Page 35 of 101 FirstFirst ... 25323334353637384585 ... LastLast

Thread: Soccer

Default Re: The Soccer Discussion Thread

Imagine if Lewa could perform like this.

Look at Benz.

Light years ahead of Lewa this year. Scores actual goals of meaning and quality.

The general public will never acknowledge or understand it though.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post

Imagine if Lewa could perform like this.

Look at Benz.

Light years ahead of Lewa this year. Scores actual goals of meaning and quality.

The general public will never acknowledge or understand it though.
    Now we're talking. Benz is Like Kobe, masters of the game, great stats but secondary to their greatness when playing. Media decides alot, Kobe's rape case was the final nail, same with Karim and his troubles and background.. meanwhile both are as proffesional as you can get, no weaknesses. Could adjusts to anything and anyone, CR7 hogging every penalty, free kicks, shots and strikers position as a LW. Karim reinvented his position (striker) tough, now every am (10's) are useless thanks to players līke Benz.. and a true winner. I have defended the man since 2007. Now everyone understands.

Imagine Ramos taking away Ronaldo's penalties and free kicks lol.

You're posting goals against Cagliari...

Ronaldo has 23 goals in the Serie A this season:

2 goals against #14 Genoa
    3 goals against #15 Spezia
    5 goals against #17 Cagliari
    2 goals against #19 Parma
    2 goals against #20 Crotone

14 goals against the 7 worst teams in the league.

He has 0 goals against Inter, Milan, Napoli and Atalanta.

Now Lewandowski... 4 goals against Dortmund, 4 goals against Eintracht Frankfurt, 2 goals against Wolfsburg. Lewa actually scores against good teams. His hattrick against Dortmund a week ago is way more impressive than any Ronaldo performance this year. You and I both know it.

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    You're posting goals against Cagliari...

Ronaldo has 23 goals in the Serie A this season:

2 goals against #14 Genoa
    3 goals against #15 Spezia
    5 goals against #17 Cagliari
    2 goals against #19 Parma
    2 goals against #20 Crotone

14 goals against the 7 worst teams in the league.

He has 0 goals against Inter, Milan, Napoli and Atalanta.

Now Lewandowski... 4 goals against Dortmund, 4 goals against Eintracht Frankfurt, 2 goals against Wolfsburg. Lewa actually scores against good teams. His hattrick against Dortmund a week ago is way more impressive than any Ronaldo performance this year. You and I both know it.

You're confusing basketball with football again.

The opponent's rank is quite irrelevant when it comes to determining the quality of a goal.

It's the individual situation the goal is scored out of.

Lewa is nothing but a merchant.

Ronaldo, Haaland, Benz are all better, and quite much so.

Lewa and Messi are the kings of last minute goals and goals with the team up a goal or two.

Dig those stats up for me, if you like.

Lewa has at best decided or initiated 3 Bayern wins this season.

The opponent's rank is quite irrelevant when it comes to determining the quality of a goal.

Lewa and Messi are the kings of last minute goals and goals with the team up a goal or two.

Of course the opponent's rank matters. I'm not that impressed with Messi's goals against Huesca either. Weaker are just slower to close down and thus much easier to score against.

You're very wrong about "at best 3 Bayern wins".

4 goals in a 4-3 win over Hertha
    1 goals in a 3-2 win over Dortmund
    1 goal in a 1-1 draw with Union Berlin
    2 goals in a 2-1 win over Wolfsburg
    2 goals in a 2-1 win over Leverkusen
    1 goal in a 2-1 win over Freiburg
    1 goal in a 1-0 win over Augsburg
    1 goal in a 3-3 draw with Arminia
    3 goals in a 4-2 win over Dortmund

Local High School Star

Who are the top 5-10 soccer players in the world right now?

Your Lewy hate boner is dumber and ****ing dumber by the day. He's been the best player in the world for two years babyboi, and you have mental issues if you actually believe Benzema is better now or overall. At that point, you're just too stupid to be taken seriously. I was going to respond to a conversation where you said Lewy doesn't get involved in the build up play and write a long post about it, but then I read this stupid shit on top of that nonsense. Lewy is the perfect forward in every sense. Great technically, is involved in build up play unlike your nonsense post, one of the strongest in the world, two footed, best aerial threat in the game, composure, scores pens and works hard for his team despite being 33. He doesn't need to be a playmaker forward that's technically amazing like Benzema, or the made in Taiwain Benzema that plays at Liverpool.

