Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Default Re: Can we please just split the country in two?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    Yes. Segregation from Liberals. They're insane.
    What's a liberal to you, Chew?

Yes. Segregation from Liberals. They're insane.
    Every fukking 4 years the losing side starts bitching and whining about stupidly splitting the country into left/right political views sides...the OP is a known Trump supporter, really telling he's whining so early about splitting the country...he could clearly see Trump's defeat this far off and you can't blame him, Trump has proven to be an incompetant jackass.

To think that despite all the shit I talk about Trump, I considered voting for him based on the fact he is anti-abortion and he hasn't gotten us into another stupid war but holy shit, his managing (or lack of) the pandemic and his lack of leadership and refusal to at least pretend to try to unite the country these last few weeks have made me (and millions more) actively oppose his re-election.

Biden sucks but Trump is worse...way worse.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    To think that despite all the shit I talk about Trump, I considered voting for him based on the fact he is anti-abortion and he hasn't gotten us into another stupid war but holy shit, his managing (or lack of) the pandemic and his lack of leadership and refusal to at least pretend to try to unite the country these last few weeks have made me (and millions more) actively oppose his re-election.

Biden sucks but Trump is worse...way worse.
    This is exactly where I'm at. It was a great night when Trump one (due to the alternative) and I was willing to give him a chance but even in 2015 I told my family that a Trump administration would scar this country psychologically with more hate and division but I had no idea how much worse it would be than I imagined.

It sucks beacuse this time, the alternative is some liver-spotted geriatric who doesn't know what day it is. All the money in this country - the resources, the education, the available platforms to be heard... and this is the best we got. I never even considered one day moving out of America but it has crossed my mind in the past month.

Trump is a disaster and although I recognize some of the good things his administration has gotten done, the net result is pretty awful considering the damage it has imposed on the general public, either intended or a result of the dumbass media.

I will say I do not want another 4 years of Trump. This whole year has shown me that the Trumps administration has been a big factor in setting us back. Whether a political tactic or just being a pure dumbass, the tweets, exaggerations, and tone deaf statements have me ready to boot this loudmouth out of office.

Trump nor Biden will be getting my presidential vote. What a farce. Americans are dumb and fall for the red-blue gang shit like a bunch of ignoramuses. Hook, Line and Sinker

Quote Originally Posted by ROCSteady View Post
    Trump is a disaster and although I recognize some of the good things his administration has gotten done, the net result is pretty awful considering the damage it has imposed on the general public, either intended or a result of the dumbass media.
    So whether it's Trump's fault or whether it's the media's fault... it's Trump's fault? Got it. That statement is so incredibly dumb that it physically pains me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post
    So whether it's Trump's fault or whether it's the media's fault... it's Trump's fault? Got it. That statement is so incredibly dumb that it physically pains me.
    Curtains going down on your hero, Chew. Maybe Trump will start a stand-up comedy tour after he loses.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorP View Post
    Curtains going down on your hero, Chew. Maybe Trump will start a stand-up comedy tour after he loses.
    What the actual **** are you talking about?

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

He's bipolar.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/29/polit...rns/index.html

love Burn AFter Reading. Such a good movie!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

He's bipolar.
    you're an old fart

Quote Originally Posted by ROCSteady View Post
    This is exactly where I'm at. It was a great night when Trump one (due to the alternative) and I was willing to give him a chance but even in 2015 I told my family that a Trump administration would scar this country psychologically with more hate and division but I had no idea how much worse it would be than I imagined.

It sucks beacuse this time, the alternative is some liver-spotted geriatric who doesn't know what day it is. All the money in this country - the resources, the education, the available platforms to be heard... and this is the best we got. I never even considered one day moving out of America but it has crossed my mind in the past month.

I will say I do not want another 4 years of Trump. This whole year has shown me that the Trumps administration has been a big factor in setting us back. Whether a political tactic or just being a pure dumbass, the tweets, exaggerations, and tone deaf statements have me ready to boot this loudmouth out of office.

Trump nor Biden will be getting my presidential vote. What a farce. Americans are dumb and fall for the red-blue gang shit like a bunch of ignoramuses. Hook, Line and Sinker

Heres the thing.

Are “tweets and demeanor” the only thing most people really understand?

Yes.

So, will that influence their perceptions and proclivities far more than concrete policy ideas and philosophy, particularly complicated policy concepts where theres no clear cut right or wrong, good or bad?

Absolutely.

People know which words are okay for mr president to use and which words are bad words that teacher told us not to say. People dont know whether the federal reserve chairman nominated by the President has a compatible philosophy for current market conditions. They dont know if an executive order is balanced appropriately with the 10th amendment. How many amendments can the typical person name? Two?

If you have no context for judging a president on important things, of course it comes down to “I dont like the tone of voice he used when he said that speech.” Thats the level the masses are on and theyve always been on.

If you can speak in detail about the policy reasons you believe someone is a bad fit for president, and why someone else would be preferable.. thats fine.

If youre resorting to “Hes a meanie and I dont like his words, his twitterings arent presidential, hes too divisive!!!!”

It probably just means you dont understand any of the more important stuff.

And the fact that millions of people are in the same boat, is a far bigger problem to the country than any one man in the White House could present.

But thats the dirty little secret nobody wants to admit.

So on one side you have America and the other you have....OP and Chapo Trap House?

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorP View Post

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri View Post
    So on one side you have America and the other you have....OP and Chapo Trap House?