Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: An unprecedented 25% of Americans are unemployed

Just to be clear, this great depression level of unemployment has nothing to do with the supposedly race based riots/looting that are currently taking place... and dont even attempt to look behind the curtain, citizen

Local High School Star

Nearly 43 million unemployed now, yet no one seems to care.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dreamshake View Post
    Nearly 43 million unemployed now, yet no one seems to care.
    why do you say no one cares?

Of the 155 million population of Americans in the work force, over 38 million are now unemployed. Unprecedented unemployment percentage in history.

But the stock market keeps going up though. When those earnings come in Q2 and they're way off, shits gonna hit the fan soon folks.

People think it's gonna be a smooth recovery, but they don't realize corporations aren't gonna hire these folks back with all the money and demand that's been lost.

The government is also taking it's damn time with these stimulus checks and unemployment checks which only adds fuel to the fire. Every day people are getting angrier, more frustrated and losing hope. So this is what a great depression feels like.

We're all ****ed basically. Just thought you should know.
    Maybe you're fuсked, but I'm not. I've actually done very well these last couple of months

Not all business is done face to face

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Trump is President, so I'm confident things will bounce back. Even with blue states trying their hardest to collapse the economy. Most of the jobs that were lost are still there you just have to open up everything.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by senelcoolidge View Post
    Trump is President, so I'm confident things will bounce back. Even with blue states trying their hardest to collapse the economy. Most of the jobs that were lost are still there you just have to open up everything.
    Nope. You gotta be a fool to think most jobs will return immediately. It’s gonna take years just like it has in the past.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan View Post
    why do you say no one cares?
    The stock market keeps going up and up like this is gonna be fixed in six months. It’s not.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

The stock market keeps going up and up like this is gonna be fixed in six months. It’s not.
    so when you say "no one" cares you just mean "some people dont care"?

Quote Originally Posted by senelcoolidge View Post
    Most of these numbers are faked.

Uber drivers claiming unemployment. I know a whole office where the employees are getting unemployment and wants to remain on it since it pays more than going back to work. They made a deal with the boss to work for free or under the table to collect the unemployment. When the free $600 is over, everyone will return.

I know this guy who owns a yogurt shop with his 2 brothers. The County opened up already, but he doesn't want to go back to reopening the shop because he gets more in unemployment. The staff that he canned, who was making minimum wage, is collecting unemployment because it pays more.

The only real bar to opening are the restaurants since the government stopped people from going in. If the government fully opened up, the restaurants will reemploy people and no more benefits to them. The number on unemployment will drop drastically. Same when the government stops giving out free extra money. As long as the free money is less than minimum wage, the numbers will drop.