Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Kawhi surpassed LeBron

Very astute observation OP

Averaging 1.4 ppg RealSkipBayless's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    Absolutely he is ..your saying that cause he is out of sight out of mind but Lebron was better in finals against warriors last year. Better numbers and without KD would of averaged 35,12,10 in this years finals if u swapped him with Kahwi
    [/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
    Except i was there when it happened and as his career ended it was nothing like the ghost story you see smeared on the walls of ISH by people who weren't exactly old enough to process the shit when it happened. I considered him goat at that moment and many others did as well. But guys who thought Wilt or Russell was goat at that moment still feel that way today, same for Kareem etc. What time did for Mj was airbrush any warts from his career, which amazingly works that way for everyone.
    So you say. It sounds to me as though you weren't even alive when he retired from the Bulls. He was already heralded as the greatest ever (the "ghost story) by the 93 playoffs, as multiple people have pointed out. And nobody who was watching back then would be confused about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    So you say. It sounds to me as though you weren't even alive when he retired from the Bulls. He was already heralded as the greatest ever (the "ghost story) by the 93 playoffs, as multiple people have pointed out. And nobody who was watching back then would be confused about this.
    You seem confused, no place in my post did i say he wasn't considered goat by many. He actually got goat talk immediately after winning his 1st title, it's the whole reason the 6 rings slant is crap. The ghost story i refer to is the whole had no flaw line of thinking. He was flawed like any player, times have changed and we focus just as much on flaw as greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
    You seem confused, no place in my post did i say he wasn't considered goat by many. He actually got goat talk immediately after winning his 1st title, it's the whole reason the 6 rings slant is crap. The ghost story i refer to is the whole had no flaw line of thinking. He was flawed like any player, times have changed and we focus just as much on flaw as greatness.
    Ofcourse he was. Every player is. That's hyperbole from stans. But that exists at all times. Hardcore stans of current players similarly pretend that they're favourites are flawless. One specific player comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    Ofcourse he was. Every player is. That's hyperbole from stans. But that exists at all times. Hardcore stans of current players similarly pretend that they're favourites are flawless. One specific player comes to mind.
    No need to beat around the bush, but I'm 99.9% certain they are reacting the same way I and any Mj fanatic would have if anyone was hating on MJ's every breath the way guys do now in his heyday. Everyone wants to drop a hot take and it's to the point of stupidity in most cases. Other than that i sorta agree with your post.

In load management. Don't ever compared LeBron to Kawhi ever again.

In losing 3-1 leads and having WOAT Game 7's