• Timberwolves in 6-7

14 46.67%
  • Mavericks in 4-5

2 6.67%
  • Mavericks in 6-7

13 43.33%
Page 51 of 73 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461 ... LastLast
    Good High School Starter Chuckbe's Avatar

Default Re: Western Conference Finals: (3) Minnesota Timberwolves vs. (5) Dallas Mavericks

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Default Re: Western Conference Finals: (3) Minnesota Timberwolves vs. (5) Dallas Mavericks

Quote Originally Posted by bison View Post
    The closer.
    Kyrie fam been eating good all year

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckbe View Post
    I didn't see the game because I was out but

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Kyrie is becoming gay for luka lmao.

You might not like it, but this is what peak male bonding looks like

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by bdonovan View Post
    After the entire playoffs of saying this is a physical game like the 80's, the league has done a turnabout to assert the Wolves defense is fouling. To the point that Gobert, Conley, and McDaniels all nearly fouled out of the game with 5 fouls each. Those weren't fouls earlier in the playoffs.

It appears the NBA is doing precisely what I mentioned they would do which is begin with a loose standard and tighten it when it served their interests- in this case having Luka and the Mavs move ahead. The Timberwolves can't play the defense they used to win the first two rounds because they are getting whistled every time.

Mavs shot almost twice as many free throws and suddenly regular season rules apply for fouls.

Mavs are playing well, no doubt, and maybe they deserve to win. But the NBA is clearly putting their finger on the scale.
    I agree they changed the officiating, but they had to.

The game is still much more physical, but not like Minny vs Denver and OKC vs Mavs.

As I see it, the league tried for a Shai vs Ant conference finals with Ant in the finals, but seeing that Mavs blew Minny out in game 1, they likely decided that Lukai were too good and some ratings probably proved that Luka is a draw as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bdonovan View Post
    After the entire playoffs of saying this is a physical game like the 80's, the league has done a turnabout to assert the Wolves defense is fouling. To the point that Gobert, Conley, and McDaniels all nearly fouled out of the game with 5 fouls each. Those weren't fouls earlier in the playoffs.

It appears the NBA is doing precisely what I mentioned they would do which is begin with a loose standard and tighten it when it served their interests- in this case having Luka and the Mavs move ahead. The Timberwolves can't play the defense they used to win the first two rounds because they are getting whistled every time.

Mavs shot almost twice as many free throws and suddenly regular season rules apply for fouls.

Mavs are playing well, no doubt, and maybe they deserve to win. But the NBA is clearly putting their finger on the scale.

Stop, the whistles were going for Minny this game with the exception of those 2 Ben Taylor calls, as Miller pointed out.

It was visible late.

That Doncic up and down call was absolutely ABSURD. You NEVER call that on a 50/50 incident like that, when you make a play and Gafford hit a 2.

Absolutely crazy call to keep the game close.

This post is as stupid as your Giannis getting blacker one.

Quote Originally Posted by Naero View Post
    The Mavericks are about to become the first team since the '95 Rockets to win the Western Conference without HCA in any series. Let's hope they also become the next team to win it all with such a feat. I'd hate to see the Celtics out of all teams quash a Cinderella run like that.
    Basically the most lame run ever facing one of the most admirable runs ever.

Yeah, only the Mavs should be winning the finals.

If Porzingis doesnt play, they win.

Role players on this Mavs team, whenever they do too much, it goes wrong.

Green dribbling the ball off his foot, a blitz on luka and he finds an open Jones Jr., and dude thinks he can do something off the dribble and of course it turns to shit, Gafford trying to post up? Cmon now, do your rolls and lobs and keep it at that.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    Role players on this Mavs team, whenever they do too much, it goes wrong.

Green dribbling the ball off his foot, a blitz on luka and he finds an open Jones Jr., and dude thinks he can do something off the dribble and of course it turns to shit, Gafford trying to post up? Cmon now, do your rolls and lobs and keep it at that.
    Green definitely has seemed out of his element, but I applaud Kidd for trying to use his entire roster in a long playoff series. Who would have thought that Jaden Hardy could actually contribute at this level, he's honestly looked terrible in the regular season, while Green has looked ok.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    Nothing wrong with 2 fellas helping supporting eachother in times of need. (They will probably not do that again in 10 years)

Ant and KAT picked the absolute worst time to become The Stink Bros. On the other hand, The Fat Guy and Mr. Woke stepped up to the plate - big time!

Luka D
    - 3 games played
    - 32.7 ppg, 7.7 rpg, 8.7 apg, 2.7 spg, 0.7 bpg
    - 61.6% TS

Kyrie I
    - 3 games played
    - 27.7 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 4.7 apg, 0.7 spg, 0.3 bpg
    - 61.6% TS

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    You need to have at least 1 real life friend to understand what you're saying. Axe wouldn't be able to understand you.

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    Ant and KAT picked the absolute worst time to become The Stink Bros. On the other hand, The Fat Guy and Mr. Woke stepped up to the plate - big time!

Luka D
    - 3 games played
    - 32.7 ppg, 7.7 rpg, 8.7 apg, 2.7 spg, 0.7 bpg
    - 61.6% TS

Kyrie I
    - 3 games played
    - 27.7 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 4.7 apg, 0.7 spg, 0.3 bpg
    - 61.6% TS
    I don't understand how both guys started playing so much better offensively now that they're playing a better defense than the previous two teams.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Ant has the physical attributes of a guy that would defend Irving well but may not have the necessary experience and savvy. Never should have opened his mouth really, I'm not an Irving fan at all but I would never deny his skills as a player. Don't give that guy any extra motivation. You would think that being in the conference finals would mean he needs no added motivation but that's how players can be.

Xiao was trolling Luka all the time earlier in the season. So fitting that Luka is about to take out his hero.