Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: BREAKING: SCOTUS blocks Biden's vaccine mandate

Ah, you asked me a question? I skip over blocked posts.

To answer it.. Here is the opening line to the US constitution:

"We the People of the United States in order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquillity, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this CONSTITUTION for the United States of America."
    Welfare: the health, happiness, and fortunes of a person or group.

Public health, such as vaccine funding to promote health, absolutely falls into general welfare, as does the ability to tax, ability to maintain infrastructure, ability to oversee agriculture, social security, medicare, health/military research, etc. It would be considered for the national welfare of the people. As long as it does not impede on the rights afforded to state governments and private businesses.
    Last edited by bladefd; 01-20-2022 at 03:43 AM.

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Then why does Article 1, Section 8, list all the specifics regarding general Welfare?

@fultz. It sounds like the federal minimum wage law is constitutional because it "promotes the general Welfare." Maybe Biden can up it to $20/hr as long as it promotes the general Welfare, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness View Post
    And did the SCOTUS rule it constitutional for Biden to mandate the vaccine for certain healthcare workers? If so, where in the Constitution grants the federal gov't the authority to do that?
    And blade, are you also saying that Biden's vaccine mandate falls under the general Welfare clause for certain healthcare workers, but doesn't fall under the general Welfare clause for other workers?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Theyre purposely creating nursing shortages to push the "oVerWhElMing tHe hOsPiTaLs!" Every major site is shifting opinion though. I was on the Canada subreddit and even the vaxxed super left leaning liberals are calling bullshit and getting the most votes. Twitter and obviously youtube as well. They can't effectively censor if too many people call it out as being about money, power and control. Klaus said were going to have a cyber pandemic in the future where they shut the grid down purposely and swoop in with mandated solution. So I guess that's the next plan when this one falls apart.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Theyre purposely creating nursing shortages to push the "oVerWhElMing tHe hOsPiTaLs!" Every major site is shifting opinion though. I was on the Canada subreddit and even the vaxxed super left leaning liberals are calling bullshit and getting the most votes. Twitter and obviously youtube as well. They can't effectively censor if too many people call it out as being about money, power and control. Klaus said were going to have a cyber pandemic in the future where they shut the grid down purposely and swoop in with mandated solution. So I guess that's the next plan when this one falls apart.
    Those pushing this narrative crumble and disappear when questioned.

For example, baudkarma disappeared after a few questions here: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...1#post14367070

Loco 50 disappeared here: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...1#post14502460

This site is full of houdinis.

Good college starter Off the Court's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Theyre purposely creating nursing shortages.
    Over the entire country? How are they doing that exactly? Nurse wages are rising to try and attract more help.

Not everything is a global conspiracy to trick you and not every hospital is run by liberals. The reason they are quitting is because they are done treating morons like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Off the Court View Post
    Over the entire country? How are they doing that exactly? Nurse wages are rising to try and attract more help.

Not everything is a global conspiracy to trick you and not every hospital is run by liberals. The reason they are quitting is because they are done treating morons like you.
    How long has the US had a nursing shortage? I bet you can find articles from 20+ years ago talking about a nursing shortage and things the gov't is doing to alleviate it.

Thanks to Donald Trump's National State of Emergency / Trump's War on Covid-19 (which you are a huge supporter of), we've allocated $10+ trillion USD to fight the virus. Here are the results so far:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FJK14w7W...ng&name=medium

Last week we hit an all-time high in "Covid-19 hospitalizations" and we have staffed beds available has been steadily declining over the past year...

Still waiting for the cumulative number of infections prevented by NPIs so far...

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    Remember, even Obama was opposed to gay marriages, LGBT, etc. He changed on that years later, and I'm not so sure he really did. Maybe just publicly and not privately.

One of the advantages I have is that I'm not beholden to any religion. I am not religious and don't have the whole nonsense emotional aspect to mesh with like Obama or TheMan, other very religious people. In my experience, I have noticed religious people tend to hold some of these views, and they tend to stem from emotion much more so than ration or logic.
    I don't consider myself very religious, I go to mass every Sunday (try to at least), I don't even own a Bible. I just try to be a good person and I believe in God

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Off the Court View Post

I haven't seen a nurse since 2018. So they haven't been treating me at all. Vac injured on the other hand are being treated all around the world.

Nursing shortages all around the globe it seems. Governments have been cutting funding to health for the last decade, shocking who knew!

The icing on the cake, nurses fired for not getting the jab, nurses with Covid allowed back to work

You have to be a special kind of stupid (blade) to still believe any of the total bs Covid narrative.
    Wake up to yourself moron

The healthcare system and its shortcomings in the US is a web of shit and I'm not someone to listen to on the matter.

However, COVID aside, the biggest reason there are nursing shortages is because hospitals have increasingly become "for profit" above all else over the years. The job was extremely stressful in the U.S., even before COVID hysteria hit. Extremely. Annual budget cuts lead to dwindling staffing lead to burnouts lead to people quitting/shortages.

There's a ton of nuance here and a lot of intricacy that I'm not qualified to speak on in terms of seeking the root issue(s), but again, COVID aside, that's what's going on, generally speaking. When identifying systemic issues it's almost always not any 'one' thing, and I'm sure in this case it's not one thing you can point to specifically, either.

Then why does Article 1, Section 8, list all the specifics regarding general Welfare?

@fultz. It sounds like the federal minimum wage law is constitutional because it "promotes the general Welfare." Maybe Biden can up it to $20/hr as long as it promotes the general Welfare, no?

And blade, are you also saying that Biden's vaccine mandate falls under the general Welfare clause for certain healthcare workers, but doesn't fall under the general Welfare clause for other workers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    blade has a GED-level education at best. It's wishful thinking.
    He sounded like he knew; does anyone else on the forum know the answers to these questions?

He sounded like he knew; does anyone else on the forum know the answers to these questions?
    No other constitutional scholars on the forum besides bladefd (who seems to be lacking in his knowledge of the constitution atm)?

No other constitutional scholars on the forum besides bladefd (who seems to be lacking in his knowledge of the constitution atm)?
    Bump.