Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415
    NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Default Re: The Killing (AMC Remake)

I'm not sure you can really know what's coming in this show. Looking back at it, it's not so much that they intentionally lead you down the wrong path, it's that they don't give you the information to think anything else with any sort of reasonability.

But it does feel like it's going to boil down to some sort of eleborate web of guilty parties.

Right now my working theory is that Jasper's dad hired Rosie, and she of course recognized him, him being her boyfriend's father and all. Now he has to get her taken care of, so he goes back to Beau Soleil, which is run by the Russian Mob, and they have her taken care of. It isn't until then that they realize who she is, and now they feel like they have to frame something up, knowing that Stan will recognize their usual work, so they go with the Richmond car as a means to cover their tracks, and at the same time probably help out with a dirty politician whom they're probably in bed with.

That covers plenty of guilty parties, which is where I'm at now. It's gotta be more than just one loose cannon bad guy at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I'm not sure you can really know what's coming in this show. Looking back at it, it's not so much that they intentionally lead you down the wrong path, it's that they don't give you the information to think anything else with any sort of reasonability.

But it does feel like it's going to boil down to some sort of eleborate web of guilty parties.

Right now my working theory is that Jasper's dad hired Rosie, and she of course recognized him, him being her boyfriend's father and all. Now he has to get her taken care of, so he goes back to Beau Soleil, which is run by the Russian Mob, and they have her taken care of. It isn't until then that they realize who she is, and now they feel like they have to frame something up, knowing that Stan will recognize their usual work, so they go with the Richmond car as a means to cover their tracks, and at the same time probably help out with a dirty politician whom they're probably in bed with.

That covers plenty of guilty parties, which is where I'm at now. It's gotta be more than just one loose cannon bad guy at this point.
    That's what I think as well but killing her in a manner similar to Stan's emo but making her suffer like that? I don't think that Yanich is directly responsible for her death, he owned Beau Soleil yes but murdering Stan's daughter like that would not do. I suspect Rosie saw/discovered something while dating Jasper's dad which got her killed, the whole thing is too premeditated to assume it's just about a son finding out his dad is screwing his girl.
    Last edited by dunksby; 04-16-2012 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    That's what I think as well but killing her in a manner similar to Stan's emo but making her suffer like that? I don't think that Yanich is directly responsible for her death, he owned Beau Soleil yes but murdering Stan's daughter like that would not do. I suspect Rosie saw/discovered something while dating Jasper's dad which got her killed, the whole thing is too premeditated to assume it's just about a son finding out his dad is screwing his girl.

I sort of felt like the MO was put in place to tie the death to Richmond. But it does seem like maybe Yanich order the killing, but left it up to Stan's last kill's kid, and he went through with it as he did for his own personal reasons.

But again, that's very much a case of my theorizing exactly what the show wants me to. And I don't think it's because I'm not that clever, I just think that's all the show has given us for data, so if you do think something else, and you happen to be right, then it's kinda just dumb luck.

Sorta like picking VCU to go to the final four last year. Just because you picked them and they made it doesn't necessarily make you a seer. It may just mean you caught lightning in a bottle, because there wasn't much in the way of empirical evidence that would've made them a wise choice. And yet even then they'd make more sense than some of the people who get votes as the killer on AMC's website for the show. I mean people vote for Stan, and maybe it somehow circles back around in some rediculous way and he turns out to be the guy, but if you're guessing it's him right now, even if it turns out you were right, it's still not a very good theory based on everything we know at the moment.

I sort of felt like the MO was put in place to tie the death to Richmond. But it does seem like maybe Yanich order the killing, but left it up to Stan's last kill's kid, and he went through with it as he did for his own personal reasons.

But again, that's very much a case of my theorizing exactly what the show wants me to. And I don't think it's because I'm not that clever, I just think that's all the show has given us for data, so if you do think something else, and you happen to be right, then it's kinda just dumb luck.

Sorta like picking VCU to go to the final four last year. Just because you picked them and they made it doesn't necessarily make you a seer. It may just mean you caught lightning in a bottle, because there wasn't much in the way of empirical evidence that would've made them a wise choice. And yet even then they'd make more sense than some of the people who get votes as the killer on AMC's website for the show. I mean people vote for Stan, and maybe it somehow circles back around in some rediculous way and he turns out to be the guy, but if you're guessing it's him right now, even if it turns out you were right, it's still not a very good theory based on everything we know at the moment.
    I'm not claiming anything, I was just trading theories with you, I did not think you would get offended by it. Anyway I strongly believe Alex is not the killer, they were friends in secret cause of his bad rep and direct ties to Yanich and Beau Soleil. Jasper's dad could very well be a major sponsor of the Mayor's campaign which would explain the effort to divert the attention of the police and media to Richmond on this.

