Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park 24r2's Avatar

Default Re: The Finals really ruined lebron - i mean just before the finals...

because pippen said he is better than jordon

''a low self esteem prostitute who wishes to see much more women engaged in prostitution''

that's Lebron and his jockers

Lebron is the prostitute of the NBA
    his jockers are the prostitute of ISH

Quote Originally Posted by asdf1990
    idc if you are a hater of what the semis and ECF was greatness .
    Not really. He was pretty good, but I've seen far better.

Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove
    you are so right, my homer side is taking over. sorry for the exaggeration.

I'm rewatching Kobe's 08 postseason.......damn, poor nuggets. Kenyon Martin???? Were they serious??? This team was horrendous.
    That's right, Kobe in his prime was Godlike.

Banned

Lebrons 2010 1st round vs Bulls>>>> any series he had this year.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Do we all consider Shaq's career with all the awards , and 4 rings a flaw

I myself feel it is what it is , but in all honesty , if Shaq would of been more of a professional athlete , and concentrated on the game 10-11 months of the year it is quite possible he could of won 8 chips.

Alot of luck also has to work for a player , with rosters and opponents unless your a dominate team as was the Celtics and russel and the Bulls and Jordan.

I would not put it out of reason that Bron could get 6 rings ,but it also means he would need roster restructuring for his team to make a chase of it.

Needless to say if he had brought his 'A game' in the finals and not taken D-Wades comment to heart , he would of gotten his first chip.

I rep Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove
    Yeah if he would have sealed the deal, that would have been one of the greatest postseason runs I have ever seen. This dude was killing people.

The good thing is that we know he has it in him to finish games. Hopefully he will come back next year with some new moves and be more assertive.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy

There isn't a single metric supporting 2011 even as a Top 5 playoff run by LeBron. And it only gets worse if I throw numbers out the window, and strictly judge him by on-court play.
    Tell me which one was inarguably better then besides 2009? They made the Finals in 2007, but he wasn't that spectacular aside from one all-time great game. He had some of his worse performances against the Celtics in 08. And despite the stats, he completely melted down in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Stats don't tell the whole story. He was extremely clutch in the Celtics and Bulls series and was a beast defensively. I haven't seen perimeter defense like that since Jordan and Pippen. He was hitting big shots when they needed it most. I remember looking at his stats through the ECF and being surprised they weren't better, much like I was surprised Dirk only 42% in the Finals. Like I said, stats don't tell the whole story. I wouldn't say he was better then 09, but I think it would easily be his 2nd best playoff run if it wasn't for the horrible Finals. Even with the horrible Finals, it still arguably is his 2nd best.
    Like I said, statistically and watching the games, I didn't think his run was all that great up through the ECF...he had some great games but it wasn't the dominance we saw in '09.

Banned

lol at ppl saying his defense was great. He got torched by Pierce, Deng, Marion and Terry.

Very good NBA starter

everyone only remembers you from the last series. ask dirk in 2006.

lebron might had done alright all the way up to the finals, but no one will remember that.

he'll only be remembered for being missing in 2011. those 5 games kinda paint the main picture, justly or not, of his playoff efforts. even though it ignores all the games before that, but that's just how it is. nobody remembers how well dirk played up to game 2 of the '06 finals. they just remember the final meltdown.

Quote Originally Posted by eldanielfire
    Is that so certain? I don't think his career will end anytime soon but he's a flawed player with no post game, no clutch ability and some people have noticed he is appearing to lose some of his athlectism that is essential to his game.
    I see what you're saying but let's keep it real for a second. It's basketball. A simple game of putting a ball into a hole. No matter how old you are, you can always find ways to improve and become a better player. Even after gaining a little weight, having some miles on his knees/legs, and playing a completely different role than he's had to do in his career, he was STILL a better player in 2010-11 than he was in any other year. I have no reason to believe he's not going to be a better player next year. I dunno...that's how I look at the situation. It's not like he's gonna turn 35 overnight. 26 is young. Post game, shooting, footwork...those things can be worked on and improved and he has the time to do so.

I rep Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by rodman91
    Too early to say.He is still young and has a good team.If he wins some rings and perform well in finals first two will be forgetten for majority.

Kobe had such finals too in 2004. (22.6 ppg with %38 and 2.2 rpg &4.4 apg) What will do next is matters.
    Kobe and Lebron cant be mentioned as equals ever again. Kobe has proven he is a different kind of beast. Even in that bad 2004 Finals he still had 3 rings, he hit a clutch 3 to give us a win in game 2, and he was actually going through major personal issues ( court in the morning, games at night). So dont try to compare them Lebron has failed in this fashion over and over again...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
    Kobe and Lebron cant be mentioned as equals ever again. Kobe has proven he is a different kind of beast. Even in that bad 2004 Finals he still had 3 rings, he hit a clutch 3 to give us a win in game 2, and he was actually going through major personal issues ( court in the morning, games at night). So dont try to compare them Lebron has failed in this fashion over and over again...
    I think that is going way too far as Lebron still has a lot of years left.

I hurt his legacy no doubt, but Kobe of all people has had plenty of failings in the playoffs and finals.

We can speculate on what is likely or not, but writing off a player is something that should never really be done.

Cough....Dirk...Cough

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
    Kobe hasn't been that good in the Finals either, and I wouldn't say he's been that much better in the other rounds of the playoffs either. I could easily see lebron still ending up as thw better player.
    Last edited by guy; 07-06-2011 at 12:31 AM.