View Poll Results: Is Luke a narcissist or did Nelly/Carlisle need to go?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Narcissist

5 50.00%
  • Need to go

5 50.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Is Luka a narcissist or was it necessary that Carlisle and Nelly left?

Quote Originally Posted by coastalmarker99 View Post
    Almost every great player in NBA history is a massive narcissist.

Kobe was a massive narcissist that was accused of raping women and then he did the Black Mamba BS afterwards to distance himself from the case.

Jordan had a massive gambling problem and was known to fight with his teammates.

Magic got his coach fired and he was also accused of being gay on the side which lead to him getting HIV.

Bird refuses to even acknowledge his daughter Corrie Bird despite her wanting to get into contact with him.

Lebron is a massive narcissist that backstabs his teammates and throws them under the bus when things don't go his way.

Tom Heinsohn felt that Russell resented him because the former was named the 1957 NBA Rookie of the Year

Russell also ignored Heinsohn's request for an autograph on behalf of his cousin and openly said to Heinsohn that he deserved half of his $300 Rookie of the Year check.
    This is true in general. Most extremely success people in any field have huge egos and driven to be the best. They are a little off.

Good college starter

Default Re: Is Luka a narcissist or was it necessary that Carlisle and Nelly left?

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival View Post
    This is true in general. Most extremely success people in any field have huge egos and driven to be the best. They are a little off.

Wilt is a rare case in NBA history as after I talked with his sister Barbara Lewis.

She honestly said that Wilt if he could have done his life again would have stayed with the Globetrotters or gone to Europe instead of playing in the NBA or he would have done track and field which was the sport he loved the most in his life.

Wilt was a deeply insecure person who suffered from a serious case of goliath complex for most of his life because if he wins everybody says, 'Well, look at him, he's that big.' If he loses then, everybody says, 'How could he lose, a guy that size?

In fact, Chamberlain frequently joined the Globetrotters in the off-season and fondly recalled his time there before he died because he was no longer jeered at or asked to break records, but just one of several artists who loved to entertain the crowd
    Last edited by coastalmarker99; 06-17-2021 at 10:10 PM.

National High School Star

I don't think it was a coach/GM problem... I just don't. The Mavs had a 7foot3 sized hole in their offense... If you fill that MASSIVE HOLE with an 18/8reb player who gets those stats in that series... The Mavs win.

Local High School Star baudkarma's Avatar

The only player in the top ten of all-time.

That isn't a complete narcissist is Tim Duncan and that is the key reason the Spurs were so successful for over 20 years before they then collapsed once Duncan retired.
    Dirk seems pretty down-to-earth from the stories I've read and the interviews I've listened to. Maybe he's not top 10, but he's not too far away.

I think Carlisle probably had to go. Don't get me wrong, he's a great coach. But he is by no means a "players coach". He's had run-ins with some pretty good players... Rondo and Odom spring immediately to mind. I suspect that he is a big part of the reason that the Mavs can never seem to attract any of the premier free agents. Word has probably gotten out among the players that you shouldn't play for Carlisle unless you have no other options.

Luka got a new name on reddit

Luka PrimaDoncic

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

He cheated on his pregnant wife which along with the stress of the rape case against him caused her to have a miscarriage.

Kobe was an utter narcissist and there are countless stories of him being a horrible teammate and being a nightmare to deal with on and off the court.
    There are a ton of stories of Kobe motivating and teaching people in practice. He fought with shaq because shaq was notoriously lazy, but almost every other teammate and young player he mentored loved him. Kobe wasn't as viciously cruel and mean as MJ.

And that case was bullshit. That woman was sticking him for his paper.

He's young with a bigass ego. With what athletes make now, most of them are.

Thing is Luka's a competitor just like Dirk was. More outspoken and flamboyant, ya. But shit like 'sociopathy' and 'narcissism' are thrown out too casually.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Luka is annoying, but I'd still take him on the Knicks.