Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-02-2012, 06:18 PM   #1
longhornfan1234
Local High School Star

longhornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Guess the Electoral votes thread.

Go here: http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2012/eca...#?battleground
Click on the states to change them to who you think will win.

Post your results. I'll bump this thread after the election.

My prediction: 272 Romney, 266 Obama.
longhornfan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:22 PM   #2
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Guess the Electoral votes thread.

283 255 Obama.

Northeast going to bail your morons down south out again against your will again. Sigh.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:24 PM   #3
Is He Ill
Cowboys & Spurs

Is He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat cool

275 Obama 263 Romney
Is He Ill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:25 PM   #4
longhornfan1234
Local High School Star

longhornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
283 255 Obama.

Northeast going to bail your morons down south out again against your will again. Sigh.
longhornfan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:27 PM   #5
Cangri
National High School Star

Cangri has an OK reputation so far

281 Obama

257 Romney

But I'm hoping Nate Silver's model comes true, it has Obama at 303.
Cangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:23 PM   #6
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cangri
281 Obama

257 Romney

But I'm hoping Nate Silver's model comes true, it has Obama at 303.

This is pretty much what I think.

Been looking at all the data and it seems like Romney takes Florida, North Carolina, Virginia, Colorado.

Obama takes Nevada, Ohio, Iowa and New Hampshire
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:24 PM   #7
GreatGreg
College star

GreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
Go here: http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2012/eca...#?battleground
Click on the states to change them to who you think will win.

Post your results. I'll bump this thread after the election.

My prediction: 272 Romney, 266 Obama.
Lol, Romney isn't going to win.
GreatGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #8
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

MavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGreg
Lol, Romney isn't going to win.

This is true

President Obama is going to be much more conservative than campaign Obama

Longhornfan is going to get basically what he wants, cuts to entitlements.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:44 PM   #9
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I looked at 538 and gave Obama all the states leaning his way plus Florida with is .5% for Romney.

Obama 332
Romney total: 206

Last edited by KevinNYC : 11-02-2012 at 11:03 PM.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:04 PM   #10
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I just wrote a story today about early voting. Almost 40% of Ohio has already voted and exit polling of those early voters show Obama is getting something like 70+% of early votes.

I went to the Board of Elections to talk with the director and there was a line going through the building, out the door and into the parking lot.

By the time Election Day rolls around, Obama is going to have a significant lead. The turn out is far greater than expected in Northeast Ohio, which is great news for Obama because this is his stronghold in Ohio (Cleveland, Youngstown, Akron, Warren, etc).

Plus, I think this hurricane has really taken some steam out of Romney's post-debate surge. Even though Obama 'won' the final two debates, I thought, the first one is what sticks out in people's minds and those races were getting really tight in the swing states.

Since Sandra hit, Romney has been almost completely out of the news and you have guys like Christie praising Obama on every major news network. Hard to believe anyone is still on the fence, but for those who are, it may make an impact.

Oh...

Obama wins 282-256.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:22 PM   #11
General
High School Varsity 12th Man

General is starting to rub some people the wrong wayGeneral is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I just wrote a story today about early voting. Almost 40% of Ohio has already voted and exit polling of those early voters show Obama is getting something like 70+% of early votes.

I went to the Board of Elections to talk with the director and there was a line going through the building, out the door and into the parking lot.

By the time Election Day rolls around, Obama is going to have a significant lead. The turn out is far greater than expected in Northeast Ohio, which is great news for Obama because this is his stronghold in Ohio (Cleveland, Youngstown, Akron, Warren, etc).

Plus, I think this hurricane has really taken some steam out of Romney's post-debate surge. Even though Obama 'won' the final two debates, I thought, the first one is what sticks out in people's minds and those races were getting really tight in the swing states.

Since Sandra hit, Romney has been almost completely out of the news and you have guys like Christie praising Obama on every major news network. Hard to believe anyone is still on the fence, but for those who are, it may make an impact.

Oh...

Obama wins 282-256.
Rove was just on Hannity and he said Democratic early voting is down by at least 150k compared to 2008, and Republican is up 68k from 2008. He said McCain won election day voting in Ohio by a good margin. He thinks the numbers are on track for a slim Romney victory.

Yesterday I said Romney would win 295-243, but I'm revising it to 289-249. Iowa is going to Obama.
General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:40 PM   #12
Is He Ill
Cowboys & Spurs

Is He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by General
Rove was just on Hannity and he said Democratic early voting is down by at least 150k compared to 2008, and Republican is up 68k from 2008. He said McCain won election day voting in Ohio by a good margin. He thinks the numbers are on track for a slim Romney victory.

Yesterday I said Romney would win 295-243, but I'm revising it to 289-249. Iowa is going to Obama.

Of course he does.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:41 PM   #13
General
High School Varsity 12th Man

General is starting to rub some people the wrong wayGeneral is starting to rub some people the wrong way

For anyone who doesn't know, Republicans have won every Presidential election held on Nov 6 going back to 1860 when Abraham Lincoln was elected President.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...ion-Since-1860
General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:42 PM   #14
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:43 PM   #15
Is He Ill
Cowboys & Spurs

Quote:
For anyone who doesn't know, Republicans have won every Presidential election held on Nov 6 going back to 1860 when Abraham Lincoln was elected President.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...ion-Since-1860

Yeah, that really matters because those elections have everything to do with this one.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: