Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Naz Reid can lead a team further than Rudy Gobert

Any rebuttal troll? Thought Naz was Puerto Rico bound when we told you all along he was a stud?

Rudy gobert is a liability on defense. Can’t defend the pick & roll. Drops too far back. What a joke as a DPOY.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    I think you could probably do it.

Its just so uncommon to us.

He came up as an absolute role player guy.

Its just about setting him free.

I think the same for Derrick White, Norman Powell. Maybe OG too.

These guys are stars restricted by role / volume.
    Norman Powell is in the best situation he could possibly find himself right now. What more do you think he has to offer?

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    Reid can score but he doesn't have the impact that Toody does and it showed in this game. Was a layup line with Gobert on the bench and that's what lost them the game. Had no business losing a game where the Mavs couldn't make 3s.
    To be fair, they were getting what they wanted around the rim with him in the game. Kyrie and Luka would drive and make Gobert commit to them, then dump if off to someone around the rim for an easy bucket.

Rudy's playoff on/off is crazy! +22.8 net rating with a +16.2 on-court. That's comfortably the most out of all the rotation guys and it doesn't include game 2 against Denver! The next highest is Conley with a +13.7 net rating with a +13.8 on-court.

Now, these numbers might not mean much when compared to players from other teams. However, they are intriguing impact signals that point to Minnesota's unique makeup and team dynamics. Rudy also had the highest combined (net on/off + on-court) of all the rotation guys in the regular season.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    Rudy's playoff on/off is crazy! +22.8 net rating with a +16.2 on-court. That's comfortably the most out of all the rotation guys and it doesn't include game 2 against Denver! The next highest is Conley with a +13.7 net rating with a +13.8 on-court.

Now, these numbers might not mean much when compared to players from other teams. However, they are intriguing impact signals that point to Minnesota's unique makeup and team dynamics. Rudy also had the highest combined (net on/off + on-court) of all the rotation guys in the regular season.
    Lol.

Rudy Gobert has Minnesota winning by 16 points per every game worth a time when on the court.

On the other hand Naz Reid is at +0.5 for the entire playoffs.

They only win when Gobert is on the court, and by a lot and only lose when Reid is out there, but Reid should have his own team.

This message board is truly retarded. This is like saying Shaun Livingston should've had Curry on the bench.

edit: and the only one on the entire team, who has played more losing basketball than Naz Reid, is the snail of a man, Kyle Anderson.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB View Post
    Rudy gobert is a liability on defense. Can’t defend the pick & roll. Drops too far back. What a joke as a DPOY.
    3 years ago he was the best pick and roll defender in the league. Doubt much changed other than having more help now

Hes been doing that for almost 10 years. Trolls hate facts

Gafford and Lively bring something to the table that Denver did not have... rim protection AND you have to respect them on the offensive end because they can catch the ball clean and finish something Rudy has not shown he is capable of.

The challenges in playing offense around Rudy leaves Minny with a razor thin margin for error.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
    Norman Powell is in the best situation he could possibly find himself right now. What more do you think he has to offer?
    How so?

You didnt know Powell can create his own shot?

Hes not doing that currently.

All of these guys are on uber stacked teams, Powells situation is no different than Reids or Whites.

How so?

You didnt know Powell can create his own shot?

Hes not doing that currently.

All of these guys are on uber stacked teams, Powells situation is no different than Reids or Whites.
    Come on man...

He went to UCLA for 4 years and started the final 2. He was known around here. This would be like me telling you that you had no idea about the potential of a player from the u21 German team after he got his shine down the raod

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
    Come on man...

He went to UCLA for 4 years and started the final 2. He was known around here. This would be like me telling you that you had no idea about the potential of a player from the u21 German team after he got his shine down the raod

Fair enough

So you think all of his talents are being utilized right now?

To me its a classic case of someone with so much game just being confined to his role.

I think he could average 22-24 ppg as nr.2 guy somewhere. Sure it wont bring a chip probably, but that cant be the aspiration for everyone.

I think he could be a 22+ ppg starter all star on a playoff team.

Reminds me of McCollum a bit.

Wow.

The Mavericks shot 14-of-16 (88%) in the paint without Rudy Gobert on the floor and 17-of-31 (55%) with Rudy Gobert on the floor last night

Fair enough

So you think all of his talents are being utilized right now?

To me its a classic case of someone with so much game just being confined to his role.

I think he could average 22-24 ppg as nr.2 guy somewhere. Sure it wont bring a chip probably, but that cant be the aspiration for everyone.

I think he could be a 22+ ppg starter all star on a playoff team.

Reminds me of McCollum a bit.
    Look at the names on this list. They aint nobodies. Maxing out as an elite 6thman is something to hang your hat on.

https://www.espn.com/nba/history/awards/_/id/40

To me it is a greater compliment because I think the transition from 6m on a contender to filling it up on a team going nowhere is automatic but lots of guys have failed going the other way and cant fit into a winning club.

Wow.
    Again with hard cold facts