Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Are you surprised by this list of ghostwriters?

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Most of these songs I bet were not ghost written but given to the artist. For example, Snoop may have here the D.O.C.'s track and said "hey I like that". D.O.C. than gave it to him.

Now Diddy, that's a different story, he just has people write his rhymes and he spits.

In the end, it doesn't really matter. Other genre's of music always have people write songs for them.
    Understood, but if you didn't write it it was ghostwritten whether you paid for it or it was a gift/favor.

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    Props to Neyo, man. Of all the singers/song writers in the rap and r&b scene of the past 5-10 years, he's been my favorite for sure. Musically, he knows his shit, and you can look at records he's not even singing on to see it...

As for the list, I know/have heard that some of Kanye's tracks are ghostwritten. Not that it's surprising. Tons of artists collab officially or unofficially.

Yeah Consequence and Rhymefest write for Kanye. Rhymefest wrote Jesus Walks.

Serious playground baller Juvenile's Avatar

I am not at all surprised by this list. Diddy and Bow Wow got ghostwriters? Is there anybody out there that didnt know? I am somewhat surprised by Mase being both written for and writing for others. But other than that most things seem legit.

Has Bow Wow ever written a song of his own?

Can someone give me a list of what Kanye has written on his own? It's like whenever you bring up a song...someone interjects that so and so wrote for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
    Slim Thug had me thinking.. cuz that song "I aint heard of that" is a SICK song and the flow is almost abnormal for Slim Thug.. its almost like it ISNT him lol.

I heard Lil Wayne , Em, Jay , etc all got ghostwriters now but they dont give credit.. mostly cuz the ghostwriters are dudes in their camp who probably just help out with some lines here and there.

im pretty sure if their in the studio and their stuck at a line and someone just throws a line at them and the end up puttin in the song then they have to give them credit. that why on almost every hiphop album all the songs have like three names by them.

i dont consider it ghost writing though.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Most rappers have substantial help in writing material. If you are getting publishing recognition and are in the album booklet you are a songwriter not a ghostwriter. Most artists out there have had some kind of writing help. Especially in R&B pull up The-Dream or Ne-Yo or Ester Dean or Johnta Austin's writing credits and you will realize you don't like certain artists, you like songwriters and producers. It's a shady industry and if you are not careful, you will have your style copied, cloned then given to a more marketable/bigger artist.

I'm shocked to find out Paris Hilton didn't write her own song. Shocked I tell you.