Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Default Official offseason trades/signings thread.

Congrats to the Heat... and the refs.

Anyways, it's obvious the Bulls are not going to win with Keith Bogans as their starting shooting guard. Watson plays well but they need a better back up point guard for D-Rose too.

Post any news or thoughts here.

Good college starter

Default Re: Official offseason trades/signings thread.

Outside of Rose everyone is pretty much available for the right price (like Dwight Howard)

But being realistic. The front office needs to get serious and creative this summer.

I don't want any college kids learning how to play NBA basketball on a contending team.

They need firepower desperately. Guys like Stephen Jackson and Monta Ellis are available for the right price. Look into it.

JR Smith, Crawford, and Jason Richardson are Free Agents. Even Vince Carter would be a decent option to bring off the bench because he can actually shoot the basketball.

The only player that I want the Bulls to bring in are offense-first guys. Thibodeau can coach them to play defense. I am sick of watching Bulls teams that have fewer than 5 capable scorers on the entire roster.

Offense only this offseason.

Man, Jamaal Crawford would be great. I don't know if we can afford him though.

BEASTING ON YOU BUMZ postmupndunkit's Avatar

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3awlye5

Bulls get: D. Howard and C. Duhon
    Magic get: C. Boozer, T. Gibson, K. Bogans, 2 1st rounders.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by postmupndunkit

That would be a good move. No bad contracts for us and we have several first rounders to give away.

But why would Orlando do that? A bad contract in Boozer....

Saw a basketball once

Shooting Guard wise Mayo, Richardson, Butler, Allen, Crawford and Afflalo are good options via free agency. I would prefer to get Allen at a one year deal so we have cap felxibility to land Howard.

That is about all we could do until the regular season starts. Then if Orlando can't keep Howard we then explore trading ANYONE (besides Rose) to get him.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by postmupndunkit

what if we add noah and take out boozer or gibson, would it still work?

Quote Originally Posted by rob30
    what if we add noah and take out boozer or gibson, would it still work?
    Yeah you could make it work with Noah instead. His salary next year will be 10 million. A trade surrounding him for Howard could be easily worked out in terms of matching salaries.

I just feel like IF the Magic decide to trade him, they'll want the team that gets him to take on Gil or Hedo's contract as well.

The FAs I'd like Chicago to take a look at would be Crawford, Nick Young, or Marcus Thornton. All can score the basketball, that's what Chicago needs from the 2 guard, someone else who can create a shot for themselves.

-Alec Burks would be a good fit from the draft, but he's likely a lotto pick so there would have to be some trade go down.

-Marshon Brooks is pretty interesting, he was a senior and is a guy that is definitely able to get his shot off when he wants. He dropped 52 against Notre Dame during the season. 6'5" with a 7'1" wingspan, I'm sure Thibs would have no issues turning him into a reliable defender as well. His stock has been rising a lot lately though - someone who was almost a dead set 2nd rounder is on the verge of being considered a lotto pick from workouts.

-Shelvin Mack could be an interesting pick as well, could potentially grab him with the 30th. He has big game college experience, can shoot the ball as well. I see a Ben Gordon with better ball handling, wouldn't be a bad backup PG and could even use him against smaller 2 guards with how strong he is.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by (e)
    Yeah you could make it work with Noah instead. His salary next year will be 10 million. A trade surrounding him for Howard could be easily worked out in terms of matching salaries.

I just feel like IF the Magic decide to trade him, they'll want the team that gets him to take on Gil or Hedo's contract as well.

The FAs I'd like Chicago to take a look at would be Crawford, Nick Young, or Marcus Thornton. All can score the basketball, that's what Chicago needs from the 2 guard, someone else who can create a shot for themselves.

-Alec Burks would be a good fit from the draft, but he's likely a lotto pick so there would have to be some trade go down.

-Marshon Brooks is pretty interesting, he was a senior and is a guy that is definitely able to get his shot off when he wants. He dropped 52 against Notre Dame during the season. 6'5" with a 7'1" wingspan, I'm sure Thibs would have no issues turning him into a reliable defender as well. His stock has been rising a lot lately though - someone who was almost a dead set 2nd rounder is on the verge of being considered a lotto pick from workouts.

-Shelvin Mack could be an interesting pick as well, could potentially grab him with the 30th. He has big game college experience, can shoot the ball as well. I see a Ben Gordon with better ball handling, wouldn't be a bad backup PG and could even use him against smaller 2 guards with how strong he is.
    Brooks sounds like an ideal fit. If we draft him then I think we sign a guy like Allen who knows Thibs system and would be a good one year guy to have while Brooks learns it. And we would have two scoreres for next year!

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

After listening to the radio this afternoon I have to agree that no one on the Bulls team besides Rose is untradeable. I love Deng, Noah and Asik and Taj have shown potential but for the right deal I'd give up anyone on the team not named Derrick Rose.

Saw a basketball once

Can we even trade for Howard? Perhaps for Noah and Boozer and Orlando dumps Arenas on us. I'd love to see Howard as a Bull but Rose definitely needs a second option and Boozer just isn't cutting it.

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    After listening to the radio this afternoon I have to agree that no one on the Bulls team besides Rose is untradeable. I love Deng, Noah and Asik and Taj have shown potential but for the right deal I'd give up anyone on the team not named Derrick Rose.
    I agree. Rose is definitely untouchable. I'd hate to see Deng or Taj go as well, but if it was for the right player I'd probably change my mind.

I also really liked what I saw out of Brewer, he should of been starting and playing more minutes throughout the Playoffs.

Kyle Korver? Shooter my ass, this dude couldn't of hit water if he fell out of a boat.

I'd give up Boozer for almost anything. He's still a good player, but I don't think he's more effective than Taj - and Booz is a liability on defense. That contract doesn't look very attractive though, I think we're stuck with him.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=3pmfmo7

Just for fun. I hate the trade machine, because you can't add draft picks, and none of it is realistic anyways. So lets have fun.

Rose
    Evans
    Deng
    Horford
    Noah

Brewer
    Gibson
    Korver
    Hayward
    Watson
    Asik
    Bogans

Not one, not two..... LOL IDK, I just like high chemistry teams.
    Last edited by Crystallas; 05-28-2011 at 10:32 AM.

Horford and Noah would beast on teams.

So would Rose and Tyreke lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallas
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=3pmfmo7

Just for fun. I hate the trade machine, because you can't add draft picks, and none of it is realistic anyways. So lets have fun.

Rose
    Evans
    Deng
    Horford
    Noah

Brewer
    Gibson
    Korver
    Hayward
    Watson
    Asik
    Bogans

Not one, not two..... LOL IDK, I just like high chemistry teams.
    What? you want to trade Carlos Boozer?
    Why would you like to trade Booze, what were the things that Carlos did...and/or he didn't do the past playoffs and regulars that made you think the Bulls are better off without him?