Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: How can anyone be a fan of jokic

He's the best player in the game and his style of play is fun to watch even though it's not flashy. He's unique and quickly becoming one of the all-time greats. Also he doesn't seem like a cocky dick

National High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gohan View Post
    He's a dirty player. He shoves players in the back that are way better than him. He's white( so is Luka but Luka can ball) jokb1tch is trash period.
    I agree. I mean he’s effective and is dominating but he does a lot of cheap grimy stuff. Gets away with a lot of dirty elbows and stiff arms and offensive fouls. And even traveling tonight when AE took the challenge of guarding him albeit insanely undersized. Ugly face and ugly game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mask the Embiid View Post
    Jokic wont even let his black teammates come to his country because he knows how they get down in the Balkans....those are some of the most racist people on earth. im not shocked. one of his teammates might go to a bar or something have all the white girls flock to him because he's a black American and they never seen one in person. then get beaten to death by the other angry jealous male customers
    Yeah you don't know shit about the Balkans.

They don't care about anyone or anything enough to love or hate anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    It's not really Euro Trash arrogance as much as they arent fazed by the "white boy" treatment Caucasian Americans get playing ball here where athleticism is prioritized and heavily monetized.

If Jokic grew up in America he'd probably barely be a solid college player because all the brothers would get time over him in general. But in Serbia he gets tons of time to develop.

There's a reason non USA born players are dominating the league more than ever before.
    Bingo. Neither one of them had to face the racist American basketball developmental system, and their ideologies of fetishizing the black athlete with perceived forms of length and athleticism and prioritizing it over intelligence and skill.

They never had to face the issue of playing time, touching the ball in order to develop, they were allowed to freely develop their basketball skills without prejudice, and they just walk into the NBA without the same levels of conventional athleticism and are totally dog walking everybody. That speaks volumes.

Not only that, that’s why Zoomers who want to critique Michael Jordan’s competition through their brainwashed cuckold racist apologies of feeling inferior athletically as they raised to believe in America. They see John Stockton, and Jeff Hornacek on the court at the same time and call them plumbers and weak competition.

Even though that same team defeated the first ever modern Super team that was constructed to try and beat Michael Jordan and his Chicago Bulls. Featuring tail end prime versions of Hakeem, Barkley, and Drexler. All three of which were either considered the second best player in the 90s, former MVPs, NBA finals opponents of Michael’s or in Drexler’s case the next best player at his position during his decade of dominance. All the players MJ sonned into second place joined forces. It’s a shame those Utah plumber YTE boys beat them in the 97 WCF. I think it would’ve visually been a better notch on Michael’s belt if he beat that 1997 rockets team that was expected to go to the Finals.

I would say 90s basketball teams were better because they did feature more racial integration which allowed for variant play style and more selfless players willing to buy into a role. Because not everybody can be a star player touching the ball all the time on a team. Which has been proven to actually, limit a team ceiling. And also is kind of the reason after 2000 and before Kobe and a little bit after Kobe on team USA, we continually got worked by teams with significantly less individual talent, but to the greater sum than their parts. And they were full of conventionally unathletic borderline out of shape white players.

Anyway, great posts. I disagree with some of the observations here. Yes Nicola Jokic probably hates America and American culture. But I definitely don’t get that typical sleazy better than you Euro trash vibes out of either Luka or Jokic. They both seem like pretty nice guys. Luka just needs to stop relentlessly bitching and moaning.

Anyway, White America might be getting a better version of Luka soon with Cooper Flagg. For starters, probably the most bad ass American name you could have, he sounds like he would be a G.I. Joe character. And he has athleticism that neither one of them have. Him and Chet kind of changing tides. Along with a lot of other, really athletic white basketball players in the league today

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    If people were aware of Jokic’s far right political views he’d get more hate for sure. I just found out. Shame I was a fan. But **** him now. Bro is basically Serbian Fatrick Chewing except with actual talent.

this PUZZY

Anything that is anti media = far right
    Last edited by ArbitraryWater; 05-17-2024 at 12:45 PM.

If people were aware of Jokic’s far right political views he’d get more hate for sure. I just found out. Shame I was a fan. But **** him now. Bro is basically Serbian Fatrick Chewing except with actual talent.
    That's just your average serbian. It's more surprising if you talk to a serb and he is not nationalistic.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
    That's just your average serbian. It's more surprising if you talk to a serb and he is not nationalistic.
    It's only in America white people aren't allowed to be proud of their culture and race. Everywhere else in the world they can be. I dont even take this physical shell stuff as seriously, but it's just a fact. Outrage nerds like RRR3 hang their entire identity on white knighting racial issues. It's incredibly cringe.

It's only in America white people aren't allowed to be proud of their culture and race. Everywhere else in the world they can be. I dont even take this physical shell stuff as seriously, but it's just a fact. Outrage nerds like RRR3 hang their entire identity on white knighting racial issues. It's incredibly cringe.
    I honestly think nationalism is stupid and it's not only america it's most post WWII participating countries. Nationalism is a concept of the 19th century.

That said. I won't stop liking a basketball player because he has altering views from mine. Unless these views lead them to heinous deeds idc. It's a basketball player not the political leader of my country. Why should I care?

What do you mean he's far right? Where you get that from?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    What do you mean he's far right? Where you get that from?
    Apparently (i am not well informed on this) Jokic signed a petition supporting their president.

He might have felt a lot of pressure to do so. I suspect freedom of expression isnt a thing there.

Facts

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

what is ‘white culture’ even? Aunt Rachel’s bland potato salad? Turning your ac to 63 while wearing socks and a hoodie? Because if it’s celebrating the confederacy and/or the aryan brotherhood with swastikas you should know why that’s bad.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

I honestly think nationalism is stupid and it's not only america it's most post WWII participating countries. Nationalism is a concept of the 19th century.

That said. I won't stop liking a basketball player because he has altering views from mine. Unless these views lead them to heinous deeds idc. It's a basketball player not the political leader of my country. Why should I care?
    Nationalism is incredibly regressive. Countless historical examples of nationalist societies of all cultures failing. Look at Japan before they opened up trade with the rest of the world. Decades behind technologically.

Nationalism is just... sticking to your culture and people. There's nothing stupid about that. Doesn't mean you hurt others but if they step to you? It's nature to defend your family and people and culture whatever it is.

Quote Originally Posted by j3lademaster View Post
    what is ‘white culture’ even? Aunt Rachel’s bland potato salad? Turning your ac to 63 while wearing socks and a hoodie? Because if it’s celebrating the confederacy and/or the aryan brotherhood with swastikas you should know why that’s bad.
    This is one of the most ignorant posts I've ever seen. You don't think every European countries have their own set of beliefs and traditions and habits?