Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default D.Rose A f..............ing bust

I am watching the game againts freaking minnesota and this guy cant do anything , f..............ing paxson another dumb move not picking beasley

Good college starter Valliant13's Avatar

Default Re: D.Rose A f..............ing bust

He hasn't played one regular season game yet...it seems a bit early to write off his career. Maybe give until game three before you ship him off the D-league for the next ten years.

McCants is Available!!

They knew he wouldn't have a big impact right away. They drafted him based on potential. He's going to be a top 5 point guard in this league in 2-3 years.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Maniuchi
    I am watching the game againts freaking minnesota and this guy cant do anything , f..............ing paxson another dumb move not picking beasley
    Hard to play well when no one on the team can make a shot outside of Gooden. Hughes has already played 30 minutes. No PG is going to play well alongside garbage like that. And for some inexplicable reason Del Negro had Hinrich start, who went through his typical 'fast start then go into a shell and start playing scared' mode.

This team is ****. Paxson definitely has to go. But I'm not seeing anything out of Rose that would make me think that he's playing bad.

Nobody coach + bad team = tough environment for any rookie to play well in. Especially a rookie PG.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
    They knew he wouldn't have a big impact right away. They drafted him based on potential. He's going to be a top 5 point guard in this league in 2-3 years.
    Won't happen unless Paxson is fired. He has made the situation almost impossible for any player to succeed in. Rose is going to have to tough it out and hope someone can come in and fix the mess.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

You HOPE he's going to be. To act as though it is a certainty is foolish. Especially considering the skills Derrick Rose lacks.

McCants is Available!!

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    You HOPE he's going to be. To act as though it is a certainty is foolish. Especially considering the skills Derrick Rose lacks.
    yeah maybe that was a little premature of me to say, but I just feel with the skills he possesses such as his speed and explosiveness, that he will be a top 5 point guard in this league.

I usually hit open layups

Honestly I was never that impressed with him in college. He has an awkward style of play and can't shoot. Hopefully he'll become an all-star though because the fans of Chicago deserve it.

What's top 5 PG going to mean in the coming years after Nash and Kidd are retired. You have CP3 and Deron at the top, and then who is Rose beating out? Devin Harris? Baron Davis?

Derrick Rose could be very good but it was just a dumb choice for Chicago unless they are going to go after a PF or Center in the coming drafts. I think they will be in the lottery next year.

just tuned in... he looks pretty good. awfully dependent on his raw athleticism and speed but he knows how to pass it at least. the bulls will be better off this year if they were a run and gun team. it seems to fit Rose's style better and Chicago's style better too since they dont have a lot of depth at big man size. When Drew Gooden is your only dependable big man scorer, its gonna be whack.

Banned

yeah maybe that was a little premature of me to say, but I just feel with the skills he possesses such as his speed and explosiveness, that he will be a top 5 point guard in this league.
    those are skills, those are athletic attributes

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    just tuned in... he looks pretty good. awfully dependent on his raw athleticism and speed but he knows how to pass it at least. the bulls will be better off this year if they were a run and gun team. it seems to fit Rose's style better and Chicago's style better too since they dont have a lot of depth at big man size. When Drew Gooden is your only dependable big man scorer, its gonna be whack.
    The coaching is awful. I have no clue of what they're trying to do with him. And outside of the Knicks there isn't a worst composition of talent in the NBA. A complete cluster**** of a roster. Even a videogame would have a hard time making it look good.

It's like the post-MJ Krause years have returned. Looks like I'll be watching more college games to see who the Bulls might take high in the draft. Maybe Paxson will bring in someone that can make shots. For once.

National High School Star allball's Avatar

Derrick Rose is a player. the very first point guards I ever watched were Nate Archibald and Walt Frazier so I've seen a few. This man is a finisher ala Rod Strickland or Baron Davis but with more dynamic athletic ability and a strong passion for the game. I think it's more likely he will be successful than not. he won't be the greatest of jumpshooters but he does have a lot of potential in his mid-range game and he can put go into the chest of much bigger players and finish. I like his chances.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Speed and explosiveness are physical skills. Physical skills are important but they alone do not guarantee top 5 status. You need refined technical and tactical skills to go along with the physical. Rose at this point does not have the tech and tact skill to go with his athleticism.

At this point looking at Rose as a player and looking at the Bulls current coaching staff I'm skeptical he'll reach the heights many hoped. Unless Vinny Del Negro teaches the pick-n-roll better than he played it Rose is going to fall short of his full potential.

KO King, have you posted which rookies you are impressed with at this point? Because I sense you are not really Rose or Beasley fan, so I am wondering who you do like in the 08 draft class.
    Have you discussed in "my views on the game?"