Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Lol Mavs

Decent college freshman

Default Re: Lol Mavs

I was pretty bummed yesterday but I am proud of what the Mavericks accomplished and I stand behind Cuban's decision to blow the championship roster up. He realizes in today's NBA you're either a contender or you're not. I'd rather we went all in for Deron and Dwight and wind up with nothing than end up as the Western Conference Atlanta Hawks.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    I was pretty bummed yesterday but I am proud of what the Mavericks accomplished and I stand behind Cuban's decision to blow the championship roster up. He realizes in today's NBA you're either a contender or you're not. I'd rather we went all in for Deron and Dwight and wind up with nothing than end up as the Western Conference Atlanta Hawks.
    Bringing back Chandler, Barea, Stevenson, and Butler would not have been the equivalent of the Hawks. It would've been the equivalent of a championship contender possibly repeating as champions. It was a dumb move. Plain and simple. There are too many variables to look a year ahead and assume that there was a very good chance they would've gotten either Deron or Dwight or both. Like I said, its one thing if they were in the position of teams like the Heat or Knicks were before summer 2010 since they clearly weren't contenders at all. But that wasn't the case with the Mavs. They would've been at worst the 3rd best team in the West with a chance to beat any team in a series.

Banned

Mavericks should still be in the Jeremy Lin sweepstakes so they aren't entirely screwed yet. They have a lot of money to offer as well but it would be a pretty big gamble to give Lin around 8-10 mil a year or more than whatever Houston offered him.

I do hope Dallas gets him though out of all the teams that do want him.

NBA rookie of the year

Cuban was a massive idiot for not re-signing Tyson Chandler. You don't want to pay the other fringe impact guys(Butler, Barea, Stevenson etc)? Fine. They're replacable. But Chandler had a clear impact on that team in terms of the defensive looks they were able to give..

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    Cuban was a massive idiot for not re-signing Tyson Chandler. You don't want to pay the other fringe impact guys(Butler, Barea, Stevenson etc)? Fine. They're replacable. But Chandler had a clear impact on that team in terms of the defensive looks they were able to give..
    I agree with this. Then if they declined Carter's team option, amnestied Haywood, and dumped Marion's remaining two years on someone which I'm sure they could've done, they would've still had enough to go after Deron. Seems like they just got too greedy trying to get both him and Dwight.

NBA lottery pick

Barea was worth his contract easily and gave the Mavs a unique penetrator and creator they lack now. Dragic wants twice as much, not because he

NBA rookie of the year

Cuban won a title, got greedy, and thought he could pull a Pat Riley. Na ugh...

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    I agree with this. Then if they declined Carter's team option, amnestied Haywood, and dumped Marion's remaining two years on someone which I'm sure they could've done, they would've still had enough to go after Deron. Seems like they just got too greedy trying to get both him and Dwight.
    Read the new CBA.
    Under the old CBA they could have kept Chandler, and possible Barrea and gone after Williams or Howard. That was the original plan but, the new CBA killed that hope. Chandler is a solid player but, he's not the guy you build a franchise around and if they kept him they would have been sticking a franchise label on him. Has he done anything in NY to indicate he should be paid $60-70 million?

Once again when a player is amnestied their salary does not come off the books. It still counts toward the cap. The difference is they don't have to pay the luxury tax.

NBA rookie of the year

A player salary DOES come comepletly off the books when amnestied. You are misinformed, sir.

Learning to shoot layups

A player salary DOES come comepletly off the books when amnestied. You are misinformed, sir.
    Under the previous CBA the salary still counted towards the cap.

Under the new still have to pay the majority of the salary. The new team only picks up a small portion of the salary AND they are only allowed to amnesty 1 player during the course of the collective bargaining agreement. That is why they are not rushing to amnesty anybody.

and it's ma'am.

Banned

the team pays the salary but its off the cap, thats the point of amnesty

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Tigress
    Read the new CBA.
    Under the old CBA they could have kept Chandler, and possible Barrea and gone after Williams or Howard. That was the original plan but, the new CBA killed that hope. Chandler is a solid player but, he's not the guy you build a franchise around and if they kept him they would have been sticking a franchise label on him. Has he done anything in NY to indicate he should be paid $60-70 million?

Once again when a player is amnestied their salary does not come off the books. It still counts toward the cap. The difference is they don't have to pay the luxury tax.
    No it doesn't. If it did, the Knicks wouldn't have been able to sign Chandler so amnestying Billups would've been pointless.
    Last edited by guy; 07-04-2012 at 04:26 PM.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Well if you actually watched either finals, the lakers were going in as favorites both times. Kobe's atrocious shooting in '04 and Shaq playing a lesser role were a huge part of the upset. In '08, Bryant played decent the first few games, but was a part of the biggest choke in NBA Finals history and eventually just faded to let the Celtics take the title. Now how is that any different from LBJ's abysmal Finals in terms of performance? It's not. Get over it. Get your mouth out of Kobe's jock.
    This has to be one of the lamest attempts ever from an LBJ nvthuggger at saying Kobe choked in those Final runs. First and foremost learn what "choking" means if you ever do.....second of all stop being so mad - clouds your judgement and makes you say stupidities. Look at Lebrons 4th quarter 11' Finals ppg to get an idea of what choking means if you need that much help - it passes the eye test and the stats test. If you ever come with a detailed, breakdown analysis that proves Kobe choked throughout an entire series I'll be welcomed to hear - rubbish like those two attempts do not qualify. Third of all and final word......don't be a disgrace to Chicago fans and DRose fans with that username when you're clearly a Lebron dick rider. I had fun reading what you had to say...my first post really got you deep. That's ok, the intended effect on some.
    Last edited by PickernRoller; 07-04-2012 at 05:51 PM.