Cavaliers and 2017-18 Cavaliers finshed 21st and 29th in defense respectively. No championship wins with that defense. You need a team that can do well in offense and defense. You dont get it.

When did he start the Finals streak?.. before or after team-hopping?

team-hopping is how he started the Finals streak - aka he formed a strong team in a conference that didn't require a strong team to win it (many guys were winning with weak casts, aka Dwight, AI, Kidd, Lebron)

So his 8 conference finals in a row mean nothing and you're giving props to a fraud and someone that cheated/stacked the deck in plain view.. no offense, but that's dumb as shit.. good thing the Finals exposed him

And the Cavs had good defensive personnel but Lebron had become one of the worst defenders in the game, which trickled-down.. again, you stan literally the biggest fraud in history.. #2 all-time? Preposterous

Kobe was losing in the Finals until he got Gasol in 2008 and won 1 year later . Historically, teams that won titles are also the most stacked. Your 2nd quote makes no sense to me. The 2008 Celtics won in their 1st year of teaming up also. Its a non-point...

Getting Gasol didn't give Kobe the best roster like Lebron's "decision" did.. No one expected "not 6, not 7" from Gasol..

Yet Kobe dominated and swept the same Spurs in 08' that locked Lebron down in 07' - and he only needed 1 star teammate to beat the Spurs, while Lebron needed 2 stars in 13' and luck to win.. Lebron averaged 25 on 45% compared to Kobe's 29 on 53%.

Kobe simply played much better against the Spurs and needed much less to beat them

The Spurs postseason efficiency was higher than MJs best Finals opponent. What part dont you get?
    Lebron's ball-domination let the Spurs' defense rest, so they had more capacity for offense - how is it you don't understand the attrition battle that occurs in every basketball game?

The Spurs only went off on the Heat because the Heat made them work the least
    Last edited by 3ball; 04-10-2020 at 08:52 AM.

Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron doesn't take contested jumpers

3ball, tell us about the good ol' days when you played with Raja Bell at FIU.

Quote Originally Posted by fourkicks44 View Post
    3ball, tell us about the good ol' days when you played with Raja Bell at FIU.
    Raj is a tough guy - very sensitive to others slighting him in any way (not because he was insecure but because he was smart and saw thru bullshit), so he would start fights and was the alpha dog of the team.

Him throwing Kobe down like that wasn't a surprise at all.. Infact, I was waiting for something to happen (that was back when basketball was good and competitive and shit popped off all the time)

But I also saw him at a low point. When we played North Carolina in the Dean Dome, it was a massive opportunity for him and Carlos to get national recognition and the game was on Fox Sports Net... He bombed.. Had the worst game of the year. (otoh, Carlos ate Ed Cota alive).. After the game, a teammate and myself came back out of the locker room and walked onto the court to look at the jerseys hanging in the rafters (MJ,Worthy, Perkins, etc).. We saw tough guy Raj crying in his parents arms, apparently thinking he'd blown his shot at the league.

Never give up apparently is the lesson
    Last edited by 3ball; 04-10-2020 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post
    Raj is a tough guy - very sensitive to others slighting him in any way (not because he was insecure but because he was smart and saw thru bullshit), so he would start fights and was the alpha dog of the team.

Him throwing Kobe down like that wasn't a surprise at all.. Infact, I was waiting for something to happen (that was back when basketball was good and competitive and shit popped off all the time)

But I also saw him at a low point. When we played North Carolina in the Dean Dome, it was a massive opportunity for him and Carlos to get national recognition and the game was on Fox Sports Net... He bombed.. Had the worst game of the year. (otoh, Carlos ate Ed Cota alive).. After the game, a teammate and myself walked out onto the court to look at the jerseys hanging in the rafters (MJ,Worthy, Perkins, etc) and we saw tough guy Raj crying in his parents arms, apparently thinking he'd blown his shot at the league.

F(cking good ol 3ball. Just when I thought you were done and irrelevant on this message board you share this little gem

I'm looking for the box score right now, you crazy ol cat.

5 stars!

But I also saw him at a low point. When we played North Carolina in the Dean Dome, it was a massive opportunity for him and Carlos to get national recognition and the game was on Fox Sports Net... He bombed.. Had the worst game of the year. (otoh, Carlos ate Ed Cota alive).. After the game, a teammate and myself came back out of the locker room and walked onto the court to look at the jerseys hanging in the rafters (MJ,Worthy, Perkins, etc).. We saw tough guy Raj crying in his parents arms, apparently thinking he'd blown his shot at the league.

Mon, Nov 16, 1998

3ball is always talking about team hopping and so-called stacked teams

meanwhile jordan went 1-9 without pippen

and the bulls won 55-games without mike playing a single second:

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../CHI/1994.html

did they even need that guy? I think they could've won a championship without him if they kept trying.

the bulls winning 72-games in 96 - jordan didn't even add 20 wins. they already won 50+ games without him.

jordan never beat a 70-win team.

mike's stacked bulls ganged up on the jazz and sonics who weren't nearly as stacked as his team.

go look at the overall talent level of the teams that mike beat in the finals. it takes a lot of the sheen off of the six rings. the teams weren't nearly as stacked as the bulls.

especially considering pippen is the greatest sidekick of all time.

team-hopping is how he started the Finals streak - aka he formed a strong team in a conference that didn't require a strong team to win it (many guys were winning with weak casts, aka Dwight, AI, Kidd, Lebron)

So his 8 conference finals in a row mean nothing and you're giving props to a fraud and someone that cheated/stacked the deck in plain view.. no offense, but that's dumb as shit.. good thing the Finals exposed him

And the Cavs had good defensive personnel but Lebron had become one of the worst defenders in the game, which trickled-down.. again, you stan literally the biggest fraud in history.. #2 all-time? Preposterous

Getting Gasol didn't give Kobe the best roster like Lebron's "decision" did.. No one expected "not 6, not 7" from Gasol..

