Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: Patrick Ewing might have had the worst finals ever for a first option in 1994

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    It's actually kinda crazy the Knicks were up 3-2 in that series with two shots to close it out.

I can't. I just cant.

Default Re: Patrick Ewing might have had the worst finals ever for a first option in 1994

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Knicks didn't win with their offense, they won with their defense. Of which Ewing was the linchpin. He had a bad offensive series but was still Ben Wallace for the other half of the game.
    A 39.0 TS% isn’t defensible when you’re the first option and relied upon to put up big numbers. That’s impossibly bad. And they did rely on Ewing to give them an efficient 24-25 and he didn’t come anywhere close in the finals.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jstern View Post
    This is clearly a troll thread, created due to RRR3's hatred of Patrick Chewing.
    I’m not gonna lie I got a pretty big kick out of RRR3’s desperate failed attempt at building context when he realized his same standards could be held to LBJ.

Bron stans always have the best backfires

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    A 39.0 TS% isn’t defensible when you’re the first option and relied upon to put up big numbers. That’s impossibly bad. And they did rely on Ewing to give them an efficient 24-25 and he didn’t come anywhere close in the finals.
    As others have said it's possible he was hurt. Guys back then didn't show weakness or sit out. Either way the guy was a warrior, and not somebody you'd want to step in the paint with. It's remarkable to me how Riley went from showtime Lakers all about offense to those gritty Knicks teams. Ewing was the cornerstone though and 1 shot away from champion.

NBA rookie of the year

It does look like Ewing had surgery on his knee a couple of weeks after the NBA Finals:

https://www.nytimes.com/1994/07/07/s...e-surgery.html

So it's likely he was play injured in the Finals.

He got iced by OJ.

3-time NBA All-Star

It’s pretty easily Lebron’s 2011 finals. Forget the numbers. That type of disappearing act disrupts chemistry and kills a team confidence. You didn’t question Ewing’s effort, who shot badly in what was a drag-out defense oriented series overall where he was guarded by literally arguably the greatest defender ever at his peak

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    It's actually kinda crazy the Knicks were up 3-2 in that series with two shots to close it out. Seemed like after that OJ chase the momentum flipped to the Rockets lol.
    Tell me about it. I remember DURING the finals, NBC switched the game to the chase and both me and my dad were pissed lol.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Starks wanted that ring then and there. He’d hit 5 threes in a time people didn’t hit 5 threes. Hakeem doesn’t block it he’s finals MVP and the mayor of New York. And you never even see that play in highlights. I admit “Blocked by James!” was a more spectacular play and in game 7 but that should be right there as the most famous of defensive plays ever. And almost nobody even knows it happened.
    This^. Hakeem was THAT guy. The GOAT that no one except me acknowledges, simply because he didn't have the luxury that everyone else had. Hakeem was just a phenomenal defensive player, the greatest to ever do it.

This was a tough time in my life

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99 View Post
    This was a tough time in my life
    For some reason I thought you were way younger

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    For some reason I thought you were way younger
    I look and act a lot younger than I am it helps that I don't drink or smoke. I'm the fun uncle

I was young watching this finals, thought they would eventually get a chip and I would bust the biggest nut to it but haven't even been close to even getting blue balled

College star

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99 View Post
    I look and act a lot younger than I am it helps that I don't drink or smoke. I'm the fun uncle

I was young watching this finals, thought they would eventually get a chip and I would bust the biggest nut to it but haven't even been close to even getting blue balled
    Same here. That loss was crushing and we just couldn't overcome the hurdles as each year went by. Ewing's wrist injury certainly didn't help. I felt like if we had made a serious run in '98, then 1997 was that year. But then the bench brawl with Miami happened with all the suspensions and the rest is history. Smh.

Local High School Star Goldrush25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    if you are excusing lebron for a poor finals because of him being 22 years old then what do you say about his win vs 22 and 23 year old westbrook and KD?

and I don’t see the difference really between 39 and 42 percent TS when you also account for league TS, the gap becomes so minimal. Both fall into the same category of epic choke jobs
    everyone says OKC gets a pass for that because they were babies, so don't know what you mean. 2007 was a legit win for SAS and 2012 was a legit win for the heat

And for 2007, the loss is excusable primarily because the Cavs consisted of Lebron and a bunch of make-a-wish kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrush25 View Post
    everyone says OKC gets a pass for that because they were babies, so don't know what you mean. 2007 was a legit win for SAS and 2012 was a legit win for the heat

And for 2007, the loss is excusable primarily because the Cavs consisted of Lebron and a bunch of make-a-wish kids.
    He’s a troll there’s a reason he’s being ignored.