I'm not claiming anything, I was just trading theories with you, I did not think you would get offended by it. Anyway I strongly believe Alex is not the killer, they were friends in secret cause of his bad rep and direct ties to Yanich and Beau Soleil. Jasper's dad could very well be a major sponsor of the Mayor's campaign which would explain the effort to divert the attention of the police and media to Richmond on this.

Oh I apologize. That wasn't me being offended.

I really like the show, I just wish they left things more open ended. I like to the theorize on it, but I've found now after a year plus that there's not much you can theorize on. They make you feel like it could be anyone, but at any one time if you think about it, they're really only force feeding you one possible answer.
    There's was a stretch there four episodes in last season where it simply could not have been anyone other than the teacher. If you thought it was anyone else, you'd be straight guessing. It's gotten to the point now where the thing that most makes me think someone is not the killer is when the show is insistant that they are. That makes it seem pretty likely that you're right, Alexi can't be the killer, mostly because everything points to it being him. It's weird. I still very much enjoy it though.

I think we might be the last two left watching it.

Oh I apologize. That wasn't me being offended.

I really like the show, I just wish they left things more open ended. I like to the theorize on it, but I've found now after a year plus that there's not much you can theorize on. They make you feel like it could be anyone, but at any one time if you think about it, they're really only force feeding you one possible answer.
    There's was a stretch there four episodes in last season where it simply could not have been anyone other than the teacher. If you thought it was anyone else, you'd be straight guessing. It's gotten to the point now where the thing that most makes me think someone is not the killer is when the show is insistant that they are. That makes it seem pretty likely that you're right, Alexi can't be the killer, mostly because everything points to it being him. It's weird. I still very much enjoy it though.

I think we might be the last two left watching it.
    It's funny how now that the show has become better than it ever was in the first season, aside from the pilot, not many show interest

Great college starter Black Joker's Avatar

the Jasper thing was something i totally forgot about. now things like that are what make me happy i read this thread

I just caught up with the new season. It's been a vast improvement to the first two seasons IMO. I started to suspect the pastor a few episodes in but I guess the 3rd seasons is not about the mystery around the identity of the killer. It's about wading through a serial killer's psyche and his motivations while characterizing the victims as well. Although we don't meet the 17 previous victims, through the runaway girls scenes we get to know about the potential targets who are mostly similar to the dead ones. Last two seasons we never got to understand nor much about Rosie, neither her aunt, while everything about the long awaited reveal was anti-climactic. Season 3 though has been fast paced and rich. 9/10 so far.

I just caught up with the new season. It's been a vast improvement to the first two seasons IMO. I started to suspect the pastor a few episodes in but I guess the 3rd seasons is not about the mystery around the identity of the killer. It's about wading through a serial killer's psyche and his motivations while characterizing the victims as well. Although we don't meet the 17 previous victims, through the runaway girls scenes we get to know about the potential targets who are mostly similar to the dead ones. Last two seasons we never got to understand nor much about Rosie, neither her aunt, while everything about the long awaited reveal was anti-climactic. Season 3 though has been fast paced and rich. 9/10 so far.

Is this series similar to Hannibal? I may have to watch season 3 if catching up on the other 2 seasons isn't necessary.

I don't think watching the first 2 seasons is necessary. The 3rd season is a completely different case. You might not know as much about Linden and Holder, but I don't think it really matters.

Season three has been really enjoyable so far. Much better than season two in my mind, and better than season one as well, although part of my issue with season one was that the end left such a bad taste in my mouth. That really needed closure right there.

There's a thread on the current season though, and it's only two pages long so far, but you should check it out. There's some decent stuff in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18
    I don't think watching the first 2 seasons is necessary. The 3rd season is a completely different case. You might not know as much about Linden and Holder, but I don't think it really matters.

Yeah, watching the first two seasons isn't necessary at all. Other than the limited info you get on the fact that Linden became obsessed over this previous case, you're not gonna miss out on anything regarding this case from those first two seasons.

Season three has been really enjoyable so far. Much better than season two in my mind, and better than season one as well, although part of my issue with season one was that the end left such a bad taste in my mouth. That really needed closure right there.

There's a thread on the current season though, and it's only two pages long so far, but you should check it out. There's some decent stuff in there.
    Agreed, two whole seasons for just one murder was too much. I'm gonna check out the new thread as well, didn't notice it at first.