Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Good sum up of how screwed Brooklyn are. This is TERRIBLE.

You can have Jeff and each other, i'm going to nail the redhead chick. My wife looked like a teenager when i met her and she was 23, somehow i managed to get over that.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    You can have Jeff and each other, i'm going to nail the redhead chick. My wife looked like a teenager when i met her and she was 23, somehow i managed to get over that.
    My partner and I are 24 and people still think we're 18 if they don't know how old we are

   

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerRed
    Holy ****ing crap. The Nets are stuck being terrible for at least 5-6 years. All their players who are meant to be good are old, have no trade value, so they can't get anyone new that way. They can't draft, because they traded away all their picks. The Brooklyn team in 2/3 years looks like it could be the worst team in history. Going to be made up of D-league scrubs and late picks.
    i doubt it.

IIRC there's usually a few teams each year willing to sell a pick. nets should outbid others for whatever they want, i assume. there's no cap on that sort of thing AFAIK.

they also sacrificed picks with the idea of luring FA's to NY, just like the knicks routinely do. players have shown strong and consistent willingness to go play in brooklyn.

and -incorrect- about the best players being old. their two best players, lopez and d-will, are either entering their prime or are in it. they also have rights to europe's top player as well as some decent prospects already on the team.

i'm not saying it's a rosy future. more like the purgatory of being a team good enough to sniff the playoffs every year with no real road to getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    i doubt it.

IIRC there's usually a few teams each year willing to sell a pick. nets should outbid others for whatever they want, i assume. there's no cap on that sort of thing AFAIK.

they also sacrificed picks with the idea of luring FA's to NY, just like the knicks routinely do. players have shown strong and consistent willingness to go play in brooklyn.

and -incorrect- about the best players being old. their two best players, lopez and d-will, are either entering their prime or are in it. they also have rights to europe's top player as well as some decent prospects already on the team.

i'm not saying it's a rosy future. more like the purgatory of being a team good enough to sniff the playoffs every year with no real road to getting better.
    If this is D-Will's prime.. LOL. Seriously, dude is well past his prime.. and with selling picks, usually it's late picks, not one that the Nets need. It's going to be hard to lure players there when they're going to stink so bad.

   

If this is D-Will's prime.. LOL. Seriously, dude is well past his prime.. and with selling picks, usually it's late picks, not one that the Nets need. It's going to be hard to lure players there when they're going to stink so bad.
    don't be an idiot.

and yes, i never said they'd be very good picks. that was pretty much the whole point.

it's not going to be that hard to lure players to the top city, venue and most generous owner in the league. it just won't. again, the knicks manage to do it on a regular basis... even if it's just willingness to be traded.

don't be an idiot.

and yes, i never said they'd be very good picks. that was pretty much the whole point.

it's not going to be that hard to lure players to the top city, venue and most generous owner in the league. it just won't. again, the knicks manage to do it on a regular basis... even if it's just willingness to be traded.
    You musn't watch a lot of basketball if you think Deron right now is playing like he's in his prime

   

i never said he was PLAYING like he was in his prime.

i never said he was PLAYING like he was in his prime.
    But that, at least to me (and I'm sure I'm not alone), is what your prime is. The period of time you're playing your best ball. Not your age.

Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

But that, at least to me (and I'm sure I'm not alone), is what your prime is. The period of time you're playing your best ball. Not your age.
    Deron hasn't actually been playing and last time he did play he was putting up 23 and 8 on 48 and 42. Like he said, don't be an idiot.

   

if that was the case, then one could have multiple 'primes' across their career depending on when one was playing well. what would be the point in using the word, in that case?

regardless, judging d-will by this season is obviously a fool's game, as is judging his career with the nets... given that he keeps reinjuring himself.

IMO the real question is-- how much or how little was he enhanced by the flex in utah? because it's very possible he simply wasn't the level of player most of us thought he was when he was called one of the top two points in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by The JKidd Kid
    People are overreacting to the Nets struggles. You guys forget that this is the same core that won 50 games last season. If the Nets get a real coach and get rid of Pierce, they're still a play off team. This record is all on Kidd, the Nets right now have no idea how to run an offense or a defense get them a real coach and they're easily a play off team.
    Was going to laugh but then realized how s**** the Atlantic division is and how it would be a chance for the Nets if they got rid of Kidd.

Local High School Star Bimbo Coles's Avatar

Deron Williams for another 4 years? Hehe.

Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alanLA92
    Was going to laugh but then realized how s**** the Atlantic division is and how it would be a chance for the Nets if they got rid of Kidd.
    That wasn't my point at all but whatever.