Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default American women are waiting longer than ever to become mothers

I'm now 27. It seems probably 80% of the people I went to high school with now have children. I think that's absurd. But the reality is, people were having children at younger ages long ago.

Of course, the times have changed now. You don't need to have a big family to run your farm anymore. You don't need to start having children to help bring in income (the irony in that statement ).

Then I saw this:

The average age of women having their first child was a record high of 26 years old in 2013, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's National Vital Statistics Report.

That's an increase of 3.3 years since 1980, when the average age was 22.7.
    The big jump in average age is mostly due to white women, who are graduating from secondary institutions and going on to receive advanced degrees.

First off, I am so, so happy I don't have a child. Not only do I actually save money every month, but I have free time, and a social life. And I can enjoy my weekends. I told y'all I had sideline passes for the Texans/Colts game yesterday.

There's Mr. JJ Watt.

And here's everyone's favorite NFL referee.

Now if I had a child, I couldn't have done that. I guess I could have taken my child with me, but then you have to worry about feeding, and crying, and changing diapers... No thanks. I just want to say, for anyone who is in their 20's and contemplating kids, I highly, highly suggest you think about what you want to be doing a few years from now.

Not to say that kids are life drainers, but.... come on, you know you'd rather be on the sideline than at home cleaning up diarrhea.

Banned

Default Re: American women are waiting longer than ever to become mothers

This means more kids with down syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    This means more kids with down syndrome.
    Having kids at an older age?

I've heard so much shit in life gives kids all kinds of everything, I just basically stopped paying attention to any of it.

My daughter was born the year the Panthers played the Patriots in the Super Bowl. That didn't stop me from going to every home game plus the playoff win over Dallas. Your life changes for sure when you have kids but it doesn't have to come to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    My daughter was born the year the Panthers played the Patriots in the Super Bowl. That didn't stop me from going to every home game plus the playoff win over Dallas. Your life changes for sure when you have kids but it doesn't have to come to an end.
    yeah theres this thing called a babysitter.

NBA Legend

Pretty amazing to me that 26 is the AVERAGE, meaning so many women are having their first kid well past 26. I would of course expect it to happen some, but hardly enough to bring the average to 26. But yeah, that's just how white and asian women roll these days.

That being said, my parents had their first child (me) at age 27. And this was in the mid 80's.

My peeps ahead of their time

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Having kids at an older age?

I've heard so much shit in life gives kids all kinds of everything, I just basically stopped paying attention to any of it.
    The risk for a baby having down syndrome exponentially increases with each year a woman has a baby after 30.

Feminism tries to lie and teach women its ok to have babies close to 40, but really it opens your baby up to a ton of birth defects the baby wouldn't get if you had the baby earlier than 30.

Would be interesting to know wheter there is a correlation between IQ and average age to get the first child.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

I have a 3 year old boy...I've been to 5-6 Cowboy games since his birth...Handful of Mavs games too

that's nothing though, I also spent 8 days in Paris...and just recently spent 10 days in Italy

crazy huh?

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    I have a 3 year old boy...I've been to 5-6 Cowboy games since his birth...Handful of Mavs games too

that's nothing though, I also spent 8 days in Paris...and just recently spent 10 days in Italy

crazy huh?
    Why are you wasting your time at cowboys games?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    The risk for a baby having down syndrome exponentially increases with each year a woman has a baby after 30.

Feminism tries to lie and teach women its ok to have babies close to 40, but really it opens your baby up to a ton of birth defects the baby wouldn't get if you had the baby earlier than 30.
    Had no idea. I don't know anything about babies. I never even really thought about it much because I never had a desire to have kids. Still dont, I'm just assuming at some point that instinct will kick in and I'll want kids.

Doubt it though.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    Why are you wasting your time at cowboys games?

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    yeah theres this thing called a babysitter.
    You know how many times I hear people bitch they can't find a babysitter or don't want to pay for one?

Easier said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~

crazy huh?
    There's anomalies in everything.

Glad you don't seem as depressed as everyone else I know who have kids.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Had no idea. I don't know anything about babies. I never even really thought about it much because I never had a desire to have kids. Still dont, I'm just assuming at some point that instinct will kick in and I'll want kids.

Doubt it though.

Just remember that in old age it gets harder and harder for you and your wife to do everything for yourselves. It's nice to have some able bodies around at that age if needed. Ofc the decision shouldnt be made on that aspect alone, but it's a factor to consider.