As a side note, there was an interesting article about Haaland that talked about his game. He's basically mediocre or terrible in every facet of football except for positioning and finishing.

Bayern might still beat Leipzig and kick PSG's ass, that wouldn't make Lewy a fraud. It would just show how good they are, because IMO Kimmich is the best midfielder in the world and one of the five best players on the planet right now.

Yea... his hate on Lewa is pretty mindboggling. However it's easy to see why. Lewa with the numbers he's putting up the last 18 months is perceived as a direct threat to Cristiano's legacy. The fact that a less physically talented but tenacious striker on a really good team can put up comparable or probably yet even better numbers seems to strike a nerve with Ronaldo stans.

Quote Originally Posted by Street Hunger View Post
    Who are the top 5-10 soccer players in the world right now?
    In soccer that's hard to answer because of different positions. But if I was making a perfect eleven with one GK, four in the back, three in midfield and three in attack I think I'd go with the following assuming everyone is healthy:

Kylian Mbappe (LW) Robert Lewandowski (CF) Lionel Messi (RW)

Neymar (LM) Kevin De Bruyne (CM) Joshua Kimmich (RM)

Alphonso Davies (LB) Sergio Ramos (CB) Van Dijk (CB) Alexander-Arnold (RB)

Jan Oblak (GK)

I realize Neymar in midfield would hurt the defense. I could probably put someone else there but that's just off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L View Post
    Your Lewy hate boner is dumber and ****ing dumber by the day. He's been the best player in the world for two years babyboi, and you have mental issues if you actually believe Benzema is better now or overall. At that point, you're just too stupid to be taken seriously. I was going to respond to a conversation where you said Lewy doesn't get involved in the build up play and write a long post about it, but then I read this stupid shit on top of that nonsense. Lewy is the perfect forward in every sense. Great technically, is involved in build up play unlike your nonsense post, one of the strongest in the world, two footed, best aerial threat in the game, composure, scores pens and works hard for his team despite being 33. He doesn't need to be a playmaker forward that's technically amazing like Benzema, or the made in Taiwain Benzema that plays at Liverpool.

As a side note, there was an interesting article about Haaland that talked about his game. He's basically mediocre or terrible in every facet of football except for positioning and finishing.

Bayern might still beat Leipzig and kick PSG's ass, that wouldn't make Lewy a fraud. It would just show how good they are, because IMO Kimmich is the best midfielder in the world and one of the five best players on the planet right now.

You are literally retarded

Yea... his hate on Lewa is pretty mindboggling. However it's easy to see why. Lewa with the numbers he's putting up the last 18 months is perceived as a direct threat to Cristiano's legacy. The fact that a less physically talented but tenacious striker on a really good team can put up comparable or probably yet even better numbers seems to strike a nerve with Ronaldo stans.

That's my reaction reading your posts most of the time. You Ronaldo stans really are an interesting bunch!

That's my reaction reading your posts most of the time. You Ronaldo stans really are an interesting bunch!

This post seems forced, especially the bold.

Don't try too hard

There is nothing touching Ronaldo's legacy. He along with Messi are most likely the goats.. flip a coin on what you look for regarding whose the best. Ahead of the merchant who counts his goals vs indoor Brazil 5v5 or the guy that has lines of coke all across Argentina.

Your top XI list.. I noticed there is only 3 Bayern players.

Arnold the cross merchant has no place in any top XI, he hasn't even been a top 30 players in the EPL this season let alone in the world. You don't need to necessarily build a first 11 when talking about the best in the world. Mullerinho with 13g, 18 assist goating in another season. Going to get another 40 goal contribution, how does this man keep it up? Hopefully Bayern and Sh*tty meet up in the semis with both squads being fit.

I like how he makes it seem like saying Lewy being the best in the world is in any way controversial, what a ****ing idiot.