Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: LeBron just Tackled Steph Curry

Eastern Conference teams are just so much tougher and more physical than WC teams, it isn't even funny. Chicago came out and punched us in the mouth. We hit back. That was about as physical a series as I have seen since the mid-90s.

Now, we're taking the same philosophy to the Warriors after they've been allowed to prance around the West all postseason and they are just flat-out unprepared.

Btw, I saw at least 8 uncalled illegal screens in this game. And, the Warriors are the same team that hacked LeBron all night in the first two games, held our guys down on jumpballs, etc... none of it called.

Now, all of a sudden, the officials need to start calling it tight. lol

Get tougher or lose. That simple.

Undefeated

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Eastern Conference teams are just so much tougher and more physical than WC teams, it isn't even funny. Chicago came out and punched us in the mouth. We hit back. That was about as physical a series as I have seen since the mid-90s.

Now, we're taking the same philosophy to the Warriors after they've been allowed to prance around the West all postseason and they are just flat-out unprepared.

Btw, I saw at least 8 uncalled illegal screens in this game. And, the Warriors are the same team that hacked LeBron all night in the first two games, held our guys down on jumpballs, etc... none of it called.

you really have no shame. after irving got injured you all but gave up on the cavs.

now, you're enjoying your "so much tougher" eastern conference team. almost rubbing it in.

I agree with everything you said, but coming from you.. it's a little, idk. I guess I expect more humility out of you.

^^^Called a jumpball

^^^Dirty? Nah. Can't imagine if that were Delly blatantly diving on someone's back. Btw, the whistle didn't blow until about 5 seconds later after Delly had been sufficiently beaten up a bit more.

How about this one...

^^^Came on Curry's late three which cut the lead to 3. Note Lee is actually holding Shump's leg.

We really going to start complaining about calls/non-calls here?

Quote Originally Posted by KiiiiNG

you really have no shame. after irving got injured you all but gave up on the cavs.

now, you're enjoying your "so much tougher" eastern conference team. almost rubbing it in.

I agree with everything you said, but coming from you.. it's a little, idk. I guess I expect more humility out of you.
    I did think we were done, as everyone on the planet did. I also said I'd watch every second of every game and cheer my guts out. I'm not really sure what that has to do with anything. This series is still far from over.

And, for the Warriors fans to complain about officiating at this stage of the series is absurd. They've gotten the benefit of the doubt by a very wide margin.

I said all playoffs I was disappointed in the lack of physicality the Warriors faced in the West. I got KILLED for it. I think pointing out what has become increasingly more obvious to everyone else is fair game, especially with what we've had to put up with all season being in the Eastern Conference.

^^^Called a jumpball

^^^Dirty? Nah. Can't imagine if that were Delly blatantly diving on someone's back. Btw, the whistle didn't blow until about 5 seconds later after Delly had been sufficiently beaten up a bit more.

How about this one...

^^^Came on Curry's late three which cut the lead to 3. Note Lee is actually holding Shump's leg.

We really going to start complaining about calls/non-calls here?
    What is the deal with ground ball situations? Given the type of game basketball is I don't get how if you dive on the ground to claim the ball you basically sacrifice all rights to being 'fouled'. People can jump and claw you and it doesn't matter. Happens all the time and I'm honestly surprised people who go to ground don't get hurt more often once they have the ball

I did think we were done, as everyone on the planet did. I also said I'd watch every second of every game and cheer my guts out. I'm not really sure what that has to do with anything. This series is still far from over.

And, for the Warriors fans to complain about officiating at this stage of the series is absurd. They've gotten the benefit of the doubt by a very wide margin.

I said all playoffs I was disappointed in the lack of physicality the Warriors faced in the West. I got KILLED for it. I think pointing out what has become increasingly more obvious to everyone else is fair game, especially with what we've had to put up with all season being in the Eastern Conference.
    Called me out for trolling too after I told you your team would play better with Kyrie out the first couple of games.

