View Poll Results: Who is better? (votes are public too.....so know that)

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Magic

9 47.37%
  • Jokic

10 52.63%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Peak Magic Johnson vs Peak Jokic

Quote Originally Posted by Norcaliblunt View Post
    So KCP’s value is MVP Westbrook level now. That’s how good he is? Damn. Lmao.

Jokic does not lead teams to number one offensives, best records, or help any of his teammates at becoming an all star. Facts.
    MVP Westbrook? Pretty sure Russ didn't win MVP with the Wizards. He was a toxic contract and the Lakers dumped KCP to take that on.

Who on their team could potentially be an All-Star? Gordon has been in the league for years in a featured role in Orlando but never sniffed an AS game. KCP is a disposable role player. MPJ has had 3 back surgeries and struggles to score off the dribble.
    Murray can't stay on the court long enough to even be in the conversation for the AS game.

College superstar

Wink Re: Peak Magic Johnson vs Peak Jokic

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    MVP Westbrook? Pretty sure Russ didn't win MVP with the Wizards. He was a toxic contract and the Lakers dumped KCP to take that on.

Who on their team could potentially be an All-Star? Gordon has been in the league for years in a featured role in Orlando but never sniffed an AS game. KCP is a disposable role player. MPJ has had 3 back surgeries and struggles to score off the dribble.
    Murray can't stay on the court long enough to even be in the conversation for the AS game.
    KCP was literally traded for a former MVP coming off a season in which they averaged a triple double. You can spin this shit anyway you want that’s the freaking point. Lmao.

If Jokic was leading teams to number one offenses and best records all those dudes accept for KCP become all stars at some point. But he isn’t that dominant. He’s great. Just not some dominant GOAT who’s head and shoulders above everyone else.

Made that high school varsity squad

KCP was literally traded for a former MVP coming off a season in which they averaged a triple double. You can spin this shit anyway you want that’s the freaking point. Lmao.

If Jokic was leading teams to number one offenses and best records all those dudes accept for KCP become all stars at some point. But he isn’t that dominant. He’s great. Just not some dominant GOAT who’s head and shoulders above everyone else.
    I had forgotten that that trade was a straight up Westbrook for KCP deal. Thanks for clarifying.

KCP wouldn't be an All-Star in the G league. His career averages are 11/3/2.

How many other guys in the league are leading their team in points, rebounds and assists? How many guys averaged 30/13 in the playoffs for 3 straight years?

I say again who on their team could possibly be an All-Star? Please clarify

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

How many other guys in the league are leading their team in points, rebounds and assists? How many guys averaged 30/13 in the playoffs for 3 straight years?

Jokic is leading all players in assists this year in the playoffs. He is second in rebounds, but the 1st is Anthony Davis, who was eliminated... and in the 1st round when they played each other Jokic was the best rebounder.

College superstar

KCP is one of those clutch role player glue guys who hits open shots that every championship level team needs. He was a proven winner and Lakers fan favorite before he came to Denver. I know I lived in LA. The fans and talking heads all loved KCP and what he brung and were pissed when the Lakers traded him.

Murray is a straight up stud. Yeah he has an injury history, but when he is at his peak on any given night he’s as skilled and deadly as Mitchell, Booker, Irving, Middleton, Dame, Klay, or any of the other elite 2 guards.

Aaron Gordon is the kind of freak that Steve Nash would have averaging 20 plus points a game. Lobs and pick and rolls all day.

And MPJ is a dude I could see slipping into the all star game if Denver was actually ever a dominate regular season team.

KCP is one of those clutch role player glue guys who hits open shots that every championship level team needs. He was a proven winner and Lakers fan favorite before he came to Denver. I know I lived in LA. The fans and talking heads all loved KCP and what he brung and were pissed when the Lakers traded him.

Murray is a straight up stud. Yeah he has an injury history, but when he is at his peak on any given night he’s as skilled and deadly as Mitchell, Booker, Irving, Middleton, Dame, Klay, or any of the other elite 2 guards.

Aaron Gordon is the kind of freak that Steve Nash would have averaging 20 plus points a game. Lobs and pick and rolls all day.

And MPJ is a dude I could see slipping into the all star game if Denver was actually ever a dominate regular season team.

So which year do you think these guys would have been All-Stars with Nash instead of Jokic? Who would they replace on the AS team?

College superstar

So which year do you think these guys would have been All-Stars with Nash instead of Jokic? Who would they replace on the AS team?
    Nash could probably lead this Denver team to the best offense, best record, and get Gordon an all star selection. At least for one season.

Murray is all star level on his own regardless of what Jokic or anyone else does. He’s that talented. Just needs to stay healthy.

And like I said if Denver was really rolling before the all star break dominating teams with the leagues best record I could see MJP slipping in coaches vote as a fringe all star.

Nash could probably lead this Denver team to the best offense, best record, and get Gordon an all star selection. At least for one season.

Murray is all star level on his own regardless of what Jokic or anyone else does. He’s that talented. Just needs to stay healthy.

And like I said if Denver was really rolling before the all star break dominating teams with the leagues best record I could see MJP slipping in coaches vote as a fringe all star.

So who would Gordon replace on the AS game? You think he would get picked over AD, Kawhi or PG13?

Gordon cant score outside 3 feet with any efficiency at all. Jokic isn't going to change the fact that he struggles to make open jumpers.

Murray can't stay on the court long enough to get selected. Ditto MPJ. This is the first year he played a full season and he isn't that good off the dribble. There are only so many open jumpers Joker can set him up for.

As an old guy who watched Magic in college, i am taking Jokic. He can dominate a game scoring in a way that Magic couldn't.

James Worthy was the 3rd wheel for the Lakers and was a 7 time All-Star. Magic had a far stronger supporting cast. I don't see him winning a ring with the talent Jokic is playing with.
    Yeah, Magic had a stronger supporting team but he also beat higher quality teams than Jokic has, as a rookie with their Captain KAJ out putting up 42 pts in GM 7 at Philly vs Dr J, beating Larry Legend's Celtics 2 out of 3 in the Finals, beating IT and the Bad Boys Pistons etc...call me when Jokic beats ANY team close to that level.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    Yeah, Magic had a stronger supporting team but he also beat higher quality teams than Jokic has, as a rookie with their Captain KAJ out putting up 42 pts in GM 7 at Philly vs Dr J, beating Larry Legend's Celtics 2 out of 3 in the Finals, beating IT and the Bad Boys Pistons etc...call me when Jokic beats ANY team close to that level.

Give him hall of fame teammates, no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    Jokic literally has the best peak of all time. The only argument is 2015-2018 LeBron.

It's simply harder to win in today's era, so winning isn't the be all end all. It matters, but what Jokic is doing individually, game in game out, in the regular season and playoffs for multiple years now is unprecedented. He has the best advanced stats ever and eye test confirms his brilliance.

Jokic is the best player of all time.
    This is the inflated offensive stats era, bro. Jokic and defense aren't a thing. There are better two way centers in league history than Jokic. I like Jokic but he's playing in the perfect era for his skill set. In past eras where centers where a team's defensive anchor...foggedaboutit

Give him the best supporting cast in the league., no problem.
    Different eras and rules. Jokic is a one way player, elite on O, below avg on D.

Different eras and rules. Jokic is a one way player, elite on O, below avg on D.
    We're debating him with Magic and you're bringing up defense

So what? He leads his team in points rebounds and assists. His impact is overwhelming compared to magic, who was a below average defender as well.

Not to mention that the west was lame back then. It's far stronger now.