Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Banned

Default Re: Reasons why people hate Laker fans...

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    sharks?
    Reasons I don't want to go to LA....
    These are assumptions, so you can correct me if I'm wrong:
    -Inflated prices for things due to population and celebrities
    -Traffic
    -Crowded
    -Some dumb things eventually going into law like the color of the car
    -Hollywood
    -Pollution

Off the top of my head. There might be a bit more.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Killbot
    -Traffic
    -Crowded
    -Hollywood
    -Pollution

nah that's basically LA...

BlackMamba24
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by PoGoMon
    The LA Laker fans are usually disliked because they refuse to differentiate between the MINNEAPOLIS LAKERS with their 5 rings and the LA Lakers with their 9 rings!!!.

Buss would not even acknowledge the Minneapolis winners until forced to because of things like titles, rings, the 50 year greatest players celebration with Mikan being alive and wanting what was due to him - RESPECT!

Once more - another HISTORY lesson unacknowledged.
    You could use that an argument. I consider us the same franchise as the team moved from Minneapolis because the attendance dropped severly and not much was going on financially. Nonetheless, even if we go by your argument, we're still the 2nd most successful franchise.

-Traffic
    -Crowded
    -Hollywood
    -Pollution

and mexicans.
    but i love living in LA.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nbastatus
    and mexicans.
    but i love living in LA.
    I don't have a problem with Mexicans. In fact, I have a few friends who are of that ethnicity.

I don't have a problem with Mexicans.
    you are awesome

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMamba24
    You could use that an argument. I consider us the same franchise as the team moved from Minneapolis because the attendance dropped severly and not much was going on financially. Nonetheless, even if we go by your argument, we're still the 2nd most successful franchise.
    Glad to see a LA Laker fan that can at least acknowledge the hard, cold facts of the issue of respect due to players who got you the titles in an era that is also NOT acknowledged by youngsters with any appreciation of History.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

-Inflated prices for things due to population and celebrities [COLOR="Red"]Fair[/COLOR]
    -Traffic .... [COLOR="Red"]three words New York City[/COLOR]
    -Crowded.... [COLOR="Red"]see above[/COLOR]
    -Some dumb things eventually going into law like the color of the car... [COLOR="Red"]very true[/COLOR]
    -Hollywood..... [COLOR="Red"]if people hate Hollywood so much than they shouldn't watch any tv, movies or listen to music[/COLOR]
    -Pollution....[COLOR="Red"]New York City[/COLOR]

All legit, but NYC and other cities are as bad in some areas or worse.

But I guess with some of those, that's the price you pay for living in such a great city.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

3 major reasons I don't like many (not all) Laker fans:

1. The arrogance of many of the fans. The Lakers have won a lot, and fans of the Lakers start acting like they (the fans, not the team) are better than others. This includes the following type of fans:

2. Bandwagon fans that have no direct link to L.A. All around the country there are "Laker fans" that become passionate fans of the Lakers even if they have another home team to root for. These are often people that are sore losers. They can't stand being patient with the team that they actually live near, so they root for the Lakers who have a history of winning. Even if the Lakers are actually having an off season, then they will fall back on #3.

3. How difficult it is to discuss basketball with many Laker fans. Mainly due to them resorting to talking about past championships if they feel like they are losing in the current conversation. Example: If you try to talk about the most recent game where their team lost, they will turn the conversation to the season overall if the Lakers are doing better than your team, or say something like "All I got to say is 14 championships" as if it is relevant to the current conversation. In fact, I've watched one guy I know tell a friend who is a Pacer fan that he 'had no right to talk basketball with him because the Pacers have never won an NBA championship.'

Edit: Now that I look at it, #1 and #3 are pretty close to the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    3 major reasons I don't like many (not all) Laker fans:

1. The arrogance of many of the fans. The Lakers have won a lot, and fans of the Lakers start acting like they (the fans, not the team) are better than others. This includes the following type of fans:

2. Bandwagon fans that have no direct link to L.A. All around the country there are "Laker fans" that become passionate fans of the Lakers even if they have another home team to root for. These are often people that are sore losers. They can't stand being patient with the team that they actually live near, so they root for the Lakers who have a history of winning. Even if the Lakers are actually having an off season, then they will fall back on #3.

3. How difficult it is to discuss basketball with many Laker fans. Mainly due to them resorting to talking about past championships if they feel like they are losing in the current conversation. Example: If you try to talk about the most recent game where their team lost, they will turn the conversation to the season overall if the Lakers are doing better than your team, or say something like "All I got to say is 14 championships" as if it is relevant to the current conversation. In fact, I've watched one guy I know tell a friend who is a Pacer fan that he 'had no right to talk basketball with him because the Pacers have never won an NBA championship.'

Edit: Now that I look at it, #1 and #3 are pretty close to the same thing.
    The you should try reminding those LA fans that they need to acknowledge their Minneapolis 5 title winning comrades - because the LA lakers have 9 titles - NOT 14 titles!

Remind them to respect their elders - as in winners of titles as well as in everyday life.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    All legit, but NYC and other cities are as bad in some areas or worse.

But I guess with some of those, that's the price you pay for living in such a great city.
    I don't plan on going to NYC. I might visit New York because part of my relatives live there.