Thumbs up Should the league celebrate LeGOAT by allowing players to change teams for 1 year?

Without any contract fuss or whatever? Just one year of mixing up a few guys.

Like for instance put Halliburton and Edwards in a back court, with Jokic and Gordon up front, and then have Lebron play the 3?

Just to have some fun in Lebron’s finals years, so we can see him play on an exciting team with some good players, which we never really got to see him do. Besides, that team does have flaws. I wouldnt call them “stacked.” The competition would be valid and any rings or whatever would definitely count.

But I just think you make an exception like this for your GOAT icon, for the sake of the fans. We wanna see him play on a fun team. The end of his legendary career is coming, lets celebrate it with something unique and special.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Default Re: Should the league celebrate LeGOAT by allowing players to change teams for 1 year

I have another idea.

You let LeBron play on 8 different teams of his choosing throughout the season, playing as many games on each team as he prefers. By the time the playoffs start, he has to narrow it down to two teams. If he hops in the postseason, he needs to switch conferences. He may or may not win a ring this way, but it'd be interesting to see.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Default Re: Should the league celebrate LeGOAT by allowing players to change teams for 1 year

We should just let Lebron go to the team that beats him every round. He’s earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale View Post
    I have another idea.

You let LeBron play on 8 different teams of his choosing throughout the season, playing as many games on each team as he prefers. By the time the playoffs start, he has to narrow it down to two teams. If he hops in the postseason, he needs to switch conferences. He may or may not win a ring this way, but it'd be interesting to see.
    I feel like you were trying to be not serious with this idea, even though it happens to be a good one.

And again I wanna stress this has nothing to do with Lebron needing "more help" in any way (not that he's ever gotten any to begin with). It'd just be a fun thing for the fans to enjoy seeing him play with different guys. It's a celebration of basketball and its greatest icon.

It's not about the results, altho again I would absolutely consider any achievements earned under this scenario to be valid.

I think they should allow a "special veteran status" for any player over 39 to sign unlimited 10-day contracts since October (not late January or whenever it is now) so that LeBron can suit up for every team in the league for a few games. They should also create an alteration with the salary schedule and add a 20- year tier. Right now it maxes out at $183k for 10 years experience, but the 20 year tier would pay out at $1M with no cap hit to the team.

This way fans of all 30 teams will be able to buy a LeBron jersey and see him suit up for a home game with their team. Additionally, since he would play at least 1 regular season game for every team in the league he would technically qualify for a ring with the eventual NBA Finals winner regardless of who wins because he LeContributed.

He would also maintain his playoff eligibility to sign with whatever team he wants as well.

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    I feel like you were trying to be not serious with this idea, even though it happens to be a good one.

And again I wanna stress this has nothing to do with Lebron needing "more help" in any way (not that he's ever gotten any to begin with). It'd just be a fun thing for the fans to enjoy seeing him play with different guys. It's a celebration of basketball and its greatest icon.

It's not about the results, altho again I would absolutely consider any achievements earned under this scenario to be valid.
    You’re presuming that other players would want to play with him. Maybe so for the ones represented by his agency, but the rest of the league?

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post

I was serious in the sense that I think it's a more adequate celebration than the one in the OP. On the one hand it describes the player better and on the other it creates greater opportunities and more drama.

How much does Klutch Sports pay you to come here and spew this crap?