Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-15-2012, 05:25 PM   #16
Celtics4ever
Banned

Celtics4ever has not been impressing people
Default Re: Will there be World War 3 now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faptastrophe
First of all, World War would be hard to define. It would require a massive amount of global participation.
Second, WW2 happened because Germany and Hitler actually had the manpower and the resolve to take over the fucking world. There isn't a country like that now.
Third, let's say a rogue state like North Korea or Iran actually nukes their respective rivals (South Korea and Israel). If that happened, they would be squashed immediately. Hence, nuclear warfare, but not a World War, per se.
Fourth, let's say someone actually has the brass cajones and know-how to slip a nuke over International Waters and detonates it somewhere in the US. Again, they would be destroyed pretty fucking quickly but it wuldn't degenerate into a nuclear war.
As far as I can tell, there are only a few possible scenarios that would bring about WW3. One is if the US and Russia somehow engage in a hot war. This, however, is extremely unlikely. Being that they are the two superpowers (China isn't...yet) they understand that with great power, comes great responsibility.
Another scenario that is WAY outta left field but I suppose is still technically possible is if North Korea and Iran and any other little rogue nations decide to fuck it all and bomb the shit out of everyone around them.
But anyway, excluding anything wildy unpredictable, I don't think a World War will ever happen again. There will always be small wars and cold wars, yes, but not an all-out global nuclear massacre.

Just my 2 cents.

I have always thought about this. Hope it never happens. But then again, every civilization does end up killing itself.
Celtics4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #17
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

North Korea would be a huge cluster**** but not in the way you'd probably think. If shit went down and the korean army started lobbing bombs, etc. they'd also invade china, bomb that direction too unless China agreed to support them (which they would not). I read about that once, that China has an army on the border to counter the Korean army facing them (north, not south). Basically North Korea would lob shells at Japan, Korea, and the US army and S.Korean army and the chinese army would all need to engage them. China would also invade to get at the nuclear arsenal.

It would be short but very very very very very ****ed up.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:11 PM   #18
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Killbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
I would just let two angry douches slapping each others' faces.

In before ban.
Killbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:12 PM   #19
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't know what WWIII would be like.

But I know it wouldn't be warcraft in space!
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:21 PM   #20
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Middle East will be hell but it's always hell. This won't be a "World" war because non-Semitic countries won't be involved. No one has the money to be getting into shit thousands of miles away anymore.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: