Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-17-2009, 06:33 PM   #1
beau_boy04
Local High School Star

beau_boy04 has an OK reputation so far
Default A relationship question

I have a girlfriend who is older than I am. We don't live together but everyday after I get off work at 6 p.m, I will go to her house and see her. Spend time together, go out eat dinner, etc etc.

Is this a good routine? by seeing her every single day? or will she get tired and get used to my presence and look at me like her husband instead of a boyfriend.
I don't want the relationship to become bothersome thats all.

Any thoughts???

Thank you.
beau_boy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:37 PM   #2
beau_boy04
Local High School Star

Default Re: A relationship question

I don't know if I have the right reasoning about this or not. A friend of mine told me to only see her 3 times a week or every other day because that will give her time to miss me and want me.

What do you guys think in this matter?
Old 06-17-2009, 06:38 PM   #3
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau_boy04
I have a girlfriend who is older than I am. We don't live together but everyday after I get off work at 6 p.m, I will go to her house and see her. Spend time together, go out eat dinner, etc etc.

Is this a good routine? by seeing her every single day? or will she get tired and get used to my presence and look at me like her husband instead of a boyfriend.

Any thoughts???

Thank you.

I think personal space is something that is very important, and should be established early on in any relationship.

Seeing eachother everyday could become habitual, and expected behavior.

There must be a degree of "you" time for it to remain healthy, as well as time for herself.

Go kick it with your boys, go party, watch the game, etc. Trust me dude.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:39 PM   #4
GUUS
Banned

GUUS has decent reputation

do whatever you want, if she starts to seem like shes getting bored give her some space dont see her everyday, if shes happy seeing you every day and you're happy then do it.

Just don't be needy
GUUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:41 PM   #5
depletedW
I Rep Mavs

depletedW has decent reputation

I'd give it a little space like your friend suggested. If you see the same person everyday, it's only natural that you can eventually start to become annoyed by that person.
depletedW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:44 PM   #6
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

if you dont see her every day then it will make the time that you do spend together more important.
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:51 PM   #7
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Bro, I dont care WHO you are....seeing your girl EVERY SINGLE DAY is going to wear itself thin eventually.

Now if you two enjoy seeing eachother, then hey, thats cool. But you DO need personal days to just kick it alone, or go out with your buddies, drink beer, BS, and scratch your balls. Believe that.

So instead of the 6-7 days a week nonsense...try giving yourself 2-3 days to yourself to keep your sanity intact. It works wonders.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:09 PM   #8
beau_boy04
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUUS
do whatever you want, if she starts to seem like shes getting bored give her some space dont see her everyday, if shes happy seeing you every day and you're happy then do it.

Just don't be needy

the problem with this is that as of late I've been calling her right after work and when I asked her if she wants to see me, she replies "of course baby, come on by" and then I asked her "don't you get tired of seeing me everyday?"
Old 06-17-2009, 07:10 PM   #9
PistolPete
The Pistol

PistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
I don't know if I have the right reasoning about this or not. A friend of mine told me to only see her 3 times a week or every other day because that will give her time to miss me and want me.

What do you guys think in this matter?

Yes, you answered your own question.
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 07:14 PM   #10
IInvented
Hip Hop

IInvented has not been impressing people

Quote:

Any thoughts???

Thank you.

is that your girlfriend in ur avy?
IInvented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:39 PM   #11
GiveItToBurrito

As a dude, I want to say only see her a few times a week so that it means something when you actually see her, but it really is silly to just follow unspoken rules like that. Like, if you enjoy each other's company all of the time, why not see each other? It's almost like that "don't call until three days after you get the number" rule. I know that this isn't really the answer you were looking for, but I think you should do whatever feels natural for you, and if you like seeing her every day and she likes seeing you, just go for it and worry about the consequences later.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:41 PM   #12
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

Well, first off, how long have you two even been together?
Old 06-17-2009, 09:56 PM   #13
beau_boy04
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
Well, first off, how long have you two even been together?

Since November 2007
Old 06-17-2009, 09:58 PM   #14
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Since November 2007

And have you two been relatively hanging all the time, almost every day, since 2007?

Why did you ask her if she doesnt mind that you see her everyday? Do you somehow feel like she may be getting tired of it, even though she shows no signs of such?
Old 06-17-2009, 10:08 PM   #15
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Any thoughts???

Thank you.

It really depends on the nature of the relationship. If both of you guys want to see each other it's healthy to see each other often as long as it's not over-the-top. If one of the two parties feels it's too much then it's better to slow down if you want the relationship to last or have a better chance to survive. In other words, compromise just a little bit if it's not bothersome to you.

Just be sure she wants you to be there that much and be sure you yourself wants to see her that much. If you're on two different pages it can become problem. This is my opinion.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: