Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Kuzma didn't want to go to Dallas?

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT View Post
    I was wrong too. Thought pj wasn’t a playoff rotation guy and preferred kuzma. Kuzma couldn’t play defense like pj has
    Kuz could be more versatile on defense with his size though. Could have used him as a small ball 5 in the right match-ups. Offensively I don't think he'd have been a great fit as the 3rd guy, maybe I'm wrong but what he showed in LA was that he struggled without having the ball in his hands consistently, and on a team with Luka & Kyrie he'd have the ball maybe even less than he did with Bron & AD on the court.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Not playing him over

Luka
    Kyrie
    Lively
    Hardaway Jr.
    Gafford
    Kleber
    Green

For sure...

Or probably even PJ or Derrick Jones Jr.

The mavs don't need another shot chucker. They need athleticism size and hustle to compliment their star players. Luzma just doesn't fit. Hes better off playing for bum teams and making money.

Turns out yall were tripping. No way I'm starting kuzma over PJ or DJJ given the defense and hustle they have. If Kuzma took their minutes this Dallas team would be worse for it.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post

Turns out yall were tripping. No way I'm starting kuzma over PJ or DJJ given the defense and hustle they have. If Kuzma took their minutes this Dallas team would be worse for it.

Kuzma can play good D when he wants to. When he is guarding a star he is typically more motivated and gives them problems. At other times he is indifferent which isn't surprising on a tanking team.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    Kuz could be more versatile on defense with his size though. Could have used him as a small ball 5 in the right match-ups. Offensively I don't think he'd have been a great fit as the 3rd guy, maybe I'm wrong but what he showed in LA was that he struggled without having the ball in his hands consistently, and on a team with Luka & Kyrie he'd have the ball maybe even less than he did with Bron & AD on the court.
    pj's better as a small ball 5 however though maybe kuzma woukd be better on smaller wings. yea luka/kyrie really dont need a 3rd guy with how productive they are. Oh well I wasnt the only one doubting pj one scout told tim mcmahon pj was a 18mpg guy in the playoffs not close to a starter