Very good NBA starter

Default With what you know from PO, pick the US olympic Dream Team

Would you still pick all the old guard that are out now to win it in the olympics?

I for sure wouldn't.

I'd pick this team:

TJ McConnell/Kyrie/Brunson
    Ant/Halliburton
    Tatum/PJ Washington/Jalen Williams
    Banchero/Naz Reid
    Jarrett Allen/Chet Holmgren

Coach: Jason Kidd

Dead serious about putting McConnell as the starter. We've seen this playoff how important role players like TJ, Reid, PJ are for a team that want to contend.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: With what you know from PO, pick the US olympic Dream Team

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    Would you still pick all the old guard that are out now to win it in the olympics?

I for sure wouldn't.

I'd pick this team:

TJ McConnell/Kyrie/Brunson
    Ant/Halliburton
    Tatum/PJ Washington/Jalen Williams
    Banchero/Naz Reid
    Jarrett Allen/Chet Holmgren

Coach: Jason Kidd

Dead serious about putting McConnell as the starter. We've seen this playoff how important role players like TJ, Reid, PJ are for a team that want to contend.
    They already tried this "new guard" formula with Haliburton, Brunson, Ant, etc for the world cup and looked terrible. The old guard is still paying good. Bron, KD, Steph all were playing well, it's just they have no good team put together around them. I think an old guard team would still be better than a "new" one. But you can throw in great young players in there like Ant etc, but not "ONLY" young players, it always goes wrong in any team sport, they always choke when it matters due to inexperience.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Nb1 View Post
    They already tried this "new guard" formula with Haliburton, Brunson, Ant, etc for the world cup and looked terrible. The old guard is still paying good. Bron, KD, Steph all were playing well, it's just they have no good team put together around them. I think an old guard team would still be better than a "new" one. But you can throw in great young players in there like Ant etc, but not "ONLY" young players, it always goes wrong in any team sport, they always choke when it matters due to inexperience.
    Fair, but I think this playoff has shown that role players like Naz Reid, TJ McConnell, PJ Washington are important pieces.

I really think the US would be much better off if they got those 3 on the team. Of course Kyrie would make them much better too.

National High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar

The only old guard player I would put on the team, is honestly Steph Curry. Personally I feel Kyrie should be on the team as well. I don’t consider AD aged out yet. Especially Steph because he hasn’t gotten a gold medal yet. LeBron, Kevin Durant, Kawhi Leonard … is not even healthy enough, their time is done. Let the new guys get the reps in

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteKyrie View Post
    The only old guard player I would put on the team, is honestly Steph Curry. Personally I feel Kyrie should be on the team as well. I don’t consider AD aged out yet. Especially Steph because he hasn’t gotten a gold medal yet. LeBron, Kevin Durant, Kawhi Leonard … is not even healthy enough, their time is done. Let the new guys get the reps in
    Steph and particularly Kyrie would definitely lift the team. AD too, but he might be too small to play center in FIBA and not enough range to play forward.

As you say, Lebron, KD, Kawhi, I doubt they will really be able to do much at their age and injury situation.

That team will go to the Olympics, lose and make us ask why the stars didn't want to represent their country lol.