Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1623242526

Default Re: Swine Flu Virus is Spreading-- Beginning of a Global Epidemic?

well its in Australia, but as long as u have a doctor near u ur fine

Banned

calm down bozos, a girl here in london had it the papers interviewed her and she said it was just like a normal cold and her parents said they would have had no idea she had swine flu unless the doctors tell you.

The NORMAL flu kills people every year. Swine flu is like normal flu. The reason lots are dieing only in the crappy countries like Mexico is because they have such bad medical treatment there. This whole thing is blown so out of proportion.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

I had swine flu and now I'm fine. Only thing that sucked is they quarantined me for 1 week and I couldn't go outside.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by franchise#3
    From what i read more and more cases are reported which is worrying.
    someone I know has it. Bad part is he thinks he is getting over it and we will start work together June 1st. Are these people quarantined?

I'm sick as hell since Friday and think i got it. Paranoia.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I'm sick as hell since Friday and think i got it. Paranoia.
    uh oh how are the citizens of philadelphia suppsed to receive their mail ????

NEVER forget da SONICS RainierBeachPoet's Avatar

A Pandemic Is Declared

On June 11, 2009, the World Health Organization (WHO) raised the worldwide pandemic alert level to Phase 6 in response to the ongoing global spread of the novel influenza A (H1N1) virus. A Phase 6 designation indicates that a global pandemic is underway.

More than 70 countries are now reporting cases of human infection with novel H1N1 flu. This number has been increasing over the past few weeks, but many of the cases reportedly had links to travel or were localized outbreaks without community spread. The WHO designation of a pandemic alert Phase 6 reflects the fact that there are now ongoing community level outbreaks in multiple parts of world.

WHO

College superstar

In America, the regular flu kills over 36,000 people a year, approximately 100 per day.

I live in the worst affected area in the world and I can tell you its severely overrated - OP is verging on fear mongering.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by GUUS
    calm down bozos, a girl here in london had it the papers interviewed her and she said it was just like a normal cold and her parents said they would have had no idea she had swine flu unless the doctors tell you.

The NORMAL flu kills people every year. Swine flu is like normal flu. The reason lots are dieing only in the crappy countries like Mexico is because they have such bad medical treatment there. This whole thing is blown so out of proportion.

Its a big scare because it has the potential to cause a lot of deaths if it reaches asia, africa, south america. Even here in the states it has potential to cause a lot of deaths due to our health care issues and having a lot of people that are immunosuppressed (AIDS, old people, sick people). Its a pandemic now. We have a huge elederly population in the states as well.