Yet Kobe dominated and swept the same Spurs in 08' that locked Lebron down in 07' - and he only needed 1 star teammate to beat the Spurs, while Lebron needed 2 stars in 13' and luck to win.. Lebron averaged 25 on 45% compared to Kobe's 29 on 53%.

Kobe simply played much better against the Spurs and needed much less to beat them

Lebron's ball-domination let the Spurs' defense rest, so they had more capacity for offense - how is it you don't understand the attrition battle that occurs in every basketball game?

how come you cant admit when you are wrong? stop peddling your shitty theories dude. you already got proven wrong 3 times.

"buh buh buh ray allen" and "buh buh kyrie" are very weak arguments.

just deal with it bitch. more rings than kg barkley and dirk combined. you tried to say he wouldnt even retire top-15, had all of those guys over him and your only argument was "rings as the man hurr durr stacked team doesnt count" - fuck outta here bitch suck these nuts, you lose I win.

"buh buh kyrie"

Getting Gasol didn't give Kobe the best roster
    st roster like Lebron's "decision" did.. No one expected "not 6, not 7" from Gasol..

1. Narratives are irrelevant. ¨Team hopping¨ are irrelevant to what happens on-court. So most titles are irrelevant? I take that your criteria is flawed.

The Kyrie and Love pairing is overrated. Yes they were good offensively but they didnt match defensively. Stop lying. The Cavs were ranked 18th, 10th, 21st, and 29th in defense in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. My point nullifies your point about the Cavs being good in defense as a team so your point fails... Try again.

It may work on some posters dumber than me but I know everything.

2. Answer my question. What supporting cast were better than Kobe´s in 09 and 10?

Yes it did! Having Gasol boosted the Lakers tremendously. They ranked 2nd, 3rd and 5th in SRS and were one of the best offensive and defensive teams in those years...

You are setting arbitary definitions.

So your point fails once again. Try again.

3. Kobe dominated the Spurs b/c he had a better cast than LeBrons what part dont you get?

SAME POST 3. LeBron didnt dominate the Spurs in 2007 compared to Kobe b/c he had a inferior supporting cast.

The 2007 Cavs team in the team gave up 104 Ortg to the Spurs and their offense and defense were inferior to the Spurs in 2007.
    Last edited by Turbo Slayer; 04-10-2020 at 12:31 PM.

1. Narratives are irrelevant. ¨Team hopping¨ are irrelevant to what happens on-court. So most titles are irrelevant? I take that your criteria is flawed.

The Kyrie and Love pairing is overrated. Yes they were good offensively but they didnt match defensively. Stop lying. The Cavs were ranked 18th, 10th, 21st, and 29th in defense in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. My point nullifies your point about the Cavs being good in defense as a team so your point fails... Try again.

It may work on some posters dumber than me but I know everything.

2. Answer my question. What supporting cast were better than Kobe´s in 09 and 10?

Yes it did! Having Gasol boosted the Lakers tremendously. They ranked 2nd, 3rd and 5th in SRS and were one of the best offensive and defensive teams in those years...

You are setting arbitary definitions.

So your point fails once again. Try again.

3. Kobe dominated the Spurs b/c he had a better cast than LeBrons what part dont you get?
    So you're calling the historical record a "narrative" now?

Lebron's 8 Finals happened after he formed a strong team in a conference that didn't require a strong team to win it - there were no weak teams winning the West - only the East, yet Lebron formed a strong team/stacked the deck in a weak conference.. aka cheated in plain view yet you respect him

Secondly...... MJ lit that fire and set an example defensively, which galvanized weak athletes like Kerr, Paxson, Wennington and Kukoc to play good defense.. Otoh, Lebron can't get superior athletes like Shumpert, George Hill, Crowder, Jeff Green, JR Smith, or Hood to play good defense because he himself is a matador.

Specifically, Lebron had superior rim protection, more defensive rebounders, and more athletic guards, yet he couldn't get this group of superior athletes to play good defense.. you'll claim that MJ had all-defender teammates (Pippen, Grant), but Lebron had more (Hughes, Varejao, Battier, Wade), along with more rim protection, more athletic guards and more defensive rebounders.

So MJ was a superior leader on both ends

Finally, Kobe had an equal or worse roster than the 2010 Celtics, 2008 Spurs, and 2008 Celtics... More importantly, Lebron never had a worse roster than anyone, except maybe 2007, 2015, and 2018 Finals.

The problem with you is that you never consider defense. The Heat were torched b/c of defense. Defense was the problem.
    Last edited by Turbo Slayer; 04-10-2020 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Spelling error.