Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Made that high school varsity squad

Default Re: What do you think Denver should do from here?

There’s a precedent. A team with KCP as a key role player underperforms after winning a championship. The obvious thing to do is put together a package, including KCP and MPJ and whatever else it takes to trade for Westbrook.

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Yup. It’s not like the Nuggets are an aging team. Hell the Wolves looked terrible without Conley and he might retire after this year.

But they do need a playable backup center IMO. Ideally a sixth man that can play stretch 4 when Gordon sits and center when Jokic sits. Similar to Jeff Green last year altho ideally someone bigger and obviously younger. The second tallest guy in their rotation currently is their starting shooting guard. Theyve gotta get more size on the bench.

I would look to add Lebron.
    I’ve said this before. Draft Bronny and make clear behind the scenes that he will spend eternity in the D league unless Bron agrees to sign as a free agent, on the understanding that Bron comes off the bench to lead the bench + Joker minutes, and then the bench + Murray minutes. If he does that, he gets to play with his kid in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy Pratt View Post
    I’ve said this before. Draft Bronny and make clear behind the scenes that he will spend eternity in the D league unless Bron agrees to sign as a free agent, on the understanding that Bron comes off the bench to lead the bench + Joker minutes, and then the bench + Murray minutes. If he does that, he gets to play with his kid in the NBA.
    They're drafting too late to be able to pick up Bronny. He's going #1 to the Hawks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mask the Embiid View Post

A 22-year-old, 6 years before his prime, did this to you jokic fans......rememba dat

Look, we can all sense how butthurt you are about Jokic winning all these awards and a championship before Embiid...

but no need to steep to this level. It's alright... you'll cope. Father time heals all.

Very good NBA starter

I would overreact and trade MPJ but that's mostly because he just doesn't give you anything but 3 point shooting, which admittedly he can do at an elite level when dialed in.

And yet, they were in a game 7 for the western conference finals, so it's not as if they really suck.

I agree they definitely need a backup center and a big forward, basically the same as Mavs needed, Gafford and PJ Washington.

They also clearly need a true point guard, someone who can playmake without Jokic on the floor. Reggie Jackson is cooked and probably soon out of the league.

I don't know what they can do with their cap space, but it has to be possible to get a competent backup center, why do teams struggle so much to just hire someone? Who got the idea to get Deandre Jordan? It's such a weird hire, like they're trying fill a quota or something.
    Last edited by 90sgoat; 05-20-2024 at 07:34 PM.

They need a bench scorer. Just one solid 6th man that can give you 12+ a night.

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    I would overreact and trade MPJ but that's mostly because he just doesn't give you anything but 3 point shooting, which admittedly he can do at an elite level when dialed in.

And yet, they were in a game 7 for the western conference finals, so it's not as if they really suck.

I agree they definitely need a backup center and a big forward, basically the same as Mavs needed, Gafford and PJ Washington.

They also clearly need a true point guard, someone who can playmake without Jokic on the floor. Reggie Jackson is cooked and probably soon out of the league.

I don't know what they can do with their cap space, but it has to be possible to get a competent backup center, why do teams struggle so much to just hire someone? Who got the idea to get Deandre Jordan? It's such a weird hire, like they're trying fill a quota or something.
    I think the thinking is who cares who the backup Center is when you will never play 2 Centers at once and Jokic will play at least 38 minutes in the playoffs (that's literally his career MPG).

Doesn't make sense to invest heavily for 10 minutes.

Very good NBA starter

Maybe they could trade MPJ if they package him up Braun or Watson.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Abandon all hope. Flee the city and seek asylum in the South Pacific.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by beasted View Post
    I think the thinking is who cares who the backup Center is when you will never play 2 Centers at once and Jokic will play at least 38 minutes in the playoffs (that's literally his career MPG).

Doesn't make sense to invest heavily for 10 minutes.
    Well, it was a pretty big mistake considering they knew they might face Minny, but ok they couldn't have foreseen the reffing changes midseason.

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    Maybe they could trade MPJ if they package him up Braun or Watson.
    MPJ was the 3rd leading scorer at 16 PPG on good efficiency.

I doubt you're going to trade him for that easily. Better than him starts to creep into "star" territory.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by beasted View Post
    MPJ was the 3rd leading scorer at 16 PPG on good efficiency.

I doubt you're going to trade him for that easily. Better than him starts to creep into "star" territory.
    He just looked really bad in that Minny series.

It showed some serious weaknesses in his game that seem exploitable going forward.

In any case, they can keep him if it doesn't stop them from getting some good backup players.

7-time NBA All-Star

Trade Porter Jr... might be able to get something for him

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

lik Milwaukee develope a bench that is young

They missed Bruce Brown like I knew they would. Christian Braun is going to be a nice role player, but he wasn't quite ready this year. They should try to get Brown back. Bogdan Bogdanovic would be perfect too.