Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Golden State Warriors Forum

Golden State Warriors Forum Golden State Warriors message board - warriors fan forum

Old 06-08-2011, 06:19 PM   #76
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Warriors and 76ers discussing Monta Ellis for Andre Iguodala trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
They said they arent going to trade Iggy just to rid themselves of his contract. Which means him being moved for expirers isnt gonna happen. If they trade Iggy its to make the team better not take a step backwards. Even tho some fans feel Sixers should take 2 steps back to get better in the future. Sixers really value Iggy and think he can get them something to make the team better.

As far as for who? Not much word on that. A go to scorer and a big have been cited as needs. And Thorn hinted to a predraft trade possbility. So something could get done either with Iggy or something else.

Iggy is very highly paid. I don't really view him as a first or second option on a championship-contending team. I view him as the 3rd best. I wonder how GMs around the league view him? And thus his real value. Is he a good value with that contract? I don't know.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:24 PM   #77
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I rather wait for Dwight Howard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
Iggy is very highly paid. I don't really view him as a first or second option on a championship-contending team. I view him as the 3rd best. I wonder how GMs around the league view him? And thus his real value. Is he a good value with that contract? I don't know.

From waht I've read its mixed. Some GMs think he is overpaid, and others actually think he is paid fairly. And like his all around game. I'd like to find the GMs who value Iggy game and contract highly because that is a sucker to be taken advantage of.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:32 PM   #78
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I rather wait for Dwight Howard.

From waht I've read its mixed. Some GMs think he is overpaid, and others actually think he is paid fairly. And like his all around game. I'd like to find the GMs who value Iggy game and contract highly because that is a sucker to be taken advantage of.

Well, then your answer is simple: Clippers.
You guys will get Kaman plus something for Iggy.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:52 PM   #79
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

I want a 2012 first rd pick included. Fair compensation.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:53 PM   #80
Dionysus
Banned

Dionysus posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDionysus posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:

That works. The wretched Sixers can have 2 bigmen who will miss atleast 20 games in the season.
Dionysus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:59 PM   #81
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Do not expect Bynum to be on the table.
I suspect the Lakers would sooner part with Gasol than Bynum....age difference.
Then whatever chance of Monta going to the Lakers is pretty much gone.Although Pau is better then Bynum
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:18 PM   #82
kaiiu
Banned

kaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected poster

Ellis>>>>>>Iggy
kaiiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:24 PM   #83
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
In a Stefanski interview last year he was pretty adamant that other GM's aren't scared of Iguodala's contract.

http://610wip.cbslocal.com/2010/05/1...-overall-pick/

Skip to 6:48 of that interview and he explains the interest in Iguodala as well as the lack of concern in his contract. He talks about trading Iggy earlier in that interview too.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:00 PM   #84
Jameerthefear
Feelin' Dandy

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Apparently Orlando has been talking to him:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/spo...nta-ellis.html
I don't know if he'll fit though. He's not a great defender and he is undersized.
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:19 AM   #85
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

Iggy's got a bad contract but so does Kaman, and I think Iggy would fit in very well with an athletic team like the Clippers. I'm hoping this deal gets done. DeAndre Jordan is a much better fit for the Clippers than Kaman.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:42 AM   #86
csklmf
Kids at the park dunk on me

csklmf has not been impressing people

Warriors' greatest weapons are those two guards. Trading one out means David Lee has to somehow go back to 20-10?
csklmf is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: