Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2013, 11:14 PM   #1
TonyMontana
Local High School Star
 
TonyMontana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,480
TonyMontana has a bad reputationTonyMontana has a bad reputationTonyMontana has a bad reputationTonyMontana has a bad reputation
Default 2014 NBA Draft = OVERHYPED

There is one player worth talking about in this draft....Wiggins. His combination of athletisicm + skills will allow him to be an elite player in the NBA.

But who are the other guys?

Jabari Parker? Julius Randle?

I feel sorry for whichever team picks these dudes expecting a hall of famer or even a franchise player. Both of them have average athletic ability(NBA standards) and size, while not possessing any intangibles such as making teammates better, rebounding, defense.

Their absolute ceiling is a guy like Melo. Average athlete, high usage rate, inefficient, no intangibles. And thats the absolute ceiling. Melo was way better at their age. In reality these guys will more than likely end up as a Michael Beasley, or Antawn Jamison. They are not franchise changers and once people realize they have a very small impact at the NBA level they will have virtually no value.

Only one guy in this draft worth anything.
TonyMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:17 PM   #2
brandonislegend
Old School Cool
 
brandonislegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,705
brandonislegend is a pretty well-respected posterbrandonislegend is a pretty well-respected posterbrandonislegend is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: 2014 NBA Draft = OVERHYPED

Shut up.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:17 PM   #3
Eric Cartman
respect my authoritah
 
Eric Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,242
Eric Cartman is considered somewhat coolEric Cartman is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: 2014 NBA Draft = OVERHYPED

antwan jamison was a great player
Eric Cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:17 PM   #4
moe94
beef?got the right mac
 
moe94's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 19,609
moe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermoe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermoe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermoe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermoe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermoe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermoe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermoe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermoe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermoe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermoe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2014 NBA Draft = OVERHYPED

I don't care whether you're trolling or truly hold those beliefs, but you should probably stop talking basketball forever.
moe94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:20 PM   #5
Jameerthefear
Elf = GOAT
 
Jameerthefear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Manaka is bae
Posts: 28,555
Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2014 NBA Draft = OVERHYPED

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe94
I don't care whether you're trolling or truly hold those beliefs, but you should probably stop talking basketball forever.
this.
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:21 PM   #6
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!
 
poido123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 9,524
poido123 is a pretty well-respected posterpoido123 is a pretty well-respected posterpoido123 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: 2014 NBA Draft = OVERHYPED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMontana
There is one player worth talking about in this draft....Wiggins. His combination of athletisicm + skills will allow him to be an elite player in the NBA.

But who are the other guys?

Jabari Parker? Julius Randle?

I feel sorry for whichever team picks these dudes expecting a hall of famer or even a franchise player. Both of them have average athletic ability(NBA standards) and size, while not possessing any intangibles such as making teammates better, rebounding, defense.

Their absolute ceiling is a guy like Melo. Average athlete, high usage rate, inefficient, no intangibles. And thats the absolute ceiling. Melo was way better at their age. In reality these guys will more than likely end up as a Michael Beasley, or Antawn Jamison. They are not franchise changers and once people realize they have a very small impact at the NBA level they will have virtually no value.

Only one guy in this draft worth anything.


Are you back again Jeff's puppet?

poido123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:23 PM   #7
TonyMontana
Local High School Star
 
TonyMontana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,480
TonyMontana has a bad reputationTonyMontana has a bad reputationTonyMontana has a bad reputationTonyMontana has a bad reputation
Default Re: 2014 NBA Draft = OVERHYPED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
antwan jamison was a great player

Antawn Jamison blows. He is one of the most overhyped players of the last 10 years. Makes zero impact to wins. Awful defender, no three point shot, poor rebounder. He is just an awkward fit on a team unless you cater to him. And if you cater to Antawn ****ing Jamison your going to be in the lottery.

I remember when the Cavs acquired him, everyone thought Cleveland had the title locked up and that the NBA was rigged. LOL! They actually got worse.
TonyMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:38 PM   #8
Miss Bella
I miss open layups
 
Miss Bella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 824
Miss Bella is a pretty well-respected posterMiss Bella is a pretty well-respected posterMiss Bella is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: 2014 NBA Draft = OVERHYPED

Julius Randle for his size has shown excellent handles and athleticism and combine that with his excellent ability to finish of a drive and also bang down low and you have a great player. I watched a bit of his debut for Kentucky and I wouldn't be surprised if he goes number 1.

I tend to agree with people that say that this draft is overrated but only becuase people has started to compare it with 2003 and 96. Not saying it can't surpass those but at least let us see what they have to bring.
Miss Bella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:42 PM   #9
JimmyMcAdocious
NBA rookie of the year
 
JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The biceps of a God
Posts: 6,753
JimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 2014 NBA Draft = OVERHYPED

Jamison is at that deadly tweener position that everyone seems to fail at and he made a nice career for himself. Allstar games and a 20/8-9-ish prime with solid percentages as an undersized PF.

Rather if you like the guy or not, Jamison =/= Beasley. On or off the court, for that matter. Great NBA ambassador.
JimmyMcAdocious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:10 AM   #10
TonyMontana
Local High School Star
 
TonyMontana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,480
TonyMontana has a bad reputationTonyMontana has a bad reputationTonyMontana has a bad reputationTonyMontana has a bad reputation
Default Re: 2014 NBA Draft = OVERHYPED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
Jamison is at that deadly tweener position that everyone seems to fail at and he made a nice career for himself. Allstar games and a 20/8-9-ish prime with solid percentages as an undersized PF.

Rather if you like the guy or not, Jamison =/= Beasley. On or off the court, for that matter. Great NBA ambassador.

Jamison is Beasley with his head on right.

Tweeners don't work in the NBA. Most of the tweeners are on bad teams, and it's not a coincidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Bella
Julius Randle for his size has shown excellent handles and athleticism and combine that with his excellent ability to finish of a drive and also bang down low and you have a great player. I watched a bit of his debut for Kentucky and I wouldn't be surprised if he goes number 1.

I tend to agree with people that say that this draft is overrated but only becuase people has started to compare it with 2003 and 96. Not saying it can't surpass those but at least let us see what they have to bring.

Beasley looked the same in college and was the consensus #1 overall until late in the season. That type of player doesn't translate to wins in the NBA.
TonyMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:40 PM   #11
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year
 
Kurosawa0's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6,688
Kurosawa0 has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: 2014 NBA Draft = OVERHYPED

There never is a sure-fire HOF caliber player in the draft. Even LeBron or Duncan weren't 100% that coming into the league. You still have to play the games.

That said,

Andrew Wiggins
Jabri Parker
Julius Randle
Dante Exum
Marcus Smart
Aaron Gordon
Joel Embiid
Rodney Hood

and maybe a few others have all-star potential. I don't think there will be a LeBron in this draft, but at least 4 or 5 of players in this draft will be big time.
Kurosawa0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:45 PM   #12
Uncle Drew
Rigging for Wiggins
 
Uncle Drew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 5,231
Uncle Drew has not been impressing people
Default Re: 2014 NBA Draft = OVERHYPED

Uncle Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:48 PM   #13
Eric Cartman
respect my authoritah
 
Eric Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,242
Eric Cartman is considered somewhat coolEric Cartman is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: 2014 NBA Draft = OVERHYPED

Wiggins is HOF michael jordan esque material.

"But it's too early to say that" then why the **** have this conversation when if someone puts him on a pedestal you got to pull that bs?
Eric Cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:54 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy