Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: I don't think Cuban can fix the MAVS

Quote Originally Posted by Full Court View Post
    If I were running the Mavs, I'd look to launch both Kyrie and Luka. You're not winning anything with those two.
    As opposed to all the winning they were doing before Luka joined.

Local High School Star

It's not about a supporting cast. Jokic did it with 2nd best player being Jamal Murray. Giannis did it with freaking khris middleton.

Doncic needs to get in shape, play better defense, learn team offense and make his teammates better, and be more mature (stop getting emotional all the time).

In short, he lacks what it takes to be one of the greats. At present. You can keep changing the personnel from Bruson, to Kyrie, to whomever, it won't matter. He's had decent help. Dallas fans can't seem to bring themselves around to recognize the deficiencies in Doncics' game.

Quote Originally Posted by bdonovan View Post
    It's not about a supporting cast. Jokic did it with 2nd best player being Jamal Murray. Giannis did it with freaking khris middleton.

Doncic needs to get in shape, play better defense, learn team offense and make his teammates better, and be more mature (stop getting emotional all the time).

In short, he lacks what it takes to be one of the greats. At present. You can keep changing the personnel from Bruson, to Kyrie, to whomever, it won't matter. He's had decent help. Dallas fans can't seem to bring themselves around to recognize the deficiencies in Doncics' game.
    His team defense has actually gotten pretty good, similar to Jokic, but he’s never gonna be a great man defender because he cant change his wing span or his foot speed.

The rest is true, and despite all those flaws he HAS nevertheless been a dominant playoff performer and has reached a conference finals with a cast that was certainly solid, but far from ideal.

He needs to improve some things, and the team needs to improve. There is no player that wins a championship with that supporting cast besides Lebron. But Luka does need to work on some of the intangibles, theres no question about that.