Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Minny as NBA champ?

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    You think he's their second best player?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    Hes not? His teams win. Towns teams win with butler, edwards and gobert. Not much doubt hes always been more impactful

NBA rookie of the year

Minny is more talented than they're given credit for I think.

Ant and KAT are All-Star players and then you have a great defensive player in Rudy, you have the 6th man of the year too, good vet leader in Conley, depth is good, etc. etc.

If this same team was in a "sexier" market like New York, LA, Miami, Chicago, etc. they'd have a ton more hype, but they're getting a lot of their flowers now that they beat the defending champs.

They could win, they are definitely talented enough, but it kinda reminds me of the mid 90s Magic ... inexperience may be their undoing.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post

Ant and KAT are All-Star players and then you have a great defensive player in Rudy, you have the 6th man of the year too, depth is good.

If this same team was in a "sexier" market like New York, LA, Miami, Chicago, etc. they'd have a ton more hype, but they're getting a lot of their flowers now that they beat the defending champs.

They could win, they are definitely talented enough, but it kinda reminds me of the mid 90s Magic ... inexperience may be their undoing.
    Got some good vets too

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post

Ant and KAT are All-Star players and then you have a great defensive player in Rudy, you have the 6th man of the year too, depth is good.

maybe, but they're a reslient bunch. when they were down by 20, multiple players were upset on the minny bench, KAT got up twice to go into the tunnel then came back. It seemed that they were unraveling at the seams, but they pulled it together and showed up in the 2nd half to win the game in a hostile crowd.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    maybe, but they're a reslient bunch. when they were down by 20, multiple players were upset on the minny bench, KAT got up twice to go into the tunnel then came back. It seemed that they were unraveling at the seams, but they pulled it together and showed up in the 2nd half to win the game in a hostile crowd.
    Yup the one thing they have that a lot of "talented young teams" generally don't have is they have a very good defensive bed rock to build their game on.

They have talent + depth + defense. If this team was in a bigger market, they would have a ton more hype but if they keep playing well in the playoffs, they'll get their due.

Quote Originally Posted by j3lademaster View Post
    I want to see Rudy with fmvp just to watch the fireworks as the world burns.
    this

Quote Originally Posted by j3lademaster View Post
    I want to see Rudy with fmvp just to watch the fireworks as the world burns.
    That would legitimately be hilarious. When he gets interviewed, I want him to say **** Draymond Green