Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: I'm watching Luka on that last play and wondering how that move works so well...

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Gary Payton weighed like 185 lbs.

Luka is an easy 240 and knows how to throw his weight around to an extremely accurate degree. And his hand eye coordination is ridiculously fast. GP would literally get... absolutely bodied.

A lot of you old heads don't understand the skill gap that exists nowadays. Luka is Magic but with a step back 3pt snipe game.

Do you want me to pull the footage of how teams guarded magic?

10 feet off when he's at the 3pt line going under every screen?

Luka and the game in general is an evolution.
    Come on..

Luka is not nearly as athletic as Magic was. Magic was probably the greatest transition player ever. Luka doesn’t come close to that and as such plays the game at a slower pace. Both controlled the game in their own way but Magic played fast.

Not really similar players other than both are big and great passers.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: I'm watching Luka on that last play and wondering how that move works so well...

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    Come on..

Luka is not nearly as athletic as Magic was. Magic was probably the greatest transition player ever. Luka doesn’t come close to that and as such plays the game at a slower pace. Both controlled the game in their own way but Magic played fast.

Not really similar players other than both are big and great passers.
    That's a BIG cap!

Vince Carter was super athletic. Kobe was super athletic. Jordan or Lebron were superman athletic.

Magic? GTFO. Magic was slow as mollases physically but sharp as a tack mentally. He wasn't out there out speeding or out jumping guys. He was out timing them and out anticipating them. Just like Luka.

Bro you weren't even born when Magic entered the NBA. And neither was I.

All we have is the tape. And the lie detector determined... that was a mother****ing lie.

And don't make me pull the tape.

NBA Superstar

That's a BIG cap!

Vince Carter was super athletic. Kobe was super athletic. Jordan or Lebron were superman athletic.

Magic? GTFO. Magic was slow as mollases physically but sharp as a tack mentally. He wasn't out there out speeding or out jumping guys. He was out timing them and out anticipating them. Just like Luka.

Bro you weren't even born when Magic entered the NBA. And neither was I.

All we have is the tape. And the lie detector determined... that was a mother****ing lie.

And don't make me pull the tape.
    Lol what?

I've never seen someone like you who is so confident in something they know nothing about.

I never said he was Lebron, MJ, or Vince Carter as an athlete.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

What you said was ridiculous.

Magics athleticism was mid at best. He was big and extremely smart for a point guard. Just like Luka.

With the difference being Luka is 10x better pull up jump shooter.

Shawk I hate to say this my brother... but you are a ZESTY dude.

NBA Superstar

What you said was ridiculous. Magics athleticism was mid at best. He was big and extremely smart for a point guard. Just like Luka.

With the difference being Luka is 10x better pull up jump shooter.

Shawk I hate to say this my brother... but you are a ZESTY dude.
    Is that...bad? Is their some weird personal and tight-nit definition of that word that you have with you friends that I'm not aware of?

Pull that tape. DO IT.

He wasn't a crazy athlete but he moved at a quicker pace as a player than Luka does.
    Last edited by ShawkFactory; 05-25-2024 at 04:13 PM.

Very good NBA starter

I'm thinking this kind of becomes instinctual, you do what you practise.

MJ famously practised every day as if it was game 7 of the finals, like he said, those clutch shots he hit, he practised them 1000 of times so it was instinctual.

Same with Luka, but not same with Gobert.

The NBA has gotten used to "switch everything" because it makes sense in the regular season and you didn't do this during these games, but when you're on the spot, everything down to the last play, your coach telling you something goes out and you act on instinct.