Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Jokic is GOAT-level on offense

Quote Originally Posted by BigShotBob View Post
    My point was two-fold actually as I explained that Hakeem put up more 40 point performances than Jokic has ever done in one series against David Robinson and how Hakeem also performed his best against the best.

At this point I think you're the one that misunderstands. Jokic didn't go against juggernauts every year. He lost to Portland in 2019 at home in a game 7 and shot 42%, choked at the free throw line, and was thoroughly outplayed by CJ McCollum.

The "GOAT" Offensive Center was known for not getting it done when it mattered and he hasn't proven us wrong otherwise. No amount of VORP/BPM/TS% numbers helped him get over the hump against a middling Portland team where Dame scored less points on the road than one of Jokic's "horses" named Gary Harris.
    I'm going to again preface this with I'm not arguing that Jokic > Hakeem offensively. I'm only arguing your reasoning.

You're really hung up on 2019...It was Jokic's first time in the playoffs. In Hakeem's first time in the playoffs the Rockets were upset by a .500 Jazz team. Who cares? It's a weak argument on your part.

The last 2 MVP seasons that he's had, he has led top 5 offenses despite a depleted team. Now that they're healthy they're #1. He's the reason for this.

National High School Star

63/40/82

This dude is harping on literally one game before he even reached his peak. Absolutely asinine argument

It might be even worse than when he genuinely argued LeBron didn’t play well in Game 5 of the 2012 Finals because hr shot 9/19.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    This dude is harping on literally one game before he even reached his peak. Absolutely asinine argument
    I remember him saying Tatum didn't play any defense a couple of years ago. Also said Elvin Hayes was the same caliber of a rebounder as Moses Malone.

Dude clearly doesn't know wtf he is talking about.

0-3 ft: 77.6% FG -- (30.7% of FGAs)
    3-10 ft: 63.7% FG -- (41.1% of FGAs)
    10-16ft: 50.7% FG -- (9.2% of FGAs)
    16ft+: 60% FG -- (4.5% of FGAs)
    3pt: 40.2% 3PT -- (14.5% of FGAs)

Nasty!

Jokic Stan

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    0-3 ft: 77.6% FG -- (30.7% of FGAs)
    3-10 ft: 63.7% FG -- (41.1% of FGAs)
    10-16ft: 50.7% FG -- (9.2% of FGAs)
    16ft+: 60% FG -- (4.5% of FGAs)
    3pt: 40.2% 3PT -- (14.5% of FGAs)

Nasty!
    People hate Jokic because they are ignorant about his talent/skills or they just don't like him because he doesn't fit the NBA/fandom "culture".

Dude is Dirk with Curry-Level efficiency and Magic-level passing.

NBA Superstar

Denver or Suns are coming out of the West.

Lakers should have a chance too but underperform their on-paper talent by goat amounts (bad chemistry and brand of ball)

I wasn't sure on Denver until I heard Nick Wright's hate for Jokic and underrating him - Nick is naturally repulsed by great brands of ball and only likes abnormal ball ball-dominators like Luka or Lebron.. It's an indication that Jokic might be about to take over.. it sounds a lot like when he said the Cavs would win in 2017 or hated on Wiggins before Curry made him a winner

Good college starter BigShotBob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    I'm going to again preface this with I'm not arguing that Jokic > Hakeem offensively. I'm only arguing your reasoning.

You're really hung up on 2019...It was Jokic's first time in the playoffs. In Hakeem's first time in the playoffs the Rockets were upset by a .500 Jazz team. Who cares? It's a weak argument on your part.

The last 2 MVP seasons that he's had, he has led top 5 offenses despite a depleted team. Now that they're healthy they're #1. He's the reason for this.
    I started commenting on the assertion that Jokic was better than Hakeem.

That wasn't the only game I referenced.

Will he also be the reason if they flame out this year?

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post

It might be even worse than when he genuinely argued LeBron didn’t play well in Game 5 of the 2012 Finals because hr shot 9/19.
    I didn't only reference one game but nice try though

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    I remember him saying Tatum didn't play any defense a couple of years ago. Also said Elvin Hayes was the same caliber of a rebounder as Moses Malone.

Dude clearly doesn't know wtf he is talking about.
    I said he wasn't an Elite defender and he wasn't. And you literally never saw Elvin Hayes play so I'm not sure how you can comment on anything he has ever done.

I think it's common sense for people to not comment on players they have never seen play like you consistently do. You're more enamored with the idea of a player than who or what they actually are because you haven't seen them but that's common here

I didn't only reference one game but nice try though

I said he wasn't an Elite defender and he wasn't. And you literally never saw Elvin Hayes play so I'm not sure how you can comment on anything he has ever done.

I think it's common sense for people to not comment on players they have never seen play like you consistently do. You're more enamored with the idea of a player than who or what they actually are because you haven't seen them but that's common here
    Literally no one said Jokic was better than Hakeem. We said he’s better on offense. We’re all aware Hakeem is arguably the GOAT defender but this is strictly offense.

NBA Superstar

Idk. The playoffs haven't happened yet and are irrelevant to the conversation.

Jokic Stan

Too easy for Joker

Olympic Gold Medalist Mask the Embiid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk View Post
    Here is what he has done over his last three regular seasons.

197 games (very healthy), 32 PER (MJ/LeBron level of PER), 66.5 TS% (Curry level efficiency), WS/48 .303 (MJ/Lebron level), 130 offensive rating (GOAT-level), 13 BPM (again MJ/Lebron level stuff).

Here is his CAREER ratings all-time.

2nd all-time in PER (between MJ and Lebron).
    3rd all-time TS%
    4th all-time in WS/48
    1st all-time BPM (ahead of MJ/Lebron).
    3rd all-time in offensive rating

Jokic simply can't be denied with his impact. Yeah he's average at defense, but that doesn't matter a ton when you are GOAT-level at everything else.

#nopippen

Jokic Stan

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    Denver or Suns are coming out of the West.

Lakers should have a chance too but underperform their on-paper talent by goat amounts (bad chemistry and brand of ball)

I wasn't sure on Denver until I heard Nick Wright's hate for Jokic and underrating him - Nick is naturally repulsed by great brands of ball and only likes abnormal ball ball-dominators like Luka or Lebron.. It's an indication that Jokic might be about to take over.. it sounds a lot like when he said the Cavs would win in 2017 or hated on Wiggins before Curry made him a winner

And those are the teams that scrub Ant beat too

This was last year…