Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    O-Qua Tangin Wann

Default Re: Is Carmelo Anthony a top 5 player in the league?

I wouldn't say you're trashing him either, but I'd say you're underrating him by putting him on Anthony's level for this year. Or overrating Carmelo.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riley Martin
    I wouldn't say you're trashing him either, but I'd say you're underrating him by putting him on Anthony's level for this year. Or overrating Carmelo.
    I am aware of the fact that people disagree. But realize that I said a guy on a team 3 games over .500 sitting in the 8th seed is the 4th or 5th best player in the league. How often do you see a player on a team in that position rated in the top 3?

Learning to shoot layups

I have him right around 5th.

He's still one of the best scorers in the league. Can bully his way through smaller defenders but also too quick for the less nimble power forwards. His mid range and long range was automatic early to mid season and his quick release cannot be blocked. Decent post up and footwork to boot.

Hope he regains his rhythm going into the playoffs as the Knicks will go as far as his hot hand will take them which is the difference between a second round exit or challenging the three amigos.

Quote Originally Posted by Human Error
    other words, would you rather have Carmelo Anthony over these players?

Russell Westbrook
    Dwight Howard
    Tony Parker
    Blake Griffin
    James Harden
    Kyrie Irving
    Stephen Curry
    Marc Gasol
    Joakim Noah
    Chris Bosh
    Pau Gasol
    LBJ
    Durant
    CP3
    Melo

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by detroitdogg
    Dude, seriously, STFU and get the fukk out of this thread. Did u just say Melo's teams sucked, are you fukkin serious right now, Melo had a great team every year with Denver and went nowhere, even in 2 years with Iverson (made the confrence finals 1 of those, props given). Are you seriously saying that D Wade could not have this current Knicks team as a top 3 on the East, knowing that this NY team with a playmaker like Wade would be much better (especially with STAT), can you imagine a Wade and Stoudemire pick and roll game, shit would be unstoppable. You are ****in stupid, Wade had 1 year in his career where he aint make the playoffs and he missed 51 games that year, his 2nd best player was Shawn Marion lmao. The next 2 years he did not have any shooters or bigs on his team at all, and still was top 5 both years. GTFOH you dumb *****, and im saying this as a NY and Melo fan, but you sound dumb as **** right now lil *****.

WTF is this shit? Tough guy e-Thug. You wouldn't say any of this to me in person.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

I personally think Melo is closer to Joe Johnson than he is to LeBron, Wade, Kobe, etc.