Told ya.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

None of these instances were as blatant or dangerous as the no call slide tackle from LeBron.

Undefeated

you've watched the cavs all year though. you knew how physical they were, you knew the warriors haven't faced anything like it.

I think you got lost in your irving love, because he's truly 'yours'

you don't have that same passion for lebron because of what he did to you 4 years ago. we all know what you had to say about it...

In no way am I questioning your happiness right now, I just know you'd be a lot happier if your boy kyrie was healthy. you'd feel a lot better if he was dominating instead of lebron.

early congrats anyway... 1st ever championship.... huge.

series obviously not over, by any means. but congrats if we do pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Called me out for trolling too after I told you your team would play better with Kyrie out the first couple of games.

Told ya.
    Ah, no. Fully healthy, this series isn't close. Delly and Tristan have been playing major minutes all season. Having Kyrie and Love wouldn't change that. We just would have the scoring to match the defense and a bench longer than one guy.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Being physical is fine, slide tackling people in the open court is not.

Ah, no. Fully healthy, this series isn't close. Delly and Tristan have been playing major minutes all season. Having Kyrie and Love wouldn't change that. We just would have the scoring to match the defense and a bench longer than one guy.
    You're living on hypotheticals, while what I said has actually occurred. But whatever.
    You said Delly was trash in game 1 and implied he would continue to be so. Well...

Quote Originally Posted by KiiiiNG
    you've watched the cavs all year though. you knew how physical they were, you knew the warriors haven't faced anything like it.

I think you got lost in your irving love, because he's truly 'yours'

you don't have that same passion for lebron because of what he did to you 4 years ago. we all know what you had to say about it...

In no way am I questioning your happiness right now, I just know you'd be a lot happier if your boy kyrie was healthy. you'd feel a lot better if he was dominating instead of lebron.

early congrats anyway... 1st ever championship.... huge.

series obviously not over, by any means. but congrats if we do pull it off.
    Of course I'd love for Kyrie to play, but I've been watching Tristan and Delly for years, too. Honestly, man... I don't care who is dominating. Kyrie is 23. He'll get his chances.

This thing still has a LONG way to go. I'm not getting too excited. Frankly, I'm just relieved it isn't a sweep or a 5-game series. These guys have laid it all on the line and that's all I can ask.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    You're living on hypotheticals, while what I said has actually occurred. But whatever.
    You said Delly was trash in game 1 and implied he would continue to be so. Well...
    He has been awesome, obviously. And thank god, because as great as LeBron is, we're not winning this series right now without Delly.

Dude, you're Australian. I would expect you to have more insight on Delly than me. I've only known his name for a couple years. That's more than most, but not freaking Australians.

He has been awesome, obviously. And thank god, because as great as LeBron is, we're not winning this series right now without Delly.

Dude, you're Australian. I would expect you to have more insight on Delly than me. I've only known his name for a couple years. That's more than most, but not freaking Australians.
    The support I have for Delly on here is absolutely over the top and joking, and I'm sure you can see that. I really didn't know much about him. I watched him once live, when his St Mary's team came here to play against an NBL team and didn't really see anything special (apart from their center, Omar something), but yeah.

I've just watched the Cavs in the playoffs. They thrive off spacing the floor, Lebron doing everything, and them focusing on defense. They do it better with Kyrie off the floor. I'm not saying you guys are a better team, or close to it with him and Love injured, but I did assert that you would play better right now, with Kyrie not there. Obviously depth is an issue, but the tactics with Lebron doing everything and slowing the game down is perfect against this team, which it wasn't when Kyrie was playing.

I can't wait to see this Cavs team fully healthy next season.

Kyrie/Delly
    Shump/JR
    Bron/Jones
    Love/Thompson
    Mozgov/Andy V

Some draft picks and smart signings... You guys will be as good as any team in the league, particularly due to the sheer size of the front court. That was a huge factor for Kobe and the Lakers during their title runs.

Alright, but we all agree that was a foul.