Default Black man shoots innocent girl and parents in his yard cause basketball rolled there

A 24-year-old North Carolina man is being sought for allegedly shooting a six-year-old girl about 7:45 p.m. Tuesday after her basketball rolled into his yard.

The man, Robert Louis Singletary, also allegedly shot the girl’s parents and another neighbor, ABC News reported.

The six-year-old and her mother and father were all wounded in the incident. Her father’s wounds are critical, as he did his best to protect his daughter during the attack, the New York Post noted. He apparently tried to get Singletary to shoot at him instead of at his daughter.

Neighbors claimed Singletary grew irate when a basketball rolled into his yard. He went down the street and allegedly shot at a neighbor, then returned to allegedly shoot the six-year-old and her parents.

Neighbors believe Singletary shot until his gun was empty.

WBTV observed that the manhunt for Singletary was still underway as of Thursday morning.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CrQ0YI_s69U/

Will MSM talk about it? I think the narrative is another one.

Good college starter Off the Court's Avatar

Default Re: Black man shoots innocent girl and parents in his yard cause basketball rolled th

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/20/us/ne...ary/index.html
    CNN

https://abcnews.go.com/US/6-year-par...ry?id=98717589
    ABC

https://nypost.com/2023/04/20/robert...and-nc-family/
    New York Post

All over MSM from what I can see. But like I said in the other thread, we already know that media is biased, that is beating a dead horse. All that matters is justice being served. In both shootings it looks like justice will prevail assuming shooter is caught. It's time to stop caring about what MSM does or doesn't say.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Default Re: Black man shoots innocent girl and parents in his yard cause basketball rolled th

Quote Originally Posted by Off the Court View Post
    It's time to stop caring about what MSM does or doesn't say.

Really good advice. It skews your perspective badly and somehow you end up miles away from where you started out often looking like some kind of caricature.

Several neighbors at the scene told CNN that Singletary had moved into his house a few weeks ago and since then had often yelled at kids for being in his yard.

They described him as acting like he “hated children” in the neighborhood, often angry about them playing in and running through his yard, and he had several issues with kids and their parents.

I dunno, those parents could've taken more precautions imo. Instead they went with, "Oh you don't like our kids running through your yard? That's too bad, ain't nothin you can do about it."

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Off the Court View Post
    It's time to stop caring about what MSM does or doesn't say.
    How convenient after all these years of the media demonizing Trump and his supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine View Post
    Several neighbors at the scene told CNN that Singletary had moved into his house a few weeks ago and since then had often yelled at kids for being in his yard.

They described him as acting like he “hated children” in the neighborhood, often angry about them playing in and running through his yard, and he had several issues with kids and their parents.

I dunno, those parents could've taken more precautions imo. Instead they went with, "Oh you don't like our kids running through your yard? That's too bad, ain't nothin you can do about it."
    Yep, this one’s definitely on the parents. They should’ve known that retrieving a basketball would’ve resulted in them and their child being shot. It’s common sense really.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    Yep, this one’s definitely on the parents. They should’ve known that retrieving a basketball would’ve resulted in them and their child being shot. It’s common sense really.
    I think you might've misunderstood.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine View Post
    I think you might've misunderstood.
    No, I was agreeing with you. They should have known their 6 year old was at serious risk of being shot by retrieving her basketball from a yard. When I used to get my baseball from the neighbors yard it'd turn into a scene out of Die Hard. I think it showed a lot of negligence on the parents behalf, they went with, as you said, the arrogant stance of "Oh you don't like our kids running through your yard? That's too bad, ain't nothin you can do about it."

Super Handsome East River Livn''s Avatar

We're literally hunted EVERYTIME we step foot outside the comfort of our homes!

Actually I don't care one way or the other about stuff like this. Just taking the chance point out the Chosen One is a drama queen

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    No, I was agreeing with you. They should have known their 6 year old was at serious risk of being shot by retrieving her basketball from a yard. When I used to get my baseball from the neighbors yard it'd turn into a scene out of Die Hard. I think it showed a lot of negligence on the parents behalf, they went with, as you said, the arrogant stance of "Oh you don't like our kids running through your yard? That's too bad, ain't nothin you can do about it."
    Well glad you agree but I think you might've misunderstood.

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

According to Poopsie, the most important thing about these shootings is media coverage.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Robert is an avid supporter of Trump ....

He tried to shoot the ball , and hit the kid.

He blamed it on poopsie because his actions are distorted