Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Black Christian here, ask me anything

Quote Originally Posted by AK47DR91
    How does it feel knowing Jesus is a white man?

That's probably what Jesus looked like.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47DR91
    How does it feel knowing Jesus is a white man?
    im not expert on the subject but does it say anywhere in the bible that he is?

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

Do you go to mass every sunday?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler

Looks like the same old euro Jesus with a deep tan and a duck face. Long flowing hair and hazel eyes?

I rule the local playground Rojogaqu11's Avatar

Disclaimer: Long post incoming. :s (sorry, I tried to be concise)

To whoever asked the issue of slavery, I'd like to make a few points if I may:

[LIST][*]It's understandable how the term "Black Christian" might seem contradictory when we place so much emphasis on the American history of slavery, but we have to examine the context of those days to come to a better conclusion.
    When we talk about history, we have to understand that people change their values and beliefs depending on the degree of their understanding about them. We can now understand many more things about the world than previous generations, and knowing that previous generations had less knowledge about racial differences, then we can understand how it could have been an even more striking point of conflict.
    They may have had an "excuse" to act the way they did. They really did not, but they made conclusions from limited knowledge. This is the same error that is done by someone who attacks the reality of multiracial Christianity, because what we now understand about skin pigmentation, dna, and the human species, leaves us without excuse when we try to make race an issue. We know that humanity is a species with a great range of phenotypes, but in essence we are all one and the same.
    Those who used the bible to validate slavery(like the op said) acted out on their own evil intentions. Also on ignorance and fear.
    We can contrast that generation to ours and we can see that not much has changed even with more knowledge. This is because the natural inclination of humans to do evil does not change.
    So the point I make with this is that the issue of race should be an archaic notion that doesn't have a place when talking about the message of the bible, specially when the message of the Gospel is the defining truth through which all other truths of the bible are understood. This brings me to the other point.
    [*]The Gospel of Jesus Christ in the New Testament completes and brings new understanding to the laws, messages, and events in the Old Testament.
    To put it crudely, the Israelites were a people commanded by God to be "racist". This was to keep them as a holy nation, separated from the rest of the nations as a sign of the pact of election that God out of his own will began to work through Abraham and his descendants. God forgave their disobedience many times but Israel kept on falling to sin. They had strict laws and rites of sacrifice of animals in order to atone for their sins and to remain holy and clean as a people in the presence of the holy God. But the Israelites continuously betrayed the covenant with God and disobeyed his commandments.
    If Israel even with the commandments and God's protection and providence kept on disobeying, then how much more would humanity as a whole sin against God.
    The point of all this is to show that:
    -Israel as a race couldn't obey God.
    -Even less would the other nations do what is good if God didn't reveal his will to them.
    The story is more detailed than this but the point brings us to the Gospel and the final sacrifice of Jesus to atone for the sins of not only the Israelites, but of all other nations.

This can be understood in this passage of the book of Galatians Chapter 3 in the New Testament.

[I]23 Before the coming of this faith,[j] we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham

Fellow black guy here.

Black christians make me cringe. Wake up brother. Quit with the white devil's religion.

Quote Originally Posted by stallionaire
    Fellow black guy here.

Black christians make me cringe. Wake up brother. Quit with the white devil's religion.

Jesus was black btw

Very good NBA starter

if the story of jesus said he was black, there would had never been a christianity movement in the first place. europeans from the medeval era or whatever would not had pushed on with the crusades to force people to worship a dude from africa. no missionaries. no nothing. jesus was popular in europe because he was white power, mothafugga. the roman church weren't gonna support a black man in that time. sh!t, even today, they're still afraid to ever entertain the idea of promoting a black pope.

this post is all politcally incorrect and sh!t, but just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by DCL
    if the story of jesus said he was black, there would had never been a christianity movement in the first place. europeans from the medeval era or whatever would not had pushed on with the crusades to force people to worship a dude from africa. no missionaries. no nothing. jesus was popular in europe because he was white power, mothafugga. the roman church weren't gonna support a black man in that time. sh!t, even today, they're still afraid to ever entertain the idea of promoting a black pope.

this post is all politcally incorrect and sh!t, but just saying.
    Jesus was popular in europe because of the romans
    Though Leonardo Da Vinci did help change Jesus skin color

Very good NBA starter

jesus was larry bird times a billion.

Quote Originally Posted by BuGzBuNNy
    I know they referenced the book to justify slavery but tell me exactly what they saw in the book that they thought justified it. If you will..I'm uncertain.

In other words, what does the bible say that made them think slavery was okay?
    The bible says you must obey and respect your master aka massa when in bondage.

Quote Originally Posted by BuGzBuNNy
    I believe everything that was written in the bible was written because God wanted it to be. I'm not sure what you mean by "what do you base that on exactly?"
    The bible has changed and tampered with a lot. Everything was not written because of God.

Also Jesus is a guy named Caesar borgias.
    Last edited by Dictator; 11-10-2012 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dictator
    The bible has changed and tampered with a lot. Everything was not written because of God.

Also Jesus is a guy named Caesar borgias.
    Yeah, because there weren't paintings of Jesus before the renaissance

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler

Jesus probably looked like an arab.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

You're black and grew up in Midland...please show all the Texas haters that Texas isn't as racist as people say.

Are you Smash Williams?

CLEAR EYES. FULL HEARTS. CAN'T LOSE.
    Last edited by Balla_Status; 11-10-2012 at 02:37 PM.